Napier’s first full offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Billy is working circles around anything lazy Mullet ever did. Billy's work ethic, efficiency and production in hiring and recruiting has lapped Mullet 40 times over. It is hard to imagine that it won't result in turning the program around

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Billy is working circles around anything lazy Mullet ever did. Billy's work ethic, efficiency and production in hiring and recruiting has lapped Mullet 40 times over. It is hard to imagine that it won't result in turning the program around
If I were an AD entertaining Mullet as a HC candidate that alone would tell me he has to be bottom of my list. Does CBN's success at organizing, recruiting, hiring tell us, and the world, that Mullen could have, but chose not to- and that is was not Administration failing to support?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If eligible, he’d start against Utah and it wouldn’t be close. But glad to see him come back and still consider himself a Gator. Few players were dealt more absolute garbage than Driskel.

Agree, he was frustrating to watch at times, but I never doubted his effort. Weird career indeed, played in 4 different seasons, but only started against Fsu once and won, only started against Ugay once and lost, and started against UT 3 times and won all 3 while 2 of the games he didn't finish due to injury and poor play and the backup came in and led the team to victory. Guy had talent, but he originally committed to Meyer I believe, who he would've thrived under I'm sure. Instead his play was up and down a lot, and it always made me wonder why Jacoby didn't get more of a chance, then I remember who our coach was at the time. LOL Anyways, good to see he's still loyal to UF and I'm glad he's been able to stay in the NFL this long. He's a good guy.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Agree, he was frustrating to watch at times, but I never doubted his effort. Weird career indeed, played in 4 different seasons, but only started against Fsu once and won, only started against Ugay once and lost, and started against UT 3 times and won all 3 while 2 of the games he didn't finish due to injury and poor play and the backup came in and led the team to victory. Guy had talent, but he originally committed to Meyer I believe, who he would've thrived under I'm sure. Instead his play was up and down a lot, and it always made me wonder why Jacoby didn't get more of a chance, then I remember who our coach was at the time. LOL Anyways, good to see he's still loyal to UF and I'm glad he's been able to stay in the NFL this long. He's a good guy.
I always liked him and agree he would have done better under Meyer’s system. Can’t help but feel sympathy for anyone who had to play for Muschamp.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
He also beat a Johnny Manziel led A&M team at College Station. No easy feat.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Driskell never beat anyone. You have to generate offense to do that. Our defense won every game for us…or not.
Phttt.
No doubt defensive adjustments at half to contain Manziel were one key to victory however, Driskel's running and that perfect bomb he dropped like a dime into Omar Hines' hands were crucial as well. It's a team game.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Phttt.
No doubt defensive adjustments at half to contain Manziel were one key to victory however, Driskel's running and that perfect bomb he dropped like a dime into Omar Hines' hands were crucial as well. It's a team game.
How the heck can you remember that?

I remember a few plays from key games ... but I think I (or my therapist) erased most of the last 13 years from my memory banks.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
On a serious note. I ran across a Graham mertz interview on YouTube. I couldn't have been more impressed with that young man. I'm definitely rooting my ass of for him. He's definitely a sharp, well spoken dude. It's no wonder he won our coaching staff over so quickly. He'll be a great ambassador for the program regardless of how good he is on the field.

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Driskell never beat anyone. You have to generate offense to do that. Our defense won every game for us…or not.

Gilly was a monster in that game 2nd half if I could remember correctly. That was the last year we had a good Oline up until last year for some parts.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
On a serious note. I ran across a Graham mertz interview on YouTube. I couldn't have been more impressed with that young man. I'm definitely rooting me ass of for him. He's definitely a sharp, well spoken dude. It's no wonder he won our coaching staff over so quickly. He'll be a great ambassador for the program regardless of how good he is on the field.
Is rather have a Manziel type that wins football games but you need to keep away from the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.