Muschamp is new Auburn DC

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Gator Wray;n131888 said:
Why do you feel that Muschamp damaged the program? What do you base this on?

Have you been in a coma for the last 4 years? Carol, is that you?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Wray;n131888 said:
Why do you feel that Muschamp damaged the program? What do you base this on?

I think Muschamp's lack of success has certainly damaged the brand. His inability to recruit and develop offensive has certainly hurt. We haven't had a good OL since 2009 and while some of that is on Meyer, Muschamp never fixed the problem there and by year 4 it's on him not Meyer anymore.

I think Muschamp has done a good job bringing a level of overall respect back to the program from an off the field standpoint. Florida is not seen as a team of thugs who are getting arrested and running wild and I think that is a very good thing, but even myself who was a big Muschamp supporter and really wanted to see him succeed will say that he has done damage to the program.

I would argue that what Meyer did was worse, but many people and I see their point would point to the talent and on the field results. I just put a high value in off the field results and the character of the team. I look at this team as representing a University that partially represents me. When I apply for a job and people see UF on my resume... I don't want a football team full of thugs in their mind.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n131948 said:
So instead you'd rather have them think of a team of losers?

No, I just don't think it's an either, or. I'm not unhappy he's gone. He didn't get it done on the field for a lot of reasons but I'm not above giving the guy credit for what he did do well. It is what it is. Let's build on it and move on. He has.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n131673 said:
If Meyer had left the cupboard bare, we never would have sniffed 11 wins in 2012. It would have been a 5 to 7 win season.

Any CFB program Muschamp leaves is "left better off."

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer left us with 17~18 commits muschamp left us with 7.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n131017 said:
Total mess and it is ALL on foley. Muschumpers noticeably quiet except for the obvious ones...lol. Total loser coach and horrible hire by "the best in the biz".

T REX;n132125 said:
Dude, you're one whiny slit...you know that?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n131948 said:
So instead you'd rather have them think of a team of losers?

If you are asking me for the choice of a team of quality kids that lose or a team filled with thugs that win... I'll take the quality kids that lose. I'd prefer my University to have integrity.

Do I think those are the only options? No... I think you can win with quality kids and integrity and I think we can do that at UF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n132298 said:
If you are asking me for the choice of a team of quality kids that lose or a team filled with thugs that win... I'll take the quality kids that lose
That sounds really good. If only you actually believed it.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
ATXGator;n132298 said:
If you are asking me for the choice of a team of quality kids that lose or a team filled with thugs that win... I'll take the quality kids that lose. I'd prefer my University to have integrity.

Do I think those are the only options? No... I think you can win with quality kids and integrity and I think we can do that at UF.

Ox why did you leave out the real point he was making? I agree with him on this 100%.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n132336 said:
That sounds really good. If only you actually believed it.

If I didn't believe it I would be a Miami fan

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.