My new YouTube restoration channel

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
While watching this video I couldn't help but think of the rolling hills of orange trees that stretched from Alachua county all the way to south Florida back when that juicer was made. Sadly most are all gone. Wiped out by citrus greening.
I was wondering why you didn't powder coat it, like a lot of you other projects?
Because for the color I wanted I couldn’t find an appropriate powder.

gatorman

Lifetime Member
Mar 1, 2016
You mentioned the future owner wanted the bezel a certain color. Does this mean you have a buyer in mind prior to purchasing these projects? I can’t image the amount of patience it must have taken to complete this project. Great job as usual....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You mentioned the future owner wanted the bezel a certain color. Does this mean you have a buyer in mind prior to purchasing these projects? I can’t image the amount of patience it must have taken to complete this project. Great job as usual....
The "buyer" is my wife, who fell in love with it the moment she saw it and wants to display it permanently.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This has been unreal. That last video has gotten me 600 subscribers and has 35,000 views in 3 days.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This has been unreal. That last video has gotten me 600 subscribers and has 35,000 views in 3 days.

How do you think? Did someone post in a restoration forum or something?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How much money does 36k views make?
It would probably make between 50 and 100 bucks at that point.....if I had been eligible.

However, I was approved for the ad program on Saturday, and I have officially been making daily revenue on YouTube.

Between us girls, this has the potential to make me far more money than Gatorchatter ever will. Potentially quit-my-job type money, and I'm being sincere. Needless to say, I'm taking it quite seriously. I'd be a fool not to.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
It would probably make between 50 and 100 bucks at that point.....if I had been eligible.

However, I was approved for the ad program on Saturday, and I have officially been making daily revenue on YouTube.

Between us girls, this has the potential to make me far more money than Gatorchatter ever will. Potentially quit-my-job type money, and I'm being sincere. Needless to say, I'm taking it quite seriously. I'd be a fool not to.

Remember you must share the wealth. Bernie says. LOL

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

Thats very interesting. Good luck!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

I’ll subscribe to your channel and get back to you on the leveraging

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

If you're serious about this, a little piece of unsolicited advice. As hard as it is for most of us who post here, try to tone down the defensiveness/sarcasm of your responses to less-than-favorable reviews/comments. Most of your viewers are gracious with their words and critiques, but like anything else you have a few asshats as well. I would try to limit your responses to those comments with a simple thank you for watching and an acknowledgement of whatever advice (most of it BS I know) they offered and perhaps a short reason why you went the direction you did.

As an example:

Charles Gall said:
How come you didn't go with the stock "off white" color ?

Your response was, "Because it's ugly and boring?"

While I laughed at it because I know what to expect from you, the audience you're trying to reach on YouTube might not be as appreciative. Your goal should be to reel in as many viewers as you can and keep them; even the asshats.

I probably would have gone with a simple, "Hey Charles, thanks for watching! The buyer of this piece wanted the blue instead of the "off white" color. I like how it turned out."

Obviously you can handle your responses however you want, just wanted to give you some feedback. I've been linking your videos to people who are networked in the restoration community, so hopefully your subscription numbers and views will keep going up. Great job on your channel, Ox.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you're serious about this, a little piece of unsolicited advice. As hard as it is for most of us who post here, try to tone down the defensiveness/sarcasm of your responses to less-than-favorable reviews/comments. Most of your viewers are gracious with their words and critiques, but like anything else you have a few asshats as well. I would try to limit your responses to those comments with a simple thank you for watching and an acknowledgement of whatever advice (most of it BS I know) they offered and perhaps a short reason why you went the direction you did.

As an example:

Your response was, "Because it's ugly and boring?"

While I laughed at it because I know what to expect from you, the audience you're trying to reach on YouTube might not be as appreciative. Your goal should be to reel in as many viewers as you can and keep them; even the asshats.

I probably would have gone with a simple, "Hey Charles, thanks for watching! The buyer of this piece wanted the blue instead of the "off white" color. I like how it turned out."

Obviously you can handle your responses however you want, just wanted to give you some feedback. I've been linking your videos to people who are networked in the restoration community, so hopefully your subscription numbers and views will keep going up. Great job on your channel, Ox.
You have just inspired me to REALLY turn on the vitriol.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Always heed the advice regarding cultivating and maintaining relationships and friendships from a poster named "I have no friends." :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.