Muschamp. Driskel. LEAVE

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
RebelGator;n76548 said:
What game did you watch, moron?
Driskel lost the game for us with an awful throw that not only gave the game to LSU, but injured his teammate by hanging him out to dry. Lets also not forget his awful fumble that directly led to another LSU TD. He was almost single handedly responsible for 14 LSU points. One dropped pass doesn't absolve him from those turnovers.

The secondary lets a receiver run free on a 4th and forevever and I am blaming Muschamp because he is supposed to be a defensive guru who takes pride in having a great defense, and I'm blaming Driskel for being an incompetent QB who has learned nothing in his 4 years here.

STFU

See Rebel? I can do that too. Except my version of your nonsense actually makes sense.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n77127 said:
I was there. The place was packed till the very bitter end.

Glad to hear it... It didn't look like people left, but I was responding to the post that was made.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
OllieGator;n77134 said:
Yep, just got back to Jax and no one went anywhere until after the ref given kick to LSU.

My question to everyone is....so Matt is hurt and all the OC and the head moron can think to do is to run Jeffie up the gut over and over and over? LSU had everyone on D on the line of scrimmage. They, along with the moron, don't respect our ability to pass. I almost fainted when JD actually hit a receiver in stride. Haven't seen that in?

I agree... I didn't understand this... why not roll out the pocket some. How about some pitches to get the ball outside. Shoot.. I'd even go for a flea flicker or half back pass. I bet one of those would have been wide open.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n78156 said:
I agree... I didn't understand this... why not roll out the pocket some. How about some pitches to get the ball outside. Shoot.. I'd even go for a flea flicker or half back pass. I bet one of those would have been wide open.

That would require some innovation and that's sadly lacking on our sideline.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can see Muschamp holding his presser now...

"I've decided to step down as head football coach of the University of Florida, and pull Jeff Driskel's scholarship. I saw a thread on an internet message board calling for this decision, so I figured it was the right thing to do."

:shake:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ATXGator;n78156 said:
why not roll out the pocket some. How about some pitches to get the ball outside
These were all things that we saw and heard about during spring and fall camp. We see none of it now. Again this is proof that Muschamp defaults to the same things that don't work with the same players that don't execute. As bad as Jeff has been in the pocket he has shown the ability to be more accurate on the run when throwing the ball since he arrived here. Yet we see less and less of it, and the one play where they tried he threw it to a converted TE when we should have had a pass catching TE, Goolsby, in the game. He doesn't know how to manage personnel what so ever.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n78176 said:
These were all things that we saw and heard about during spring and fall camp. We see none of it now. Again this is proof that Muschamp defaults to the same things that don't work with the same players that don't execute. As bad as Jeff has been in the pocket he has shown the ability to be more accurate on the run when throwing the ball since he arrived here. Yet we see less and less of it, and the one play where they tried he threw it to a converted TE when we should have had a pass catching TE, Goolsby, in the game. He doesn't know how to manage personnel what so ever.

Agreed. The single biggest weakness of this coaching staff, especially on offense, is player development and player management.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is something that I posted in another thread but it really to me is the root of the problem. Sorry for any redundancy but it hits it on the head with these two.

"Looking over all the threads after a long trip home I see all the frustration and share that with all my GC friends. But one thing that just sticks out to me and just the same ole Coachspeak from WM, "it's not all on JD". To some point I understand his support of his QB. I am not going to bash the kid personally and still think that he is trying hard to win. But it is what it is. He just will not be able to get it done consistently at UF. But after hearing that again after the game the other night it is just getting old. He may not make all the mistakes but his were costly and at the wrong time. So much as that it directly contributed to the loss IMO. 2 of the 3 turnovers directly turned into LSU points and the one being the game winning field goal. It's those that cut you like a knife. I can understand keeping the mental aspect of support on your team and players."

JD is not our best chance to win, at all. In the same token I see WM still in that mold of an underchieving DB at UGAly. He wanted to come to UF but could not. We all know how he played at GA. He has had some success with great HBC's but just seems he does not have the pedigree or the "it" factor to get to the next level. Not bashing, just calling it like I see it. I have tried to support them both but with like any team....When one member of the team can't get it done, you go to the next guy. This is what it should be for both.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gators79;n76606 said:
Originally posted by RebelGator View Post

What game did you watch, moron?
Driskel had the game won for us and another club-fingered receiver drops the ball.

The secondary lets a receiver run free on a 4th and forevever and you want to blame Driskel and Muschamp.

STFU.

JD fumbled and threw 2 INT
WTF Mrs. Driskel

STFU

Exactly. 2 of JD's Turnovers related to 10 points. He played great at times and terrible at times. The slant over the middle into double coverage was a bak move that laid his WR out to dry. Never with trying to control clock and work the sidelines do you make that throw. JD along with the blown 3 and 25 coverage were two backbreakers. The drop in the Endzone hurt too but it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.