BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's coming to DC!!!

Dan Mullen's spring speaking tour dates have been set

Dan Mullen Spring Speak Tour 2019

Saturday, February 16 - Washington D.C. - D.C. Gator Club
Wednesday, February 27 - Location To Be Determined - Palm Beach County Gator Club
Wednesday, March 13 - Tallahassee, Florida - Capital Area Gator Club
Wednesday, March 20 - Jacksonville, Florida - Jacksonville Gator Club
Tuesday, April 9 - Gainesville, Florida - Gainesville QB Club
Monday, April 22 - Lakeland, Florida - Polk County Gator Club
Tuesday, April 23 - Daytona Beach, Florida - Daytona Beach Gator Club
Wednesday, May 15 - Tampa, Florida - Tampa Gator Club
Thursday, May 16 - Orlando, Florida - Central Florida Gator Club
Thursday, May 23 - Gainesville, Florida - Fightin' Gator Touchdown Club

-----

I know, TMI - I'm having hernia surgery on the 6th...hopefully I'll be out of the bed by the 16th.....

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
He's coming to DC!!!

Dan Mullen's spring speaking tour dates have been set

Dan Mullen Spring Speak Tour 2019

Saturday, February 16 - Washington D.C. - D.C. Gator Club
Wednesday, February 27 - Location To Be Determined - Palm Beach County Gator Club
Wednesday, March 13 - Tallahassee, Florida - Capital Area Gator Club
Wednesday, March 20 - Jacksonville, Florida - Jacksonville Gator Club
Tuesday, April 9 - Gainesville, Florida - Gainesville QB Club
Monday, April 22 - Lakeland, Florida - Polk County Gator Club
Tuesday, April 23 - Daytona Beach, Florida - Daytona Beach Gator Club
Wednesday, May 15 - Tampa, Florida - Tampa Gator Club
Thursday, May 16 - Orlando, Florida - Central Florida Gator Club
Thursday, May 23 - Gainesville, Florida - Fightin' Gator Touchdown Club

-----

I know, TMI - I'm having hernia surgery on the 6th...hopefully I'll be out of the bed by the 16th.....

I need to figure out how to get into that May 16 meeting. I'm assuming you are talking February for yourself.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You'll be out of bed the first day, BMF, but it's gonna hurt like an SOB. You have no idea how much you use your stomach muscles. Going to the bathroom at night was a nightmare. You'll be back to normal by the fifth day.

Good luck.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
He needs to add Pensacola to get the far reaches of the Panhandle and to counter Alabama and Auburn in that part of the state. Also needs to go to Fort Myers and pull in Southwest Florida.

And hope things go well for you BMF.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Truth, I live in Arlington - a few miles away from Georgetown. They have a good law school....plus it's a fun town - if you're here for a few years (I've been here 9 of the last 11 years).

You'll be out of bed the first day, BMF, but it's gonna hurt like an SOB. You have no idea how much you use your stomach muscles. Going to the bathroom at night was a nightmare. You'll be back to normal by the fifth day.

Good luck.

Thanks 78. This is old hat to me! This is my 3rd! They have to fix the mesh from my first surgery in 1999 (bilateral). I have to get cut this time (vs. laparoscopic) due to scar tissue from the two previous surgeries. Doc said to expect an extra 7-10 day recovery time. I'm hoping I'm fine within a week. The last two I was running within a week (I run 30-50 miles per week). So, I really don't want to be laying around on my fat ass for 2+ weeks.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Truth, I live in Arlington - a few miles away from Georgetown. They have a good law school....plus it's a fun town - if you're here for a few years (I've been here 9 of the last 11 years).

Thanks 78. This is old hat to me! This is my 3rd! They have to fix the mesh from my first surgery in 1999 (bilateral). I have to get cut this time (vs. laparoscopic) due to scar tissue from the two previous surgeries. Doc said to expect an extra 7-10 day recovery time. I'm hoping I'm fine within a week. The last two I was running within a week (I run 30-50 miles per week). So, I really don't want to be laying around on my fat ass for 2+ weeks.

If you run 30-50 miles per week your ass shouldn't be that fat. :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I've had two, both cuts. The last one happened to be the same week I joined GSMB. My wife came running in the bedroom thinking I was in pain. I'd just read one of divits' posts and was rolling on the floor in laughter. Maybe not such a good thing right after hernia surgery.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Lived in Arlington for a bunch of years (just east of 7 corners). Loved all the trails and great restaurants - esp. Asian. And you couldn't beat the commute. Did get tired a few winters of shoveling snow tho.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Good luck with the surgery, will in my thoughts.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mullen speaks tomorrow night at the National Press Club next to the White House at 6pm.

I'm going to head down there w/ a buddy, but I didn't rsvp in time to get on the list. Hoping they let us in. The website says there's a $10 donation recommended. I'm curious who paid for the press club (the UAA is notoriously cheap).

They used to have a Christmas party at the national press club called "Yuletide Madness" and it was a blast. Whoever put it on quit doing it several years ago, but it's a really cool place for an event. Back in my single days it was a great time!!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Good luck with the surgery.

I lived in Dale City during a short stint at Quantico in the mid-80’s. I have to say I hated it. Weather seemed always gray. I did like some of the nightlife throughout that area.

Running 30-50 miles a week is getting after it. I still try to get in 3 miles a day but my pace is very slow at this point. I don’t even try to push it anymore. Just want to finish it. Into my 60’s now it’s all about just getting some work in and keeping my weight down. Looong history of heart disease in my family but so far the ticker is in good shape and passing all the tests.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
We had friends there, took a selfie with Dan and said it was a great experience, they loved him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.