Mullen's Monday Media Melee

Shortcast

Lifetime Member
Aug 10, 2015
Lots of positives to focus on, but week one won't mean crap. We better be ready for Kentucky. ..we lose to them and this teams confidence will go in the dumper. Win it...and it will give us a real boost.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I think he brought his staff over thinking it would be easier to install his system. He will quickly adjust to the need for elite recruiters. I do not think he will be stubborn.
I hope you're right but I am on the other side. Do I think he will be Mac stubborn, no but I do think he will keep his staff in place the 1st 2-3 years even if recruiting is not strong. I think it will take the heat of the fans to get a change from him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you're right but I am on the other side. Do I think he will be Mac stubborn, no but I do think he will keep his staff in place the 1st 2-3 years even if recruiting is not strong

If recruiting isn't strong, we are looking at 4-5 wins in year three and another coach, probably another AD too.

Either he fixes it in December or he doesn't survive. It is as simple as that. No one wants to hear wait til 2024 or you cant recruit well til your fourth or fifth year excuses again.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Jeez, Talk about Debbie Downer. We have not even completed our first Season...GAME for that matter.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You can't be taken serious from this point on. He has not proven that he can be either you just mentioned.

Then don't take me serious. Heck, on other sites they about ran me off.

But Fact:
  • As OC at UF we won 2 NC
  • When he left...WHAT?
  • He's won at MSU...Who's ever don that?

I wanted Frost also but that was never going to happen.

Mullen knew UF and wants to be here
Mullen is bringing the Nation back together except a few like you
Mullen knows the SEC
Mullen has landed several OUTSTANDING transfers

Cut the man some slack at least for a few seasons.

And if not Mullen, who? I hear Urban may be available.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
I do believe that he will bring back the aura that was Gator Football. He keeps mentioning that players needs to want to score, rather than it being a relief they scored. He has a good relationship with Strick and has him already putting funds/resources towards football again. Fooley got us away from being a football school, and should have been fired after the Muschdump hire/fire payout (Yeah hes still getting a paycheck from us)....I just know that when the football team had success the entire school had success, Mullens knows this and was starting to get it going at Starkville aka StarkVegas (See Adidas shoe deal that Mullens played a roll in), and he has already started this same type of thing with the Jumpman switch. So he has the experience of turning complete campus/towns into something that draws in higher level recruits. Besides I don't think I have heard him say "and yet", so it has to get better by that alone.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Name a head coach that isn't stubborn. You don't get to that position by being a pushover. We just went through two of the most stubborn SOB's in college football. No reason to think Mullinz is any different. Right now he is making excuse for the poor recruiting; bad luck, sun got in our eyes, whatever, but we'll right the ship righted because we've assembled a great staff, wait till next year.
Settle in because we are in for a long ride.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Name a head coach that isn't stubborn. You don't get to that position by being a pushover. We just went through two of the most stubborn SOB's in college football. No reason to think Mullinz is any different. Right now he is making excuse for the poor recruiting; bad luck, sun got in our eyes, whatever, but we'll right the ship righted because we've assembled a great staff, wait till next year.
Settle in because we are in for a long ride.
I think it is very possible that we could have a bright year but dim future based on current recruiting and losses to the 2019 NFL draft.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So if we win 10, does the recruiting go up?
It can only help, but unless we have a long list of secret recruits who plan to flip to us late, it seems like our ceiling is still maybe top 15 which isn't going to get the job done.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It can only help, but unless we have a long list of secret recruits who plan to flip to us late, it seems like our ceiling is still maybe top 15 which isn't going to get the job done.

Give it time "Grasshopper" (Hint: 1972-75)

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Then don't take me serious. Heck, on other sites they about ran me off.

But Fact:
  • As OC at UF we won 2 NC
  • When he left...WHAT?
  • He's won at MSU...Who's ever don that?

I wanted Frost also but that was never going to happen.

Mullen knew UF and wants to be here
Mullen is bringing the Nation back together except a few like you
Mullen knows the SEC
Mullen has landed several OUTSTANDING transfers

Cut the man some slack at least for a few seasons.

And if not Mullen, who? I hear Urban may be available.
Let's start with the 1st Fact, I'd like to point out that Mac won a title at Bama so that proves that winning a title as a OC does not make you a good HC. Mac won with Saban and Mullen won with Meyer. Both are top 5 coaches in the game.

Fact #2 as well is irrelevant because the year after he left the team went 13-1. It was after Tebow left that things went south. So how much was Mullen and not just how much talent was on the team.

Fact #3 To answer your question Jackie Sherrill. He went 10-2 in 99 so it's not like they've never had a winning season before. So what did Mullen really do? In 9 season he never won the west. He only beat 2 teams that had a winning record in the SEC. He lost to South Alabama in his 8th season. So please tell me what he really did? I'll tell you what he did, he averaged 7 wins but deal.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
He wants to be here because of 6 million dollars. He got a 1.5 million dollar raise by taking the job. If Texas, Nebraska or any other school that is better than MSU offered him that he'd be saying the same thing.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
He wants to be here because of 6 million dollars. He got a 1.5 million dollar raise by taking the job. If Texas, Nebraska or any other school that is better than MSU offered him that he'd be saying the same thing.
Then lets fire him now and go spend 80 mil and just get Saban, Belichick, or whatever coach is out there. Would 80 mil do it?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Then lets fire him now and go spend 80 mil and just get Saban, Belichick, or whatever coach is out there. Would 80 mil do it?
Sounds good to me. I wish we would go hard after guys like schools like Bama or A&M. If we would have done that then we would not have let Chip or Frost get away. Instead we pay an average coach 6 million year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator