Name a good, recent, movie you seen.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
I can't stand Ben Affleck.

So now that that's out of the way, I watched Gone Girl last night because my 21 y.o. son's girlfriend brought it into the house and she was all like, "lookie what I've got. Can we watch this tonight? Pleeeeaaaaassse?"

So I read the back, (word to the wise, get out your reading glasses) and saw it has an "R" rating.

OK, you've now got my interest.

From the first scene to the last, I was like those sails that Ox can only dream of...HOOKED!!

And it was fantastic!!

I highly recommend it even if you hate Ben Affleck.

And PS, don't watch this in front of the kids as it does have some gore like Ben's penis.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n187836 said:
I can't stand Ben Affleck.

So now that that's out of the way, I watched Gone Girl last night because my 21 y.o. son's girlfriend brought it into the house and she was all like, "lookie what I've got. Can we watch this tonight? Pleeeeaaaaassse?"

So I read the back, (word to the wise, get out your reading glasses) and saw it has an "R" rating.

OK, you've now got my interest.

From the first scene to the last, I was like those sails that Ox can only dream of...HOOKED!!

And it was fantastic!!

I highly recommend it even if you hate Ben Affleck.

And PS, don't watch this in front of the kids as it does have some gore like Ben's penis.

Sasquatch's favorite part

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Oh, my....well, unfortunately I've made a near career out of watching really bad movies. Wife leaves town with the kids for a weekend and I'll go through 5-8 movies I've saved up hoping one will be somewhat good. So, I'm short on 'good' movies to talk about, but could tell you many to avoid and even a few that will really mess with your head.

If I try to remember the last 'good' movie I watched, it would be .... damn. I suck.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whiplash
Birdman
St. Vincent
Boyhood

and quite a few more.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is American Sniper still considered recent?

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kingsmen: The Secret Service was really good. The Wedding Ringer made me laugh more than it should have, a really great movie. I'll go with those for now...

Dec 10, 2014
Just saw Nightcrawler Saturday night. It's good. Not great. The movie asks you suspend disbelief a little too much. Also (and I don't think I've ever made this complaint before) the music selection/score was really questionable at times. The main character is kind of interesting because he has no real background.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
So I've got the following listed:
Gone Girl
Whiplash
Birdman
St. Vincent
Boyhood
American Sniper
Kingsmen: The Secret Service
The Imitation Game
The Theory of Everything
Nightcrawler
Edge of Tomorrow

(edit: Sharknado is NOT going on this list!! :) )

With the bolded already watched by me.

I better get to work on the others!

Thanks!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
American Sniper was not good.

As far as this year is concerned, Whiplash and Birdman pretty much obliterated every other movie. But St. Vincent, Interstellar, and Gone Girl were all worthy of high praise. Grand Budapest Hotel, Imitation Game, and Nightcrawler were all solid, as well.

Whiplash has the best closing 10 minutes I've seen in a film in a very long time.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Jand3k;n188810 said:
So I've got the following listed:
Gone Girl
Whiplash
Birdman
St. Vincent
Boyhood
American Sniper
Kingsmen: The Secret Service
The Imitation Game
The Theory of Everything
Nightcrawler
Edge of Tomorrow

(edit: Sharknado is NOT going on this list!! :) )

With the bolded already watched by me.

I better get to work on the others!

Thanks!

You don't know what you are missing;)

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n189361 said:
Wrong. It was good, just not the greatest thing out there like some people were saying.

Agreed. I didn't think it was the greatest movie of all time or anything, but it had a good story line and challenged what you thought it would be. It was a war movie, that wasn't really a war movie.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Battle scenes and Cooper's performance were about the only good things about American Sniper. Everything else was disjointed and poorly put together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb