Mullen's Monday Media Melee

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds good to me. I wish we would go hard after guys like schools like Bama or A&M. If we would have done that then we would not have let Chip or Frost get away. Instead we pay an average coach 6 million year.
We lowballed both. Then paid 36 mil for a guy with a losing conference record. :lmao2:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Ah, the discord in the nation is strong tonight! A few observations about the various points and counterpoints: The thing about DM "wanting" to be at UF takes on meaning only if "our top two choices" actually did tell us to F-off. IMHO, Frost was going to UN regardless of what he was or was not offered by UF. In light of the circumstances surrounding his hire, believing otherwise seems a little silly. Also, CK claimed that UF never made an offer (bad vibe on the great trek?) and the fact that his contract at UCLA was considerably less than DM received from UF seems to back that up.

Would either be better recruiters than DM? Maybe, but neither has exactly set the world on fire recruiting-wise, at least to this point. And if reports about his recruiting efforts, both now and in the past are true, CK would appear to be even lazier than McDoofus - at least in that particular area. And as far as I can see, the only TANGIBLE, CURRENT DEFICIENCY in DM's performance thus far is the less than glorious results obtained on the recruiting front. Feel free to hurl gales of derisive laughter my way, but I believe the recruiting will improve when we once again start fielding an actual FB team, as opposed to the pathetic wheeze of a team that has become the nauseating norm during the last eight years.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We may have dodged a bullet with wacko Kelly but I believe negotiations broke down when it came to facilities and autonomy. Whether it was the draw of Nebraska or Frost wanting to bring his entire staff we'll never know. And only time will tell if Frost is good coach. But, for the excitement factor alone, I bet both would have recruited better here than Mullinz.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Do people forget that Mullen’s recruited and got Tebow, Newton, Prescott, and now Fitzgerald??? I think Fitzgerald is a heck of a player, and we all wish he was on our team now...You need that staple recruit and then the flood gates open, and I believe he will get that IT guy either this year or next and everyone will be like, never had a doubt in my mind, what a great hire!!!

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
:lmao2: QBR and passing yards that equal or are worse than Franks, and he is not a freshman.

No thanks.

What a pile of shyt.
please do some research before spewing from the mouth, he only played in 9 games last year and surpassed franks in TD passes not to mention almost ran for 1000 yds. Which he did in 2016 and also threw
21TDs-11int as a SO. So yeah he is a better player than Franks. And if he was starting for us in 9 days, even you would actually to say something nice about him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He played in 9, Franks played in parts of 11. Yet there numbers are damn near identical. And Fitzgerald wasn't a freshman forced to play to early.

Fitzgerald is a steaming pile of shyt.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
And as far as I can see, the only TANGIBLE, CURRENT DEFICIENCY in DM's performance thus far is the less than glorious results obtained on the recruiting front.

Agree, but the deficiency is specifically YTD for the 2019 class. He did a great job in 2018 including the transfers. 2020 is off to a good start.

We won’t know how good this positive offseason has really been until October. If the O-line responds and the giraffe can run we’ll be ok.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Agree, but the deficiency is specifically YTD for the 2019 class. He did a great job in 2018 including the transfers. 2020 is off to a good start.

We won’t know how good this positive offseason has really been until October. If the O-line responds and the giraffe can run we’ll be ok.
I agree with your current YTD qualification. I also believe that a stronger than generally expected season may pull the '19 class up to the "quite good" range - especially if Taggart stumbles a bit. There is some cause for cautious optimism - stay tuned.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Watching Corral's films of weekly games, I thought I saw a real QB. He showed superior ability of contorting his body to square up his upper half and fire the pass on target. If he were a Gator practicing for us, bet we'd have some excited reports. As is, we don't.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Ah, the discord in the nation is strong tonight! A few observations about the various points and counterpoints: The thing about DM "wanting" to be at UF takes on meaning only if "our top two choices" actually did tell us to F-off. IMHO, Frost was going to UN regardless of what he was or was not offered by UF. In light of the circumstances surrounding his hire, believing otherwise seems a little silly. Also, CK claimed that UF never made an offer (bad vibe on the great trek?) and the fact that his contract at UCLA was considerably less than DM received from UF seems to back that up.

Would either be better recruiters than DM? Maybe, but neither has exactly set the world on fire recruiting-wise, at least to this point. And if reports about his recruiting efforts, both now and in the past are true, CK would appear to be even lazier than McDoofus - at least in that particular area. And as far as I can see, the only TANGIBLE, CURRENT DEFICIENCY in DM's performance thus far is the less than glorious results obtained on the recruiting front. Feel free to hurl gales of derisive laughter my way, but I believe the recruiting will improve when we once again start fielding an actual FB team, as opposed to the pathetic wheeze of a team that has become the nauseating norm during the last eight years.
Good post. I’d add that the only true recruiting data point we have is the 2018 class finish, everything else is indeterminate. At the moment, appears to be improving. Won’t know until the ink drinks in Dec/Feb.

Bayougator

Aug 17, 2018
We may have dodged a bullet with wacko Kelly but I believe negotiations broke down when it came to facilities and autonomy. Whether it was the draw of Nebraska or Frost wanting to bring his entire staff we'll never know. And only time will tell if Frost is good coach. But, for the excitement factor alone, I bet both would have recruited better here than Mullinz.
Not sure Kelly's name is doing much for UCLA right now. They are ranked 85th in recruiting. Kelly hates recruiting, he's said as much.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Not sure Kelly's name is doing much for UCLA right now. They are ranked 85th in recruiting. Kelly hates recruiting, he's said as much.

Kelly knew the struggles that would come here at Florida and wanted no part of it. Now I am glad. We have had enough of crap football to last a lifetime. I am pulling hard for Mullen.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Good post. I’d add that the only true recruiting data point we have is the 2018 class finish, everything else is indeterminate. At the moment, appears to be improving. Won’t know until the ink drinks in Dec/Feb.
Totally agree. The general bytching and "10 wins or else" stuff are premature, to say the least. Let things play out, if it all goes south then we can all go bat shyt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Watching Corral's films of weekly games, I thought I saw a real QB. He showed superior ability of contorting his body to square up his upper half and fire the pass on target. If he were a Gator practicing for us, bet we'd have some excited reports. As is, we don't.
You'd be excited about Corral running the option?

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Mullinz absolutely did the right thing here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If so, I want the donkey to negotiate my next contract.
pssssssssssht.... you want those clowns we have in the ADs office writing it. PDS said you can't even lower a coaches severance if he takes another job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.