My favorite Gator advertisement

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Ok, so not an advertisement, but when I moved to Gainesville in August 2015 I ran into this shirt at the Gatormania T-shirt stand in the mall. The rest of the shirt says, “I’m a big Gator”. By far one of the biggest wtf shirts I’ve seen, figured it was worth uploading from my phone to this thread. IMG_1413.JPG

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

This commercial was a game changer... it was the first time one of these college adds didn’t look like it was done by a high school video/year book staff with the obligatory “students with a bubbling beaker in a science lab” type scenes. It is still superior to anything to this day.

I have been “Go Gators’d” on four continents and I don’t know how many countries. I got a “Go Gators’s” in a secure facility inside a secure compound on Bagram once that resulted in 5 Gators being identified in one room, one of whom was a classmate I hadn’t seen since 1993.

Just hands down a unique and awesome commercial.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Ok, so not an advertisement, but when I moved to Gainesville in August 2015 I ran into this shirt at the Gatormania T-shirt stand in the mall. The rest of the shirt says, “I’m a big Gator”. By far one of the biggest wtf shirts I’ve seen, figured it was worth uploading from my phone to this thread.
Biden Gator!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Go cure cancer. Yep. Definitely the best. Now if they just had a Vol saying go cure gum disease.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Go cure cancer. Yep. Definitely the best. Now if they just had a Vol saying go cure gum disease.

We know how to cure gum disease, Cancer not so much. I doubt that anything other than nanobot technology would cure or prevent every form of Cancer ever. The best we have today is a "cure" that means no recurrence before X years.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This one, however indirect it is.

I met Dr.Cade...Inventor of Gator Aid (at UF) and Charlie Casey (TE) who lived next door to a friend of mine when I was in HS.

When they were developing it (Gator Aid) Dr. Cade made the players wear rubber suits. They would scrape the residue off each suit into beakers where it was later analyzed. One of the hardest challenges was flavoring. Charlie Casey said before it was flavored like it is now, the players called it "Gator Piss" and Coach Graves MADE them drink it.

Dr. Cade sued and was awarded royalties years later.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
In 81 there was a T- shirt that had Albert taking a snap from a Seminole Squaw and the shirt read, “Gators are UP and COMING in 81”

And in Poultry Science...We had ...UF Poultry Science...We choke our own chickens!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

Tim Tebow pumps up the GameDay crew before a basketball game. OK so more of a promotional spot than a Gator advertisement, but it's still funny watching their reaction. Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.