Music On Your Mind v.2

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I enjoyed that. First time I’ve seen someone play a cello (?) like a guitar. Dead South brings to mind Ry Cooder, maybe in appearance and simplicity as much as in their sound.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Really enjoyed this! Harmony was very good and the instrumental combo had nice ring to it. I’ll be looking for more from them. Thanks for sharing these two groups.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is my favorite by them-I think you may have posted this before Diddy

Yessir Coot, that was a good song telling a story of the past and present. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed hearing the mandolin among the strings and the contrast between the young lady’s soft voice and that of the man worked for my old tin ears. I remember now that @Gatordiddy had previously posted some of their work and I’m glad @NVGator brought them up again. I did a little looking and see that they are playing in Tennessee on June 5 and 6 in Pelham, just above the GA/AL line. We are contemplating a family trip to see them, as they are playing at an outdoor amphitheater, place called the Caverns. We haven’t been anywhere in a spell and this would be a chance to enjoy some good music while doing the family thing.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Steeldrivers also have a date- Chris Stapleton was a member of that band at one time

here's a snappy little tune

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I just ran across this ~ Some of my favorites doing an Austin City Limits tribute to Townes Van Zandt after his death in 1997
Guy Clark, Emmy Lou Harris, Lyle Lovett, etc, etc. Steve Earle sings Fort Worth Blues that is worth the watch whatever you may think of Steve Earle who is a self-proclaimed borderline marxist

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb