Nap's is Closed (bummer)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember Art's Steakhouse. Never ate there but remember it was considered a big deal.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
My dad is still with me, but trips to Ralph's, In & Out, or Murphy's Pub were always with my dad... usually after some sporting event, or in the case of Murphy's pub watching a sporting event on their Satellite especially when we were on probation.
Damn ... I almost forgot about the satellite tv work around. LOL.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Art's was was way down 441 on the other side of the Prairie, wasn't it?
Yes. I keep talking about poor grad students and we were, as were most of my friends. But they were good times. My memory is that a steak at Art's was $3 and a cheese ball came with the dinner which hungry grad students devoured.
As science students methanol was readily available, but it was poisonous. Someone concocted the story that electron multipliers could only be cleaned with pure ethanol. So drinks for a bash consisted of sodas laced with ethanol. Our advisor turned a blind eye and came to at least one party and drank enough so that he promised to include a student's name on a paper. When sober, he was too embarrassed to renege. Good times.
But yes, Art's was on the edge of Payne's Prairie.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tex-Mex is putting everyone else out of business except for the store front Chinese....

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Dang! We had an end of the the year banquet there in the private room for a law school group I was in a little while back. That place was pretty good.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I vaguely remember a diner style restaurant somewhere around 16th Ave and either 6th or 13th Street but I cannot recall the name. You could get breakfast lunch or dinner anytime. It was still there in the late seventies but I don’t know how long it lasted after that. Anybody remember the name?

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
You guys must be too young to remember the Primrose Inn. It was a great place for a poor college kid to take a date for a real good meal at a great price. I took my wife there several times back in the late 70’s when I was trying to impress her
That's it! Couldn't remember the name of the place... they had some sort of cream style corn that I always associated with Gator games as a little kid.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
That's it! Couldn't remember the name of the place... they had some sort of cream style corn that I always associated with Gator games as a little kid.
Over the years we have eaten in much fancier restaurants, but I am not sure we have found one that my wife liked better. Probably a good choice to impress your wife as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.