Music On Your Mind v.2

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The Band is one of the 5 best bands EVER. Their discography is second to none. Levon Helm and Robbie Robertson rival Lennon and McCartney for writing and composition. You have to listen to their entire body of work in order to appreciate how great they were.

If you haven't seen it, watch Martin Scorsese's movie 'The Last Waltz'

The interviews in the movie are gold - yet haunting. Robbie Robertson explained the reason for “the last waltz” being the toll the road takes on them. Danko was only 57 when he died, Manuel committed suicide at 42.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The interviews in the movie are gold - yet haunting. Robbie Robertson explained the reason for “the last waltz” being the toll the road takes on them. Danko was only 57 when he died, Manuel committed suicide at 42.

Sad. Very, very sad. There are a lot of lessons to be learned in that school. Idealism and reality are often a petri dish for disillusionment, despair and hopelessness. God's mercy and grace through Jesus rescued me from a similar tragic end.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Sad. Very, very sad. There are a lot of lessons to be learned in that school. Idealism and reality are often a petri dish for disillusionment, despair and hopelessness. God's mercy and grace through Jesus rescued me from a similar tragic end.

Thanks for sharing that. I’m glad you found him! Meaning, direction, purpose and hope are vital blessings that grow out of knowing him.

It’s a caution to recognize the trappings of success. Money, fame, the opportunity to do whatever or you want, a performer’s need to get up for a show then come down. There’s a lot of fine print a lot of them miss at the outset, and some really suffer.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
damn-will-smith.gif

saw them in Orlando in '81 - Tattoo You tour with Van Halen and the Henry Paul Band.

Our oldest son went to preschool with Henry Paul Jr. in Temple Terrace. When I noticed his name on some class list I asked my son if he’d seen Henry’s daddy. “Yes. He played his guitar for us.” I saw him at their “graduation” ceremony but didn’t bother him.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
On that note, in honor of Watts here is a clip from pretty far back. It's main focus is Clapton but there is a slew of artists in here with Watts being one of the drummers in the band.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Our oldest son went to preschool with Henry Paul Jr. in Temple Terrace. When I noticed his name on some class list I asked my son if he’d seen Henry’s daddy. “Yes. He played his guitar for us.” I saw him at their “graduation” ceremony but didn’t bother him.

He later fronted Blackhawk - they came out with some quality country music.
One of my favorites here (written by Phil Vassar)

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
RUSH - Cinema Strangiato (Director's Cut) was in theaters tonight, one night only. It was awesome.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
^ I heard the Bellamy Bros have a weed farm near Dade City.

I saw a few good artists Sunday, including Steve Arvey, well known cigar box guitar player and blues singer.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
^ I heard the Bellamy Bros have a weed farm near Dade City.

I think a lot of celebrities are investing in weed farms and the Bellamy brothers being from Brooksville, make Dade City a handy spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.