Music On Your Mind v.2

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
A very special one if you are a guitar fan. First--Jeff Beck, who IMO is THE best guitarist....talent wise...ever. Period. He is "one of one" Secondly we have Clapton who, even though my favorite artist period, and obviously gifted--is still not as uniquely talented as Beck. Jeff Beck is, as someone in here described "a guitarist's guitarist". Lastly--Doyle Bramhall, who is an oddity as a guitarist. Plays a right handed Strat...left handed. Or better put, upside down. To top it off, the strings are strung for right handed playing--meaning they too are upside down! Heavy strings on bottom, light strings on top--totally cockeyed for nearly every other guitar player on earth. How he gets his brain to recognize how to play that way is beyond my.

This one is also unique--Beck doing Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and making his guitar basically vocalize. No one can or could do it like Beck does.

These 2 videos have a little age on them but from everything I can tell, he is still as good as ever and now he is 78 years old. 20, 30, 40 year olds have never been able to copy him even remotely closely.....and still can't at his older age now. He is in rare air with his talents.

Last edited:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021

R.I.P. Dan McCafferty, lead singer of Nazareth. I remember seeing them in Daytona, Peabody Auditorium. My friends in STRANGER opened up. After the show we all went to PJ's and they jammed until 3am closing time. Dan wailed some blues rock vocals like I'd never heard. What a night that was.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
R.I.P. Jeff Cook

Alabama was the first real concert I took my daughter to. It was her 9th bday, Feb. 1999.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
None of the live versions of this on YouTube are good with regards to sound, so the studio version will suffice until I find a good live version. Never heard of this guy until yesterday, but interesting sound.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I have always enjoyed her vocal on this track...

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I can see this as the most appropriate song for her funeral--one of her truly signature songs. Her talents really shine in this. Only problem being a funeral song for her, is that no one else could do it real justice as she did.

Songbird

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb