Napier's Ragin' Cajuns win first-ever outright Sun Belt title

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

I watched one in 2012 when they played us in the Swamp and almost won. They were under Hudspeth IIRC.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I will be rooting for the Cajuns bigly. I like that state a lot and almost feel bad about stealing the coach away from those good peeps over there, but business is business and we will put him to better use than they could've done.

I looked to see if there was a Cajun Club in South Florida that might be having a watch party, but couldn't find any. I bet that would be a good time.

Just to get in the spirit I might go up to Laudy to watch it at Shuck n Dive.

I’ve never been to Lafayette but have always heard great things about it. Great food, great people and their Mardi Gras is fun and not insanely packed.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Nope, not too many Cajuns to be found down here. Closest place to get good Louisiana food is up there in Fort Lauderdale at the place I linked in the last post, Shuck n Dive. I've been there a bunch of times and one thing I've noticed is that there are always some Vietnamese people eating in there for some reason, along with the Louisiana transplants. Or maybe they are Louisiana transplants too, IDK.

I've never lived in Louisiana myself but love New Orleans and have visited there at least 7-8 times. That is my happy place.

There’s a section in Orlando along Colonial known as Little Viet Nam. There are a number of “cajun” places there run by Vietnamese people and I’ve wondered about that. Maybe the spice palette plus old French colonial ties create a familiar cultural link?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I’ll be more interested in how well they execute the plays etc. The offense is likely built around the QB’s strengths, and he’s no AR15.

Moving forward, with AR15 on hand I’d look at what Louisville ran and how the Ravens scheme Lamar Jackson. They do have designed QB draws and power, but he also throws deep and intermediate routes and can get chunk runs when those are covered. A guy like that exerts a lot of pressure on a defense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Still have a small group of Napier haters here. With every incompletion, they are going to be singing the blues about how doomed we are. Cries of Muschamp Part II, etc. They will really embarrass themselves.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

I’m pretty sure UF has played the Rajun Cajuns a time or two when Spurrier was here.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am gonna watch as an interested fan and surely the ratings will be up on this game.

There will be a lot of emotions on the Cajun sideline today. I've seen games like these. They could literally go out and curbstomp Appy or shyt the bed. Either way this game is not an indictment on Napier and what he'll do here. He's already IMO done more for UF this week in just name and recruiting (reaching out) than the ovewhelming stinch that still wreaks in Gainesville. Just going to enjoy some football and most of all MULLEN IS GONE!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Still have a small group of Napier haters here. With every incompletion, they are going to be singing the blues about how doomed we are. Cries of Muschamp Part II, etc. They will really embarrass themselves.
Some have even painted themselves so into a corner that if Napier is successful at UF, we may never hear from them again. (Other than Swonk of course; he’s addicted to this place and totally fine with that.)

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

So... you're assuming more than one pass attempt?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Not exactly. I watched their last game and I saw a pretty boring offense that reminded me of Mullens. I dont hate the guy one bit but I am not excited about him either. Its a wait and see situation. I am sure he will be an upgrade from Mullen but how much so who knows.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
I’m pretty sure UF has played the Rajun Cajuns a time or two when Spurrier was here.
I went to the '96 game with an architect buddy of mine...he graduated from ULL. Pregame walking through the various parking areas he was able to sniff out jambalaya or gumbo of other coonass fans and we hung out with them for a good time. The game was lopsided in favor of Gators but every good thing ULL did, he would stand up on his seat and wave his Ragin Cajun towel to the amusement of all in our section.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Either way this game is not an indictment on Napier and what he'll do here.
:lmao:

This little piece of truth will have no bearing on the hand-wringing and pearl-clutching that's going to go on here from a few people during this game.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I am gonna watch as an interested fan and surely the ratings will be up on this game.

There will be a lot of emotions on the Cajun sideline today. I've seen games like these. They could literally go out and curbstomp Appy or shyt the bed. Either way this game is not an indictment on Napier and what he'll do here. He's already IMO done more for UF this week in just name and recruiting (reaching out) than the ovewhelming stinch that still wreaks in Gainesville. Just going to enjoy some football and most of all MULLEN IS GONE!
Considering what'll be on CBS at the same time, probably the only ones watching will be fans of the two teams and us.

I hope ESPN recognizes the viewing interest in Napier and gives us lots of sideline shots. I'm interested to see Napier's play calling on the field but also his demeanor on the sidelines and the way he interacts with everyone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:rabbi:

This thread is going to be fun in a few years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And we were under a wet, moldy mattress aka Will Muschamp.
Hudspeth was Mullenz OC at Cowbell before going to ULL.

he also got them on some horrendous probation. they were penalized like 30 scholarships per year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not exactly. I watched their last game and I saw a pretty boring offense that reminded me of Mullens. .
That wasnt the real Napier offense.

He did not run the REAL Napier offense at ULL or Clemson. He is saving all his wide open passing and scoring offense for UF.

A HIGHLY ORGANIZED offense.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
That wasnt the real Napier offense.

He did not run the REAL Napier offense at ULL or Clemson. He is saving all his wide open passing and scoring offense for UF.

A HIGHLY ORGANIZED offense.
Is highly organized a code? Like when "they" said Brantley could make all the throws in pre-season practice?

Highly Organized ...

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.