Status
Not open for further replies.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorDave_SEC: Big news with Ricky Pearsall’s return. Gators need his experience, production, leadership with that position group.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My opinion will be unpopular, but I don't want to give money to high school kids. Heck, I've never paid a dime to a pro athlete outside of buying a ticket to a game every blue moon. I know it is the system we have to deal with, but I have too many fiscal responsibilities of my own to hand any over to kids playing foosball. You won't ever hear me complain about NIL issues other than I think its tarnishing the game, I hope the people that actually make big money off the sport will pony up, I don't think that should ever fall on the fans. I don't think the fans are collecting money for Aaron Judges new contract, so Gator fans shouldn't have to pony up money for Rashada or anyone else. It should fall on the conference and the schools, the money makers, to come up with a system that is legal and allows them to compensate players reasonably.

EDIT: To add to my point, I think this could be a way for the conference to create parity in the conference. If every school was alloted a cap for NIL on an annual basis, players would be forced to seek out schools other than Bama/UGA/LSU getting errybody every year.

Although I agree with your sentiment, I know that the Alabamas of the world would never adhere to limits or restrictions on anything associated with “funding” the program.
The salary cap in professional sports works because the salaries are published. Alabama has had NIL in place for decades now. Ever wonder why we haven’t heard a peep from or about Alabama since NIL started? Nothing new for them.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Although I agree with your sentiment, I know that the Alabamas of the world would never adhere to limits or restrictions on anything associated with “funding” the program.
The salary cap in professional sports works because the salaries are published. Alabama has had NIL in place for decades now. Ever wonder why we haven’t heard a peep from or about Alabama since NIL started? Nothing new for them.
Except when Saban cried about ATMs class last year. Which was just to get the Bamma donors to contribute more, so, are you sitting down? ... they could get the #1 class (and best class ever) this year.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Except when Saban cried about ATMs class last year. Which was just to get the Bamma donors to contribute more, so, are you sitting down? ... they could get the #1 class (and best class ever) this year.

Exactly
Saban was calling on the boosters to increase the funding not to start funding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.