Mullen's Monday Media Melee

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I hope Mullen is bringing more passion to this week's practices than he brought to that press conference.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
This is the first I've seen him kinda diss Urban.

Between his describing Urban as "freaking out" and his "head about to explode," and Urban's psychopathic phobia over eating while in Tally, those were some enlightening stories.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I hope Mullen is bringing more passion to this week's practices than he brought to that press conference.

Seems to be having a bad cold. We have seen it around a lot lately, and it is pretty bad. Would cut him some slack there. Pretty sure Mullen understands that this game can make or break his season on many fronts, including recruiting and type of Bowl game we get.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That solves the Joe Haden question. The defensive staff declined to offer him so he was recruited as a WR. So as @Swamp Donkey says, just move non productive WR to CB.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Well I think we all do but just to be fair it seemed he was not feeling well. Im not very passionate when I don't feel good. Hopefully he is better by Sat..

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Between his describing Urban as "freaking out" and his "head about to explode," and Urban's psychopathic phobia over eating while in Tally, those were some enlightening stories.
I’d liked to hear more about these stories

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Has it slipped by us that Mullen presided over a season of no injuries with no uncivil player incidences. Bravo.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That solves the Joe Haden question. The defensive staff declined to offer him so he was recruited as a WR.
Just trust the coaches.

I love when people say that. Obviously people who haven't spent much time around coaches.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Just trust the coaches.

I love when people say that. Obviously people who haven't spent much time around coaches.

I hate people who say the “trust the coach” bs. Those debates usually end with the person using the phrase being confronted with facts and them running with their tail between their legs OR doubling down in the stupidity with some basic out of context commentary. Example of #2, all those who defended Nuss with things like “we won the East twice”.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I hate people who say the “trust the coach” bs. Those debates usually end with the person using the phrase being confronted with facts and them running with their tail between their legs OR doubling down in the stupidity with some basic out of context commentary. Example of #2, all those who defended Nuss with things like “we won the East twice”.

There's nothing wrong with trusting a coach that has earned said trust. SOS obviously comes to mind. And if I were a Bama fan, Saban, enough said.

There is also nothing wrong with having a little faith in a new guy or giving them the benefit of the doubt.

What you don't do is use it to cover up facts, unpleasant facts. Which i believe is what you are really referring to.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
There's nothing wrong with trusting a coach that has earned said trust. SOS obviously comes to mind. And if I were a Bama fan, Saban, enough said.

There is also nothing wrong with having a little faith in a new guy or giving them the benefit of the doubt.

What you don't do is use it to cover up facts, unpleasant facts. Which i believe is what you are really referring to.

I agree. However, I’d say in my experience the “trust the coach” nonsense only (or at least 75+%) comes out after multiple showings of ineptitude and people questioning based on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator