Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Numbers for NSD:

Pageviews: 39,732
Unique visitors: 1,500

Nice job everyone!

A 3% drop in unique visitors from your peak.

giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone said Cleveland would never catch a pass at UF after the BB gun incident - he's doing okay.
Im still so shocked that we have a kid on our team who shot a window with a bb gun! The horror!!!

What a bunch of cupcakes we have on this forum.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Im still so shocked that we have a kid on our team who shot a window with a bb gun! The horror!!!

What a bunch of cupcakes we have on this forum.
I think the poster just thought he was going to be a trouble maker and :bandit: when he made the prediction. It was a pretty silly prediction.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama signed twice as many four- and five-star recruits than Clemson over the last six years, but Clemson beat Alabama for the national championship. And according to 247Sports, a college football recruiting service, 61 percent of the starters in Sunday’s Super Bowl weren’t ranked among the top 500 overall in their recruiting class.

Interesting facts.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's a good quote from Les Miles on lower ranked kids. I think some of the lower ranked kids we signed fit this mold (at least I hope they do):

Les Miles on evaluating lower-rated recruits: “You can take a 3-star or a 2-star as long as he’s got, range, growth potential, a good student and you evaluate him. They’re going to make it and be quality players for you.”

Nice find and thanks for posting! That will be AWESOME! Judd still loves the Gators so I have a hard time thinking he goes anywhere else.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama signed twice as many four- and five-star recruits than Clemson over the last six years, but Clemson beat Alabama for the national championship. And according to 247Sports, a college football recruiting service, 61 percent of the starters in Sunday’s Super Bowl weren’t ranked among the top 500 overall in their recruiting class.

Interesting facts.
You want to do this again?

I know you aren't very bright.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my take. You want football championships? You hire championship coaches. Spurrier won the ACC at Duke before coming home to UF. Meyer won the MWC twice at Utah before coming to UF. Both won SEC and national championship games at UF.

This is the flaw, imho, of Foley's FBC hiring process. UF should have never settled for less than a championship head coach. Zook never got to Atlanta; neither did Muschamp. Both had some great recruiting classes; but neither could coach the talent up to a championship level.

In my opinion, Coach Mac shouldn't have been hired at UF, since he wasn't a championship winning or conference winning head coach. As a loyal Gator fan, I can only hope that his recruiting classes continue to improve, that he hires assistants capable of displaying championship coaching abilities, and that he can turn around seven years of mediocrity on Offense next year. That said, UF football is a terrible place to learn on the job and I just don't think Mac is going to learn to win championships in time to save himself from angry mob ready to lynch after losing 4 games again next year.

I don't recall... what championship coaches were available when we hired Mac?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NikemanNewt: Blessed to say that I'm Committed to the Florida Gators! #AllBite18 @UFRC_JH @RLS2294 @CoachMcElwain

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.