Napier's 2022 Offense

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
@Bernardo de la Paz

thats been my concern from day one. Best I can tell we probably have the least exciting system in the east save maybe Vandy with no actual talent
It's amazing Gator fans can actually spew nonsense like this without seeing Napier coach the Gators for one single solitary play. Perhaps we should just fire him now?

Behind AR15, I have no doubt this offense is going to light some freaking people up this year. Napier has never had a QB like this.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
It could be that offensive recruits don't find the scheme to be an exciting style of play.
Can you see into the future?
200.gif

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
AR15. Wright, Lingard and Johnson. Hendo, Shorter, Whitt, Pearsall and Elks. And some improved fugging OL coaching/play.

I dunno fellas, Im actually effing excited to see the offense. Because of the names above but also because it isnt stupid fuggin muLLLLLLLen ball.

Also...really looking forward to seeing just how bad Miller is. Hearing what a freak Boardingham is supposed to be as well as apparently Etienne showed up and is kicking arse.

Last edited:

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
It's amazing Gator fans can actually spew nonsense like this without seeing Napier coach the Gators for one single solitary play. Perhaps we should just fire him now?

Behind AR15, I have no doubt this offense is going to light some freaking people up this year. Napier has never had a QB like this.
Ehh it’s just been the case the 4 years prior in ULL. Efficient, but not particularly exciting or explosive, at least not through the air. It could be the limit to what kind of talent you can get at a A sunbelt school, especially at the QB spot so I’ll definitely be willing to reserve judgment, but I’m sure the unknown is being used against us on the recruiting trail currently

ltraz

Lifetime Member
Oct 18, 2017
It could be that offensive recruits don't find the scheme to be an exciting style of play.
I actually think our scheme might be really, really good to recruits and if AR is who we hope, recruits will see it this year. Even if the scheme doesn't throw a ton, it might look good for any WR that thinks they'll be the #1, bc it'll highlight guys vs a spread. We'll see though, bc one of the main concerns with CBN is how much control of the O he wants and it could backfire.

Last edited:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Dude, there’s nothing you can point to in his history that says this will be an exciting offense.

NOLAGATOR

Deep Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
His OL gives up very few sacks
They get few flags
That alone would have won games.
And the O&B Game did not show y'all, Napier will throw it?

Last, he runs a system much like Saban...I thought that's what y'all wanted

And there were wide open O coaches...but most didn't meet everyone's criteria.

Last edited:

ltraz

Lifetime Member
Oct 18, 2017
His OL gives up very few sacks
They get few flags
That alone would have won games.
And the O&B Game did not show y'all, Napier will throw it?

Last, he runs a system much like Saban...I thought that's what y'all wanted

And there were wide open O coaches...but most didn't meet everyone's criteria.
In what way is the system like Saban's?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dude, there’s nothing you can point to in his history that says this will be an exciting offense.

I’d check your morning coffee for traces of iocaine powder.

Of all people you should know you never go against a St Lucie-an when death is on the line.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
AR15. That’s what I’m pointing to.

I’m excited for AR15 as well, but I’m really hoping the OL improves enough that AR can run the O more often than playing “escape artist.” Waiting for September to find out…

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Ehh it’s just been the case the 4 years prior in ULL. Efficient, but not particularly exciting or explosive, at least not through the air. It could be the limit to what kind of talent you can get at a A sunbelt school, especially at the QB spot so I’ll definitely be willing to reserve judgment, but I’m sure the unknown is being used against us on the recruiting trail currently
Boring!!!!!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

Honestly I don't care about exciting. I want efficient. If his offense can be efficient and balanced I'll be happy.

As for blaming his offense for lack of recruiting...has anyone seen Georgia's offense? They have a likely child rapist walk on QB starting and yet they get whoever they want because recruiters, recruit.

I expect to see a whole hell of a lot of running this year out of necessity because we don't have anyone on the outside who scares even local high school teams. Really going to need to step it up on recruit the offensive side of the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Private conversations
Help Users