Status
Not open for further replies.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

We're play checkers, Saban's playing 3-D chess.
They treat everything like they are a part of a multi-billion dollar business. They are very pro-active.

Seems like we're a decade behind even when we "catch up".

There's no reason to be behind on NIL except malaise.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Those that are more optimistic about the state of the program (and there are a lot) have abandoned me in this thread to take on these downers by myself, who have been emboldened by this inexcusable silence and have really stepped up their pessimism. This is disappointing.

@Back Alley Gator doesn't have the balls to actually pipe up, he just sits back like some little minion and likes all these posts. I'm removing his reaction privileges until he finds his testicles.

Get some balls and start posting, pumpers. You are reading this and know who you are.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Fuch off
Go get your own fn list .

In case you didn’t know it, this is a Gator board and we’re specifically talking about the Gators.

Well Fn DUH, all teams go through down periods.
Who here is saying teams don’t????
Did I say teams don’t go through down periods?

The problem here is we’ve been down for over 10 years now and I don’t see Steve or Urban on the sidelines.
What I did see, was coaching, game planning and team readiness at a low to mediocre level.

Problem here is people like you have now accepted the mediocrity and feel the need to chastise those of us who haven’t.

I’ve been sitting in that stadium and at the old Gator bowl since 1982.
I’ve seen the bad.
I’ve also seen the good.

I’m not willing to accept the bad just to be a “good fan”, with “endurance and humility”….

So you believe that really true blue Gator fans have melt down tantrums like a 4 year toddler that doesn't get what they want at the grocery store. Fall on the floor, hold their breath, wallow and squirm like a spoiled brat and cry, cry, cry. Please try to maintain a modicum of dignity and self-respect.

Find the cause and work toward changing it. Personally, I believe the AD and his predecessor are sophomoric ego maniacs. Maybe the new Pres can shake things up. However, I know for a fact through many decades of observation that crying and wetting your pants like babies will not achieve any positive results.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Those that are more optimistic about the state of the program (and there are a lot) have abandoned me in this thread to take on these downers by myself, who have been emboldened by this inexcusable silence and have really stepped up their pessimism. This is disappointing.

@Back Alley Gator doesn't have the balls to actually pipe up, he just sits back like some little minion and likes all these posts. I'm removing his reaction privileges until he finds his testicles.

Get some balls and start posting, pumpers. You are reading this and know who you are.
So, if I reply, I get reply banned. If I don't reply, I get my reaction privs removed. Seems to me you need to decide what you want.

If I've broken a forum rule, give me a vacation. If you want to delete something I posted, delete it. All I ask is that I be given rules to follow to avoid stuff like this.

Last edited:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
So you believe that really true blue Gator fans have melt down tantrums like a 4 year toddler that doesn't get what they want at the grocery store. Fall on the floor, hold their breath, wallow and squirm like a spoiled brat and cry, cry, cry. Please try to maintain a modicum of dignity and self-respect.

Find the cause and work toward changing it. Personally, I believe the AD and his predecessor are sophomoric ego maniacs. Maybe the new Pres can shake things up. However, I know for a fact through many decades of observation that crying and wetting your pants like babies will not achieve any positive results.
Gotta love the imagery here.
Tantrums??
That is a funny picture.
I’m sure in your fantasy world, people who disagree with you are similarly portrayed.

Of course, you’re the adult here and the rest of us are spoiled little children.

**** off pussy.

It’s really hard to have an open discussion of differences when you’re dealing with a smug arrogant pos.

I’m thinking I’m around as many, if not more, Gator fans than you , and I can tell you, the general sentiment is pretty close to mine.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So, if I reply, I get reply banned. If I don't reply, I get my reaction privs removed. Seems to me you need to decide what you want.

If I've broken a forum rule, give me a vacation. If you want to delete something I posted, delete it. All I ask is that I be given rules to follow to avoid stuff like this.
I want your opinion on the state of the program. Omit nothing. You have one hour from the time of this post.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta love the imagery here.
Tantrums??
That is a funny picture.
I’m sure in your fantasy world, people who disagree with you are similarly portrayed.

Of course, you’re the adult here and the rest of us are spoiled little children.

**** off pussy.

It’s really hard to have an open discussion of differences when you’re dealing with a smug arrogant pos.

I’m thinking I’m around as many, if not more, Gator fans than you , and I can tell you, the general sentiment is pretty close to mine.
Not sure why you are so angry. Gators have sucked for a long time and you're still this pissed?

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Not sure why you are so angry. Gators have sucked for a long time and you're still this pissed?
Hell,
Not angry with anyone who would like to actually talk about the team.
Not at all.

I do get a bit torqued when those conversations go the way a couple have on this thread.
People toss **** out there, I’m happy to throw it back.

I’m with you Ox.
We both want success on the field!

The issue is, I’ve not seen the coaching , recruiting, game day , or even the organizational improvements , I think we all expected with the hire.

Also, don’t get me wrong here.
I’m not at all trying to say we need tp get rid of Napier.

I am saying, we need to see dramatic improvement in all phases next year.

But that’s throwing a tantrum, right?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I want your opinion on the state of the program. Omit nothing. You have one hour from the time of this post.
My opinion on the state of the program is that it is currently in shambles. We finished with another losing season. We have a questionable choice at DC. We just lost our last three QBs who might have taken over for AR. Mertz and Miller do not inspire confidence. Our administration has not shown an understanding of how to compete in football or a serious willingness to do so for the last 12 years. Jeremy Foley still has an office on campus.

I think Billy is a great guy and a good coach. I do not think he is anywhere close to Meyer or SOS in ability or in understanding what rivalry means in the SEC. I think he will eventually field a good team. He may even win the SEC once or twice over the next ten years. He may even make the expanded playoffs. But I don't ever see him winning a natty or bringing back the gator swagger. I don't think he has the killer instinct or the hatred of losing that we need.

We will trend upwards over the next four years. But I doubt we will ever be much better than good.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hell,
Not angry with anyone who would like to actually talk about the team.
Not at all.

I do get a bit torqued when those conversations go the way a couple have on this thread.
People toss **** out there, I’m happy to throw it back.

I’m with you Ox.
We both want success on the field!

The issue is, I’ve not seen the coaching , recruiting, game day , or even the organizational improvements , I think we all expected with the hire.

Also, don’t get me wrong here.
I’m not at all trying to say we need tp get rid of Napier.

I am saying, we need to see dramatic improvement in all phases next year.

But that’s throwing a tantrum, right?
I don't disagree with any of this. Napier may be a failure as a head coach, no question about it. I just think it's too early to know. I also think he's been tirelessly working and has represented UF extremely well so that he deserves just a little bit of patience.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My opinion on the state of the program is that it is currently in shambles. We finished with another losing season. We have a questionable choice at DC. We just lost our last three QBs who might have taken over for AR. Mertz and Miller do not inspire confidence. Our administration has not shown an understanding of how to compete in football or a serious willingness to do so for the last 12 years. Jeremy Foley still has an office on campus.

I think Billy is a great guy and a good coach. I do not think he is anywhere close to Meyer or SOS in ability or in understanding what rivalry means in the SEC. I think he will eventually field a good team. He may even win the SEC once or twice over the next ten years. He may even make the expanded playoffs. But I don't ever see him winning a natty or bringing back the gator swagger. I don't think he has the killer instinct or the hatred of losing that we need.

We will trend upwards over the next four years. But I doubt we will ever be much better than good.
Fair enough.

You could be right on Napier and his coaching, no idea to know at the moment. Where we disagree is that the program is in complete shambles - I think it's in the best shape it's been in many years.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Fair enough.

You could be right on Napier and his coaching, no idea to know at the moment. Where we disagree is that the program is in complete shambles - I think it's in the best shape it's been in many years.
If you're right, I would expect a better win/loss record in 2023. I know you are expecting 8 wins or better. I don't think that's realistic. But maybe I will be proven wrong.

If we win more than 6, I'll agree that we are in better shape. That needs to be a trend though with at least 8 or 9 wins in 2024.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So you believe that really true blue Gator fans have melt down tantrums like a 4 year toddler that doesn't get what they want at the grocery store. Fall on the floor, hold their breath, wallow and squirm like a spoiled brat and cry, cry, cry.
Umm....yes

You should check out the chatbox during games. Hell some of the pumpers in here actually get so whiny they ask to have their accounts deleted and challenge other members to knife fights in front of the stadium.:rotfl:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GIF by Australian Survivor

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Umm....yes

You should check out the chatbox during games. Hell some of the pumpers in here actually get so whiny they ask to have their accounts deleted and challenge other members to knife fights in front of the stadium.:rotfl:
I had a guy here wanting my address once so he could come and beat me up.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I don't disagree with any of this. Napier may be a failure as a head coach, no question about it. I just think it's too early to know. I also think he's been tirelessly working and has represented UF extremely well so that he deserves just a little bit of patience.
There is absolutely no doubt that Napier has worked tirelessly and is a fantastic representative of UF.

We are really just disagreeing on patience .

There are many improvements the team could make next year that would get me “back” to believing he’s our Next great coach.
I’m not looking for or supporting a place holder here.

Here are a couple of examples.
Play Utah down to the wire.
Win or lose, play tough, aggressive and fast, play with an edge.

Cannot lose to Tennessee at home.

Cannot lose to Kentucky.

Cannot lose to Vandy. In fact, this should be a game of redemption for the entire staff and team. This game needs to be a 4 td or more blowout.

All losses should be no more than 10 points with us keeping the game within one score until late.

Ga game should be the most fired up, best executed game plan of the season.,
We should play that game with a swagger, an edge and , should be a game where everyone is dragging azz after.
Leave it all on that field. Best effort of the season.

Give me that and, I’ll be excited for 24

Note
I did not give a win loss requirement.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you're right, I would expect a better win/loss record in 2023. I know you are expecting 8 wins or better. I don't think that's realistic. But maybe I will be proven wrong.

If we win more than 6, I'll agree that we are in better shape. That needs to be a trend though with at least 8 or 9 wins in 2024.
I would agree that we should expect more than 6 wins next year. Period. I'd be shocked if we didn't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.