Napier’s first full offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't disagree with anything here: I personally do think Grantham is and was worse.

But our 3rd down defense was atrocious this year--and a LOT of that was poor scheme.

Yeah, I could’ve probably saved a lot of typing and incorrect stat checking by simply leaving it at my first line in this discussion. This is year one for him, so I don’t think we have enough data yet to say he will be worse than Grantham. He may prove to be worse. I just think he’s a relative unknown unlike his predecessor.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
What a wild ride of a season. Pains me to say this but I'm glad to see the rumors that AR is probably going into the draft. It's painful just because of seeing what the kid can do when he decides to put it all together (UTAH GAME). Think Napier was in a tough situation with him being from Gainesville and AR playing like superman in the first game. I don't think he wanted to burn any bridges for future recruiting purposes. Maybe it made this decision a little easier with it being year 1 as well.

Maybe the info on the rift between AR and the coaches will come out once he has moved on and the dust has settled.

Bayougator

Aug 17, 2018
Was hoping they let go of Toney, but that would mean Billy admitting he made a huge mistake. So I'm guessing it's going to be Peagler and Bateman.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Was hoping they let go of Toney, but that would mean Billy admitting he made a huge mistake. So I'm guessing it's going to be Peagler and Bateman.
While some things can be changed immediately, some cannot. I think, in regards to a DC, it takes more than 1 year to make that type decision and especially when you consider it's the FIRST year.

Nobody is happy with our D and everybody thinks they've got the answer; I'll allow another "let's see" year on Toney.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
While some things can be changed immediately, some cannot. I think, in regards to a DC, it takes more than 1 year to make that type decision and especially when you consider it's the FIRST year.

Nobody is happy with our D and everybody thinks they've got the answer; I'll allow another "let's see" year on Toney.
Yes, whenever I see the worst defensive performance ever fielded by a Gator team, my first hunch is to say "LET'S SEE IT AGAIN!"

:eek3:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes, whenever I see the worst defensive performance ever fielded by a Gator team, my first hunch is to say "LET'S SEE IT AGAIN!"

:eek3:
Well, it's easy to say it's on the coach but in truth there are many layers to the level of suckage we saw. I've heard one scenario is that it's the players, or lack of talent specifically, but I guess we'll all agree with you and go with "it's the coach".
:highfive:

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Well, it's easy to say it's on the coach but in truth there are many layers to the level of suckage we saw. I've heard one scenario is that it's the players, or lack of talent specifically, but I guess we'll all agree with you and go with "it's the coach".
I know. I'm just messin with you now.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Proper planning prevents piss-poor performance ( the 5 "P's), live by 'em, you'll do a whole lot better with the outcomes...BWTFDIK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb