Music on your mind

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
it was a great show... especially with the opening act, some dude from England named Elton John. Not sure whatever became of him.
You got me interested so I did a little digging. This one song was Elton's that they both played that night. Some of this video comes from that very show you were at. It was a 2-night gig so this could be from either one

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If that's the show you were at, you saw one of his better lineups. They've pretty much all been great, but your show had most of his best cast with him--back up vocalist Katie Kissoon was unreal during her time. She does the most outstanding back up on Wonderful Tonight from his "24 Nights" CD version you have ever heard. Not on the DVD, but the CD version. Kinda odd but that's they way they did it.

Chuck Leavell on keyboards--surprised to see him in there, but he was one of the very best out thChuck Leavell - Homeere. Played with Allman Brothers for awhile, then did his own thing with a group called Sea Level....kinda short lived group. I was really following him years ago with ABB and Sea Level, and never knew he toured with Clapton. At any rate that was an exceptional lineup you got to see that night. And quite sure EC was playing very well.;)
Beat me to the punch on Leavell-He's also referred to as the 6th Rolling Stone.
Chuck Leavell - Home By the way he has some videos on this home page, the bottom right is the ABB, recorded 9 days before Berry Oakley died in a motorcycle crash.
Ray Cooper has played with virtually everybody that's anybody on the planet.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but this is probably the best version.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Two masters at work in 2004-Clapton & Santana

Turn this one up a bit. They get to cooking.;)

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
This one goes waaaayyyyyy back yonder.

Ha! Humble Pie was one of my go-to records in the early '70's. Mountain, Foghat, Johnny & Edgar Winter, Blue Oyster Cult, etc etc...of course Santana.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Ha! Humble Pie was one of my go-to records in the early '70's. Mountain, Foghat, Johnny & Edgar Winter, Blue Oyster Cult, etc etc...of course Santana.

I saw every one of those groups in concert back during those days. Some multiple times...Santana in particular. Johnny Winter was at the time, the fastest guitar player I saw in person. Not saying he was one of the best, but man he was fast...at least in the concert where I saw him. They were with an all black group of older men called The Harmonicats, and the 4 or 5 of them(don't remember exactly how many were in the group) all played harmonicas. Nothing else. No drums....no bass...no anything but harmonicas. And they tore the house down. I would love to find a video of them but haven't had any luck yet.

Anyway, you mentioned Johnny Winter. This was one of his classics even though it was a cover of the Stones. 1:30 min mark they begin to pick up the pace.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
And another oldie for wrp.....us old farts remember this one.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
And another oldie for wrp.....us old farts remember this one.

Remember King Crimson?
maxresdefault.jpg

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Remember King Crimson?
maxresdefault.jpg

Remember them well. I used to listen to a radio station out of Little Rock, AR which was a 50K watt clear channel station which could be heard nearly all over the country at night. The station...KAAY ....had a 3-hour show on at 11 pm each night that focused on obscure, "underground" music. All these groups were the kind of music they played--nothing was mainstream at all. I was exposed to a lot of music because of that show which was called Beaker Street. Didn't get much sleep during those years in high school--was listening to music from 11pm-2am every night through a pillow speak.

Ahhhh....good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb