bill murray nw GIF

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why not an OC?
Guessing the max # of on-field coaches precludes that. Doesn’t mean he and the O staff don’t work with Billy game-planning and conferring in-game. Most realize that Billy isn’t just out there spit-ballin’ with the plays. We can judge the outcome (and are often correct), but the O plays and formations are pretty vast and organized by down and distance, field position and hash, clock/quarter with the position coaches wired in to keep the personnel on track. Adjustments are made at the half or in-game to account for injuries, new tendencies, etc.

One guy isn’t running the whole shebang off the cuff or with an index card. The devil, as we’ve seen with Billy, is in the details, most particularly impacted by personnel, primarily ours. Could he be better organized? Most certainly and hopefully this new hire will help in that regard.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The game at UT was lost thanks to Karl's in-game mismangement, especially at the end of the first half. He needs an OC, not the current dip**** either, one that actually knows modern offensive football and can design and call more than six plays.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The game at UT was lost thanks to Karl's in-game mismangement, especially at the end of the first half. He needs an OC, not the current dip**** either, one that actually knows modern offensive football and can design and call more than six plays.
It's always great to get your level-headed takes on current UF coaches.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Guessing the max # of on-field coaches precludes that. Doesn’t mean he and the O staff don’t work with Billy game-planning and conferring in-game. Most realize that Billy isn’t just out there spit-ballin’ with the plays. We can judge the outcome (and are often correct), but the O plays and formations are pretty vast and organized by down and distance, field position and hash, clock/quarter with the position coaches wired in to keep the personnel on track. Adjustments are made at the half or in-game to account for injuries, new tendencies, etc.

One guy isn’t running the whole shebang off the cuff or with an index card. The devil, as we’ve seen with Billy, is in the details, most particularly impacted by personnel, primarily ours. Could he be better organized? Most certainly and hopefully this new hire will help in that regard.
Is Sale on the field or in the booth?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You’re renowned for your wisdom and the insight you bring to the board, specifically with Xs and Os. But for me at least, this is the type of informative post that keeps me coming back to this place.
Wait til you read my “Let me think about that…” or “I’ll have to get back to you!” Your journalistic ecstasy is forthcoming.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don’t know
Sorry, I could have asked that better. I just immediately thought if anybody knew it was you.

I can only recall that Mullen was on the field. Mostly because of that one game he called from the booth because he had surgery that day and was hopped up on pain killers and we got destroyed by Auburn(?). But I think he was unique in that regard. Seems to me most OC's are in the booth.

Round about way of saying Napier needs an OC in the booth. He ain't Stephen Orr Spurrier.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Have you ever considered posting sober? It's an entirely different experience.
Jaja. Was sober when I posted. Now? No way he was average in practice. Average in practice then immediately confident in Mullen’s pass offense? Maybe. Doesn’t seem likely. Could have been mediocre the Spring Mullen gave his heart to Franks.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I could have asked that better. I just immediately thought if anybody knew it was you.

I can only recall that Mullen was on the field. Mostly because of that one game he called from the booth because he had surgery that day and was hopped up on pain killers and we got destroyed by Auburn(?). But I think he was unique in that regard. Seems to me most OC's are in the booth.

Round about way of saying Napier needs an OC in the booth. He ain't Stephen Orr Spurrier.
We see him on the headset. @ThreatMatrix @cover2

Serious question. Can any of the analysts on staff be in the box on the headset. We hear about "on field coaches". Does that number count towards coaches in the booth? Maybe one of them are on there with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.