MUST READ: Anonymous players on end of Butters era

Would firing Mac "for cause" (no buyout) have hurt the hiring of future coaching prospects?

• Yes

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 84.6%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ButtersMcNussbutt would call a 7 yard crossing route on 3rd and 15, and Grier would audible to the oop-de-oop to Billy Bob.
Ole Butters can take a lot of things. He can take the sacks, the interceptions, and the punts... but he won't tolerate touchdowns.

A man has to draw the line somewhere.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Will Greir didn't leave he wouldn't be an NFL prospect, and that would be due to the offensive line and offense that Butters/Nuss were running. Honestly, if he didn't get busted for PED's, I don't know if he survives the season (2015) upright, behind that offensive line.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Will Greir didn't leave he wouldn't be an NFL prospect, and that would be due to the offensive line and offense that Butters/Nuss were running. Honestly, if he didn't get busted for PED's, I don't know if he survives the season (2015) upright, behind that offensive line.
There's absolutely no question that Butters' incompetence and infatuation with LDR was the best thing that ever happened to Will Grier.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Butters was a limp wristed fck tard with a bleeding slit where a dck should have been. The man sits to pee and grabs his ankles to fck. He can eat an entire potato sack full of dcks.

:lol:

The sounds of your piss hitting the urinal... sounds feminine.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm pretty sure that's Ivie doing the talking, but I obviously could be wrong.

Ivie graduated last year (after the 16 season)....so he wouldn't have been quoted in this year's story. It could have been Bryan?

This whole thing is pathetic.....and it all goes back to Foley and the UAA (and the contract extensions and raises).

We have FSU football players calling our dorms "HUD housing". WTF????

I'm curious why guys like Shannon - who came from Miami, and Rumph - who coached at Alabama & Texas, didn't step in with the S&C program. You would think they'd take notice of the softness around the program.

If it was just one or two things, I could see it slipping through the cracks. But this was a top-to-bottom failure. Again, it goes back to Foley and his staff. WTF are they doing over there besides raising ticket prices and giving out contract extensions?

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Read this today as a free read...for what is worth it confirms many of our endless conversations and debunk some of the rants I’ve heard

https://insidethegators.com/s/203/anonymous-player-parting-thoughts-iv---the-end-of-the-mcelwain-era

I read the whole series. What a disgrace. There should be clauses in coaching contracts that prevent the windfall Mac got. There should also be more contact from the AD knowing what is going on with his programs. If these players were willing to talk to the press they should feel that the AD cares enough to listen to them and keep their identities private while they investigate.

It does seem like there is a positive vibe among the players for Mullen. For anyone that did not think facilities are hurting us, I think there was plenty of evidence here that it being used against us on the trail.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I read the whole series. What a disgrace. There should be clauses in coaching contracts that prevent the windfall Mac got.
There ARE clauses. If you don't live up to your end of the contract, you don't get a buyout - period. The proper thing to do is fire them "for cause", and if they want to sue to get their buyout, have at it. It's what Lane Kiffin did when Al Davis fired him for cause....and Kiffin lost.

Why Stricklin agreed to a partial buyout with Mac, in my opinion, was to keep from having the incompetence of the AD's come to the forefront in a lawsuit. Although part of me wonders if Mac would have sued, as he knew damn well he wasn't doing his job and would have wanted to avoid the embarrassment. He's too sensitive to handle criticism.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
“You probably would think that, but the division was more between the players coach Muschamp recruited and the players MAC brought in. I don't know, I've never been on a team with a coaching change, so I don't know if it is natural or how it usually goes, but MAC, I don't want to say he liked his players more, but he wanted them to do better. He wanted them to be the stars. He wanted to push coach Muschamp's players to the back, but some of them were so talented he didn't have a choice.

“He tried that with Duke Dawson. The other defensive backs who were already there, they were more established, so he couldn't do anything about that, but you could tell they were trying to push [Chris] Williamson, one of MAC's guys over Dawson, who was one of coach Muschamp's guys. MAC talked about everyone was starting out even, everyone was starting over and he was going to build a a great staff and it was nothing but good days ahead and then he brought in that young secondary coach [Kirk Callahan], and that kind of blew up. The older players knew more about playing the position than he did and then he started having favorites and that caused a whole thing. At one time about half the players in the secondary were ready to transfer if MAC didn't do something so he got rid of him [Callahan].”[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! Wow!! Trying to start bum ass Chris Williamson over Duke Dawson? Should have been fired right there. Talk about having a low football IQ.

You could see that Mac wanted his guys, he basically got rid of every Muschamp offensive player. If he did the same on defense Mac probably gets fired year 2 after we go 2-10.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I found the comment about Trask being talked up as the starter as interesting. I hope someone takes Donkey's shoelaces if he leads us to glory.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Why Stricklin agreed to a partial buyout with Mac, in my opinion, was to keep from having the incompetence of the AD's come to the forefront in a lawsuit.

I had not thought of this, but that's an extremely good point. It is clear that it was a dumpster fire whose stench should have been noticed by the AD's office but wasn't - instead we were handing out raises.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I had not thought of this, but that's an extremely good point. It is clear that it was a dumpster fire whose stench should have been noticed by the AD's office but wasn't - instead we were handing out raises.
Exactly. Mac could have easily posted a defense that, "Hey, if I was so bad, why was I given a raise and an extension?"

Ultimately, the AD's are to blame in this mess, not Mac.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I found the comment about Trask being talked up as the starter as interesting. I hope someone takes Donkey's shoelaces if he leads us to glory.
Lol... Fred Johnson is going to be standing beside Trash at the end of the bench

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ivie graduated last year (after the 16 season)....so he wouldn't have been quoted in this year's story. It could have been Bryan?

This whole thing is pathetic.....and it all goes back to Foley and the UAA (and the contract extensions and raises).

We have FSU football players calling our dorms "HUD housing". WTF????

I'm curious why guys like Shannon - who came from Miami, and Rumph - who coached at Alabama & Texas, didn't step in with the S&C program. You would think they'd take notice of the softness around the program.

If it was just one or two things, I could see it slipping through the cracks. But this was a top-to-bottom failure. Again, it goes back to Foley and his staff. WTF are they doing over there besides raising ticket prices and giving out contract extensions?
Why would it be necessary for the player to be around in 2017 to be the source or these quotes? Ivie knew enough and he had two years under his belt with Muschamp. The comments here seemed to come from someone just as rooted with Muschamp as Mac.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why would it be necessary for the player to be around in 2017 to be the source or these quotes? Ivie knew enough and he had two years under his belt with Muschamp. The comments here seemed to come from someone just as rooted with Muschamp as Mac.

This is a guess maybe because they also dealt with Shannon as the HC for a short period of time, which is the Shannon is always Shannon comment.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is a guess maybe because they also dealt with Shannon as the HC for a short period of time, which is the Shannon is always Shannon comment.
I didn't get that far.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

The site clearly stated, "Each year we interview an anonymous departing player...(from the last year's team)". Unless this is 2 years old, which it isn't. Also, Ivie wasn't in the locker room getting ready to play (when he discusses Butters behavior before the 2017 game). So, not sure how it could be Ivie.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
The site clearly stated, "Each year we interview an anonymous departing player...(from the last year's team)". Unless this is 2 years old, which it isn't. Also, Ivie wasn't in the locker room getting ready to play (when he discusses Butters behavior before the 2017 game). So, not sure how it could be Ivie.

I'm pretty sure the poster meant Ivey. He isn't a departing player though so I wouldn't say he is the "anonymous" player. If this article is true I'm going with Taven Bryan since he has been outspoken before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator