Muschamp orders $2,000 in pizzas, tips drivers $5; claims they were "lucky to get that"

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This might offend some of you here, because I think most of you are probably pizza delivery boys living in your parent's house, ... but ... is it really bad to not follow the 15-25% tipping scale you use in a regular restaurant? I mean ... really ... they are just bringing you pizzas, all at the same time, and not 'serving' you. I get it that $2K worth of pizza being delivered is worth more than $5 ... but there is no way I am going to give $300-500 tip. I would think $20 is enough, right?

You could always pick up the pizza yourself, you cheap bastard. On an order that big the pizza store should add gratuity for the driver(s) automatically.

I've never had to depend on tips for income, but I can empathize with those who do. I've always been a generous tipper and get great service at all my regular stomping grounds. Shocking, I know.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why didn't they have staff/interns go get the pizzas instead of having them delivered? Otherwise, a crisp hundo should have been built in for the two-cars and speedy delivery.

Unless they weren't wearing the company swag -- no hat, no tip. It is in the Constitution.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I've always been a generous tipper and get great service at all my regular stomping grounds. Shocking, I know.

I hear ya. I always leave a good tip and have even got so pissed off at other people running a server to death and leaving them a dollar that I put more money on the table.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You could always pick up the pizza yourself, you cheap bastard. On an order that big the pizza store should add gratuity for the driver(s) automatically.

I've never had to depend on tips for income, but I can empathize with those who do. I've always been a generous tipper and get great service at all my regular stomping grounds. Shocking, I know.

Nah ... Ill keep ordering delivery. And I will continue to tip how I have always tipped ... $5 for my order. They aren't around to make sure my drink is filled. They dont bring me my napkins. They dont wash my dishes. They just put a dang box in their car and drive it to my house along with 3-4 other orders of boxes on a looped route.

$2K worth of pizzas is probably about 200 boxes. That is about 4 trips to the car and back in the store to load for two people in two cars. That aint worth no $100 bones. If it makes you feel good to throw it their way then go ahead ... but I just dont think pizza delivery is on the same scale of tipping as servers in a restaurant. That is just silly.

In a restaurant, I will tip the crap out of a server unless they just truly sucked. I dont take a slow kitchen out on the server either. I generally will tip 25-30% in an establishment. But that just doesn't transfer to pizza delivery.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kudos to Ox for changing the thread title.

I like how the AD's office back-peddled like hell to smooth over this PR disaster....and they threw a "nutrition" staffer under the bus.
I see they’ve figured out Chimp isn’t worth a shyt as a football coach and have changed his title to nutrition staffer. Looking at his midline though I think he knows as much about nutrition as he does coaching winning football.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Maybe 20% is a bit much, but delivery has GOT to be punishment on that kid’s car. And if you’re making millions each year, pay the poor kid. It’s literally chump change.... see what I did there?
Well played sir, well played.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
i believe one was a pizza delivery girl
latest

I don't watch Star Wars. Who is Rey?

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I tend to tip 20% or more.

Even our pastor preaches to be generous.

With the money Chump makes that should be SOP.

Looks like Muschump Tips like he runs is Offense:burn:

The drivers should have known they were going to get hosed when they heard Muschamp’s tipping philosophy is to tip $1 for every offensive TD they score in a season. $5 is about right.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This might offend some of you here, because I think most of you are probably pizza delivery boys living in your parent's house, ... but ... is it really bad to not follow the 15-25% tipping scale you use in a regular restaurant? I mean ... really ... they are just bringing you pizzas, all at the same time, and not 'serving' you. I get it that $2K worth of pizza being delivered is worth more than $5 ... but there is no way I am going to give $300-500 tip. I would think $20 is enough, right?

Nah, you’ve got to give the two drivers at least $100 each. Trying to fit 50 pizzas into your car per driver is damn near impossible so my guess is 2-3 trips had to be made. Probably took an hour and a half of time for a delivery that size.

Personally, if I was the coach in that situation I would have given 20% and probably also driven to the store and dropped a couple hundred for the cooks to split, if for no other reason than goodwill...which a 4-8 per year coach really could use.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
:lol::lol: And some of you thought Matt Kuchar was a cheap fcvk...Muschamp makes Kuch look like Robin Hood. That Mexican caddie should stop bytching after reading this story. :giggle:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

And we have another customer for the “special toppings” list.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Since when has pizza been so much about dough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.