Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No scholly limits? Good lord. Welp, it was a nice run, college football. RIP

Yep. Back to the sixties and seventies when Alabama would have 150 players on scholarship that included nearly all the top talent in the southeast.

Good bye college football, it’s been fun knowing you.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

I think that won't be much of a problem. HIS recruits this year, weren't screwing up. Most of what's leaving is Mullen's guys. I think the core he keeps is bought into his culture, and anyone he recruits will know clearly the expectations in this regard. If anything, the mass exodus and reboot quickens his ability to change culture to fit his plan.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Anyone think the ncaa may be intentionally blowing up college football as a fuch you response to the nil and various other lawsuits? If we can't have it, then we'll burn it to the ground out of spite.

I don't believe it is NCAA saying F-you. On the on hand, if the SEC-B10 left and made their own college football system, as we've heard discussed, who believes they wouldn't write their own rules to do just this? On the other hand, NCAA trying to get ahead of it and say 'we were thinking of this' might be a way for them to try and keep a finger-hold on the sport so as to retain the biggest money maker in college athletics rather than lose the sport to a break-away mega-conference entity. For all the mid to small schools, this is a non-factor regardless. For the big schools and conferences, it might (is likely to?) happen either way.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

A couple notes on this.

Torrence did not allow a sack in his entire collegiate career.

And as well as we did with penalties, I think it’s important to note that Gouriage virtually led the entire country in penalties by an OL.

That makes sense since he had the most time under Mullen

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A couple notes on this.

Torrence did not allow a sack in his entire collegiate career.

And as well as we did with penalties, I think it’s important to note that Gouriage virtually led the entire country in penalties by an OL.

That makes sense since he had the most time under Mullen
i was assured here numerous times that fat hev, despite his lack of crootin was one of the best OL coaches in CFB.

:fatnanner:

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
What they SHOULD be looking to get rid of is that goddamn targeting penalty. That abomination is the WORST Period. Rule Period. EVER. Period. In the history of any sport on any continent ever.
What they should do to avoid any remaining pretense is to remove the blue logo and just wave a white flag.
1670010975634.png

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like I'm at other peoples high school reunion page

Hey Joe, I found your yearbook online:

iu

Congrats on winning "Most Likely To Boat Snake Feather Feather Fish".

Alex.

Last edited:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
USA Today rating new coaches

D+

Billy Napier, Florida (6-6)

Napier's first team got to bowl play with six wins but lost every game that mattered, including rivalry matchups to Tennessee, LSU and Florida State. The Gators also managed to lose to Vanderbilt, which would be enough alone to drop Napier a full letter grade.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

D+

Napier's first team got to bowl play with six wins but lost every game that mattered, including rivalry matchups to Tennessee, LSU and Florida State. The Gators also managed to lose to Vanderbilt, which would be enough alone to drop Napier a full letter grade.

I was listening to Full Ride a few days ago and they torched UF, specifically Stricklin. Childers went on this rant about the money he’d spent and how he fired a successful coach who was well respected in the business, spent a fortune to create all these new staff positions, and got 6-6 out of it. It was largely to appease Mullen, who is one of the cohosts along with Nuheisel, and Dan even chimed in about the new facilities and new budget that he’d never had. It was an awful few minutes. Of course, no mention of last year being the same or worse. Just crushing the terrible decision by SS to make the move he made. Napier really needs to finish this class strong and have a substantially better year next season, if for no other reason than to stop the perception that he was a downgrade, because that’s what the national media are largely running with, which can create perception and damage recruiting.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

D+

Why does Florida have 4 rivals?
Does OSU? USC? BAMA? UGA?

How many played a scheduled like this with the youngest team in P-5?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
All the football shows talking about the Gators with Mullen their have zero ethics. If they didn’t think his laziness and personality weren’t reason enough, then no judgement either.

And agree that Napier better get to hoe’n that row

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. We weren’t winning any trophies with Mullen at the helm regardless of how lazy he got or not. The team he had with Trask behind center should be proof enough of that.
If nothing else comes of the BN era, I believe he’ll leave us much better off than we he arrived.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
If we can't see the focus on recruiting, talent evaluation and positive culture then we are lost as a fan base.

Sure, I agree Napier may have been too strategic and not tactical. Let's see what next year brings.

But Napier is not lazy and he knows talent.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
If we can't see focus on recruiting, talent evaluation and positive culture then we are lost as a fan base.

Sure, I agree Napier may have been too strategic and not tactical. Let's see what next year brings.

But Napier is not lazy and he knows talent.
Rubber meets the road Dec 21st.

Not sure of the portal dates/rules (other than it officially opens Monday)

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Why does Florida have 4 rivals?
Does OSU? USC? BAMA? UGA?

How many played a scheduled like this with the youngest team in P-5?
This will change when the divisions go away. I believe they will stop our rivalry with LSU. I'm also curious with the expansion of the playoffs that we possibly drop FSU as well. I'm fearful teams will schedule very weak out of conference teams to limit the chances of losses.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This will change when the divisions go away. I believe they will stop our rivalry with LSU. I'm also curious with the expansion of the playoffs that we possibly drop FSU as well. I'm fearful teams will schedule very weak out of conference teams to limit the chances of losses.
I think our annual game against the clowns was mandated by the State Legislature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator