Muschamp's future at SC, brutal 2019 schedule

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If we've learned anything from Mullen's first year, it's that there is a lot of truth in the saying "no one could win there".

Sure, he's a below average P5 coach, but it's a mediocre program with a terrible recruiting base and an impossible schedule. He's about as good as they should expect.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lost 10 in a row against ranked teams? I'm trying to figure out what USC thinks they have in Will Muschamp. He isn't even worth half of what they are paying him. The guy is a DC, not a head coach.

He WAS a DC. Now, he’s a punching bag.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Who’s next after Chump? Do they hire another aging coach like Granny Clampett and SOS, another failed coach like Chump or do they say the hell with appearances and gamble on someone like Freeze?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll book it. But, 50 years from now, if it turns out that you're wrong...well...I'll just let this thread be and pretend this conversation never happened.
Or else.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Who’s next after Chump? Do they hire another aging coach like Granny Clampett and SOS, another failed coach like Chump or do they say the hell with appearances and gamble on someone like Freeze?

Bert?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree he's pretty much as good as they can get. They are a perpetually 5 to 9 win team, that's just the way it is.

Didn't Spurrier coach there?

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Swamp Donkey ... how do I always seem to end up in a discussion that puts me in a defense of chump role? I swear ... I was never a fan of him at any time. But somehow, even though I call him chump in this thread, I am defending him. What I am really doing is talking down USC, not talking up chump.

Donk don't care what you say............After all, you are just renting space in his world.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Spurrier coach there?
Yes, dork. In case you didn't notice, he left years ago. That was their last hurrah.

The worst part is those jackass fans actually have the nerve to bash Spurrier today.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, dork. In case you didn't notice, he left years ago. That was their last hurrah.

The worst part is those jackass fans actually have the nerve to bash Spurrier today.

agree but there are plenty of young, upwardly mobile coaches, they might get lucky.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
agree but there are plenty of young, upwardly mobile coaches, they might get lucky.

They better seriously hope that Pruitt—5th grade education and all—isn’t successful at ut. Because with us and uga where we are, any decent improvement from the vols is going to make the East a pretty unattractive place for a known 2nd-tier program, and by extension, any up and coming coach wanting to make a name for himself.

Add A&M on an annual basis and that job would be bottom 4 in the conference.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They better seriously hope that Pruitt—5th grade education and all—isn’t successful at ut. Because with us and uga where we are, any decent improvement from the vols is going to make the East a pretty unattractive place for a known 2nd-tier program, and by extension, any up and coming coach wanting to make a name for himself.

Add A&M on an annual basis and that job would be bottom 4 in the conference.
Probably the worst job in the SEC east at least. Probably worst job in SEC.

At least at Vandy you get to own your in-state rival.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
To state the obvious, but to just state it --- the worse your team the more brutal your schedule. South Carolina and Vanderbilt always play brutal schedules.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I had some Carolina fan tell me on Twitter that a recruit should choose them over UF. I said that a recruit would see the schedule and realize Muschamp would be gone by next year. He got mad, but couldn’t find 6 wins. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator