Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Ray Wylie Hubbard ~
Tell The Devil I'm Gettin' There as Fast As I Can

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Speaking of strong mullets.....

Here's an old one with David Gilmour of Pink Floyd playing with Kate Bush, and note the bass player's mullet. Tony Franklin is considered a fretless bass virtuoso but almost should be more respected for a killer mullet.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This popped up on Spotify during a search and is on many of my playlists and (happily) on my mind a lot lately.

As I recall, Clapton played the lead on the studio track, which he reproduces here exquisitely. His vocals are superb as well. I like his voice on this better than George’s.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

Lewis and Clark

When the Australian guitarist, Tommy Emmanuel, wrote this music he said, "I knew it had to be simple and I knew it had to speak to the great unknown."

Last edited:

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

Lewis and Clark

When the Australian guitarist, Tommy Emmanuel, wrote this music he said, "I knew it had to be simple and I knew it had to speak to the great unknown."

So many folks have never heard of Emmanuel but for those of us who have, all one can do is watch/listen in awe. He is without question one of the best guitarists to ever live.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

Yep, I knew the Lewis and Clark with Sacagawea statue was taken down yesterday so I was searching for a song about Lewis and Clark to post in the "Politically incorrect songs" thread in the Political Forum. I came across this piece which was so good and so moving that I wanted to put it here instead of in a thread more fitting for a song like "Standing on the Corner Watching All the Girls Go By".

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Robby Steinhardt passed away last week. He was a founding member of Kansas. played violin. I met him a few years ago, he was a good guy. Lived in the Tampa area. Played a lot of gigs with Stormbringer.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Robby Steinhardt passed away last week. He was a founding member of Kansas. played violin. I met him a few years ago, he was a good guy. Lived in the Tampa area. Played a lot of gigs with Stormbringer.

same here... met him in the Delta lounge at TIA. Nice guy...
RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator