Music on your mind

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe they've been mentioned, and I missed it, but I recently found (and fell in love with) a band from Alabama. This rolls off my lips like I'm in an AA session, group circle.

Anyway, ck out the band known as "St. Paul & The Broken Bones":
Call Me

Grass is Greener

I'll Be Your Woman

Holy Fuchs, forget the monkey dancing, brother can sing. For real.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Ran across Gillan Welch and Dave Rawlings doing this Zeppelin tune...

Recognize the guy on the mandolin?

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Great intro. Nathan East has always got a great smile, he's one of the best bass players around.
You are so right....on both counts. He is rarely mentioned by many when the talk of "best bass players" come up, yet he is highly respected by those 'in the know'. IMO, he's the best player Clapton has ever used across the years.

Secondly--I don't think I have ever seen a photo of Nathan without a smile. Ever. And he seems to always be having fun on stage. It's not a put-on with him. He simply loves what he does, and he does it very, very well.

On a last note--the drummer Steve Gadd is my favorite drummer EC uses. He's right on up there wit EC in age too---75 years old and still banging on drums. Hard to grasp for me.

And one last-last note....my favorite guitarist that EC has ever used to compliment him is Andy Fairweather Low. He always was a perfect fit. Better IMO than that guy who plays a guitar left handed on a right handed guitar, with strings upside down no less....Doyle Bramhall. Impressive feat no doubt and really quirky for sure, and while he's definitely good--he's simply not AFL.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Love Prine. He is so obscure it's a shame. So many people have never heard of him, although I've been listening to him since back in the 70's. Tragic we lost him earlier this year.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Jerry Douglas I think. Considered one of, if not the best dobro player ever. Has played with a load of folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator