Music on your mind

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

Rhonda Vincent the Queen of Bluegrass

I saw her live last summer at Rockygrass....she was en fuego, and the band she has is phenomenal.
Her brother Darren is half of Dailey and Vincent (the guy on the left):

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Rhonda Vincent the Queen of Bluegrass

Rhonda is something special, for sure.

I'm a big fan of bluegrass (BG) and really enjoy listening to it.

I'm also a fan of Alison Krauss (traditional bluegrass) and Martina McBride (not bluegrass). While not in the vein of BG these are representative of their talent:

But I'm highly surprised nobody has yet to bring up the Kentuckian Sturgill Simpson.

He's put out 4 albums:
1) High Top Mountain
2) Metamodern Sounds In Country Music
3) A Sailor's Guide To Earth
4) Sound & Fury

...all have been different and unique while he garnered album OTY and artist OTY from his psychedelic 3rd album. Instead of resting on his laurels he came out with "a sleazy, steamy rock-and-roll record" for his 4th that is matched to his anime film on Netflix of the same name.

Because you can't put a square peg in a round hole, Sturgill continually morphs and has done so again with his return to his roots...bluegrass:

#Gator Bait

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Rhonda is something special, for sure.

I'm a big fan of bluegrass (BG) and really enjoy listening to it.

I'm also a fan of Alison Krauss (traditional bluegrass) and Martina McBride (not bluegrass). While not in the vein of BG these are representative of their talent:

But I'm highly surprised nobody has yet to bring up the Kentuckian Sturgill Simpson.

He's put out 4 albums:
1) High Top Mountain
2) Metamodern Sounds In Country Music
3) A Sailor's Guide To Earth
4) Sound & Fury

...all have been different and unique while he garnered album OTY and artist OTY from his psychedelic 3rd album. Instead of resting on his laurels he came out with "a sleazy, steamy rock-and-roll record" for his 4th that is matched to his anime film on Netflix of the same name.

Because you can't put a square peg in a round hole, Sturgill continually morphs and has done so again with his return to his roots...bluegrass:

#Gator Bait

Auggie and I just became best friends

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Maybe they've been mentioned, and I missed it, but I recently found (and fell in love with) a band from Alabama. This rolls off my lips like I'm in an AA session, group circle.

Anyway, ck out the band known as "St. Paul & The Broken Bones":
Call Me

Grass is Greener

I'll Be Your Woman

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As always... it’s about the ending.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
That Clapton vid got me in the right mood. He's been at the top of my list of favorites going back to the early 70's. Even in the Cream days.

One of his very best here.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
And from that same concert series, Clapton and the late great Billy Preston doing one of Preston's biggest.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

Amazing talent on this stage.

Concert for George was absolutely incredible. And you are so right--amazing talent on that stage all night. Not just a few great ones...that place was loaded with the cream of the crop.

Seeing Jeff Lynne got me think back to one of his great performances...

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I had grown up listening to Cream and Clapton and I knew he was a good guitarist, but I didn't really know just HOW good he is until I saw him live in concert... wow.

What a show:

https://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton-tour/21/08/1992
If that's the show you were at, you saw one of his better lineups. They've pretty much all been great, but your show had most of his best cast with him--back up vocalist Katie Kissoon was unreal during her time. She does the most outstanding back up on Wonderful Tonight from his "24 Nights" CD version you have ever heard. Not on the DVD, but the CD version. Kinda odd but that's they way they did it.

Chuck Leavell on keyboards--surprised to see him in there, but he was one of the very best out there. Played with Allman Brothers for awhile, then did his own thing with a group called Sea Level....kinda short lived group. I was really following him years ago with ABB and Sea Level, and never knew he toured with Clapton. At any rate that was an exceptional lineup you got to see that night. And quite sure EC was playing very well.;)

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
If that's the show you were at, you saw one of his better lineups. They've pretty much all be great, but your show had most of his best cast with him--back up vocalist Katie Kissoon was unreal during her time. She does the most outstanding back up on Wonderful Tonight from his "24 Nights" CD version you have ever heard. Not on the DVD, but the CD version. Kinda odd but that's they way they did it.

Chuck Leavell on keyboards--surprised to see him in there, but he was one of the very best out there. Played with Allman Brothers for awhile, then did his own thing with a group called Sea Level....kinda short lived group. I was really following him years ago with ABB and Sea Level, and never knew he toured with Clapton. At any rate that was an exceptional lineup you got to see that night. And quite sure EC was playing very well.;)

it was a great show... especially with the opening act, some dude from England named Elton John. Not sure whatever became of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.