Name Something you didnt understand adults liking when you were a kid, but you understand now

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You may have something. I’d check crookedness of bangs for 100% match.
Those bangs were never an impediment banging a few moms. I think many like the hair.
I discussed this with my hair person. She said, "you have hair at your age, go with it" So realizing jealousy was
the motive I roll with it. With all that love ( i discussed in the chat) coming my way at this age the choice seems correct. But I guess if "men" have a problem with it that may speak volumes. I like the womens...........not the men.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nalt. Go to Mia Apa in Alachua Fla for the guava pastry. You will never question guavas again.........

I will concede on guava pastries. Though Mi Apa is actually a mediocre versio, believe it or not. Still good, but if you’re ever in Tampa or south of Martin county, you’ll find some that will blow you away.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Those bangs were never an impediment banging a few moms. I think many like the hair.
I discussed this with my hair person. She said, "you have hair at your age, go with it" So realizing jealousy was
the motive I roll with it. With all that love ( i discussed in the chat) coming my way at this age the choice seems correct. But I guess if "men" have a problem with it that may speak volumes. I like the womens...........not the men.

Meanwhile, in Brooker…

1691762117624.gif

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After dating a girl with a bad cocaine habit from Panama City, I learned that people die almost like every other year from getting a bad one. There were names on signs of who they’d lost recently. Regardless the frequency, it would just have to be really, really good to take that risk. I just can’t imagine that being the way I go and would be highly angry as I took my last breaths. Also not a fan of the texture.
Oysters are like female companions: sometimes you get a pearl; sometimes you get ptomaine; most of the time you get that slick, briney goodness. In younger years, at soirées like CD described, I could shuck and eat a couple of dozen (or more) with a little Mexi-Pep, saltine crackers optional, and a foot tub full of cold beer and be as close to heaven as you could find on earth. Now, being immuno-suppressed, I only eat them cooked in some fashion. Good fried ones are hard to beat. Had some at Dockside in Jax a couple weeks back that were on point. Like them baked in a variety of ways (Rockefeller, et al), but a good, fresh, cold raw oyster…there just isn’t anything like it.

I’m sorry you are past oysters. Just don’t ever get past women, coke notwithstanding.

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Nalt. Go to Mia Apa in Alachua Fla for the guava pastry. You will never question guavas again.........
I will concede on guava pastries. Though Mi Apa is actually a mediocre versio, believe it or not. Still good, but if you’re ever in Tampa or south of Martin county, you’ll find some that will blow you away.
Haha, I have actually had guava but it was in a drink in Hawaii that is called POG. Passion fruit, Orange juice, and Guava. It is really awesome by itself. I imagine it would be good mixed with alcohol too but since I don't drink...

image-asset.jpeg

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
After dating a girl with a bad cocaine habit from Panama City, I learned

So this opening bit has fk all to do with the rest of your statement. I read your entire post waiting to see how it tied in…and it doesn’t. :waiting: Waiting for THAT story to be told.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So this opening bit has fk all to do with the rest of your statement. I read your entire post waiting to see how it tied in…and it doesn’t. :waiting: Waiting for THAT story to be told.

Ok, well I started dating this girl from Panama City. Couple years older than me. Did some modeling. Very uniquely hot. As it turns out, she also had a thing for cocaine.

1691777606501.gif

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Name something you didnt understand adults liking when you were a kid, but you totally understand now

Saw this on twitter and there were some brilliant responses.

I'll start: coffee

Your mom didn't like getting spanked when she was a kid but oh my how things have changed...

Alex.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, well I started dating this girl from Panama City. Couple years older than me. Did some modeling. Very uniquely hot. As it turns out, she also had a thing for cocaine.

View attachment 60484
This clears a lot of things up. Most importantly, if she was modeling and partaking of the Yayo, she wasn’t plus-size. You go Cowboy!

IMG_0202.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Mowing the grass/putzing in the yard. Many a man has based his housing preferences in part on how long this chore would allow him to be alone with his thoughts.
Early morning, drinking a self congratulatory beer and watching the sprinklers for an hour after unclogging, adjusting, repairs etc. we're made.

When I was a kid, I had two thoughts: 1) fix the damned thing the right way the first time rather than screwing with it so much 2) how can you sit for an hour watching a sprinkler. It's not doing anything different on the 200th pass as the first.

Now, as an adult, repairing/adjusting sprinklers early in the a.m. then watching them do thier thing is like watching a symphony. It's glorious.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Early morning, drinking a self congratulatory beer and watching the sprinklers for an hour after unclogging, adjusting, repairs etc. we're made.
We were outside this morning burning a small pile, clipping weeds, waiting for the grass to dry so we can mow. Looks like the rain might move in early so beer-thirty could come earlier than expected.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Slow cooked dried beans. (kidney, pinto, lima).

Mom would cook them for what seemed like days. As a kid, I was take them or leave them. Seemed like too much work for just beans.

Now? I just went to Publix to get some. Slow cooked with onions and fat back.

art ryan seslow GIF

Last edited:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Guava butter
Guava jelly
Guava cobbler
Guava cheesecake
Guava pastry

These are a few of my favorite things.

@Nalt

Guava jelly is similar to mayhaw jelly.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
We were outside this morning burning a small pile, clipping weeds, waiting for the grass to dry so we can mow. Looks like the rain might move in early so beer-thirty could come earlier than expected.
I measure the size of the yard by the number of beers I can drink while mowing it.

The biggest yard I have had was 5 beers.

Current yard is 2 to 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator