Napier's press conference 01/14/22

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Seems like he’s absorbing a ton of info and in no rush to make any decisions until the appropriate time.

Loved hearing his comments about recruiting evaluations vs the hospitality piece and the importance of each.

Also liked his comments about the support staff and the amount of work to be done. “Nobody is gonna be eating popcorn… everyone has plenty to do.” Sounds like he has a purpose behind everything he’s doing.

Btw, other than the buzz cut and southern accent, I don’t see where the sling blade reference came from. Seems like some here were determined to dislike the hire before knowing much about him? Sorta like the cousin Eddie moniker given to cdm before he even arrived (though that one was earned). Not suggesting CBN will be a massive success here, but I’m certainly pulling for him to give us reason for optimism.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well building something from the ground up is not always exciting. I echo Joe's comment about his approach to the program. I may be reading too much into what he can do as a recruiter, but it seems to me that he is quite capable if it is necessary of connecting with players and their parents. Regardless of his CEO type thought process I'll bet he can mesh at the appropriate level for almost every recruit.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
So you get the first question in the room for BN and it's "so, without looking at your notes, how many people have you hired"?
So Mr. President, is it boxers or briefs?

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta love his communication skills and professionalism. We have had some real dipsticks to listen to over the past 12 years.

And the questions seem more adult and pointed. It's like our media folks see rewards for asking relevant football questions. BN has got them into a new training program too.

“Nobody is gonna be eating popcorn… everyone has plenty to do.” Sounds like he has a purpose behind everything he’s doing.

All the staff will stomp-march quick-time up the hill, all together = a new force. Let no coach nor player fall behind. Us fans are bound to benefit from this new direction. Think how this will soak into players' focus on teamwork in practices and in games = self-driven accountability. And this is just building the launchpad. How much self-confidence with individual plus collective determination will the "BN Way" put on the field.? Sign me up. Go Gators.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
so, what did the man say?
giphy.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Btw, other than the buzz cut and southern accent, I don’t see where the sling blade reference came from. Seems like some here were determined to dislike the hire before knowing much about him?
There's absolutely no way that could have happened. Not on Gatorchatter, no way.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bet Nap could do a crushing-it imitation of Slingblade, but would that just be a different Darth Vader.?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I will say this for Sling Blade. I have no idea what the product on the field will look like or if the quality of play, game management ability and the overall understanding of game flow will be, but Gawd Dammit it sure is nice to have a HC that at least talks like I want my HC to talk. None of they typical BS oh we gotta practice harder, oh we gotta make plays oh we gotta tackle better. Finally a friggin HC that talks like a leader, a CEO and understands that other aspects of everyday like can lead you to being more productive within your sport. Like I said, not knowing the product on the field, but compared to the last 3 dypshyts we had, Sling Blade could almost be confused with General Patton!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
At the 2:43 mark BN referred to "our new Gator Made Program which we will launch pretty soon". At first I did a double take because I thought he said "our new Gator Bait Program". At that point I thought you better run that by Fuchs before going public.

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
so, what did the man say?
"You're either a Sling Blade mower or Sling Blade mower bait."
"I expect all Gator Nation to follow the exemplary example of perpetual, diligent patience set by the Oh So Lovely Ladies and the fine, motivated, dedicated and determinated, O&B bleeding Gentlemen over at Ox's Home Away from Home of which I peruse every God Given morning with my 100% Gator Made cup o' joe. Go GCMB!"

Then he broke into a chorus of....joined in by all the hacks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator