NBA Finals

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All kidding aside, the Heat franchise got schooled on how to BUILD a winning team. They simply have tried to buy championships and I think thats why so many dislike them (coupled with the "decision" and the spouting off they did about the number of championships they were gonna win). The Spurs took their lumps last year and spent this season developing their bench and growing stronger. The Heat looked like they just gave up every time the Spurs built a sizeable lead. Total lack of character and devoid of leadership.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spurs should have won the championship last year also. Spurs showed that playing team ball can win championships.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Spurs should have won the championship last year also. Spurs showed that playing team ball can win championships.
This.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n3135 said:
All kidding aside, the Heat franchise got schooled on how to BUILD a winning team. They simply have tried to buy championships and I think thats why so many dislike them (coupled with the "decision" and the spouting off they did about the number of championships they were gonna win). The Spurs took their lumps last year and spent this season developing their bench and growing stronger. The Heat looked like they just gave up every time the Spurs built a sizeable lead. Total lack of character and devoid of leadership.

please tell me who doesn't try to buy championships? These guys were humble enough to play for less money and smaller roles for the sake of winning championships. And there's nothing wrong with them having that party to get the community involved,that was hardly much different than us or most college basketball programs having their midnight madness. These guys have been nothing but class acts and you guys would rather see a team full of foreign players beat them? I'll never understand it. Do you guys pull for other countries during the Olympics? These guys wanted a shot at winning a championship they would have not gotten elsewhere.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n3419 said:
please tell me who doesn't try to buy championships? These guys were humble enough to play for less money and smaller roles for the sake of winning championships. And there's nothing wrong with them having that party to get the community involved,that was hardly much different than us or most college basketball programs having their midnight madness. These guys have been nothing but class acts and you guys would rather see a team full of foreign players beat them? I'll never understand it. Do you guys pull for other countries during the Olympics? These guys wanted a shot at winning a championship they would have not gotten elsewhere.
t, you're just a blind homer when it comes to the Heat. I would rather see anyone win it than them. Do you see any other pro athlete have their own TV special for their "decision"? What about the whole pre-game throwing baby powder up in the air? Did the Spurs, Bulls, Lakers, Celtics or anyone else go out and have a "midnight madness" proclaiming how many championships they were gonna win before they ever had a single game together? You call that BS humble? They have failed to build through the draft and develop young players and they got totally exposed by a franchise that does it the right way. You act like Parker and Ganobli are bad guys because they weren't born here. Much more class than anything I've seen from Lebron.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n3419 said:

Oh come on...that's just asinine and silly.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
t-gator;n3419 said:
t, you're just a blind homer when it comes to the Heat. I would rather see anyone win it than them. Do you see any other pro athlete have their own TV special for their "decision"? What about the whole pre-game throwing baby powder up in the air? Did the Spurs, Bulls, Lakers, Celtics or anyone else go out and have a "midnight madness" proclaiming how many championships they were gonna win before they ever had a single game together? You call that BS humble? They have failed to build through the draft and develop young players and they got totally exposed by a franchise that does it the right way. You act like Parker and Ganobli are bad guys because they weren't born here. Much more class than anything I've seen from Lebron.
I'm not that big of a heat fan.I've always enjoyed watching LeBron play. And yes the spurs built their team through the draft,but plenty of teams in every major sport has built their team through free agency. I never said they were bad guys i just said I was pulling for the team full of Americans,regardless of if they throw baby powder in the air. I can give the spurs props their track record speaks for itself,let's be honest you don't care about the spurs you just want to see LeBron fail. I've had this argument with my step dad a hundred times.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Queenie , I thought you didn't watch the nba?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n3436 said:
I watched the last 2 games because the Heat were getting destroyed. But, the fact that I don't watch the NBA doesn't mean I can't say your comment was completely retarded. It was.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
t-gator;n3419 said:
I do like the Spurs, but I'm not a big NBA fan...just a casual fan. I've always appreciated the way they go about their business. And yes...I do enjoy seeing Lebron fail because I don't appreciate all of his theatrics as mentioned above. Add in the flopping and I just don't like the guy. He's the most talented player in the game today and he should just quit all the BS and let his play speak for itself. Until he does, I wish him failure year after year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
t-gator;n3436 said:
I watched the last 2 games because the Heat were getting destroyed. But, the fact that I don't watch the NBA doesn't mean I can't say your comment was completely retarded. It was.
I wouldn't go that far. He's just loves Lebron and is upset with the loss. Maybe they can buy Melo and make it a 6 game series next year. ;)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n3437 said:

thanks for proving my point, you only watched because your pulling against the heat it has nothing to do with the spurs. And what is so retarded about my comment? The spurs only have 2 American born players in their rotation. I'm sorry but that bothers me. We have plenty of guys here to stock the nba.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
t-gator;n3419 said:
I can honestly respect your opinion atleast you can come out and say it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Swamp Queen;n3437 said:

thanks for proving my point, you only watched because your pulling against the heat it has nothing to do with the spurs. And what is so retarded about my comment? The spurs only have 2 American born players in their rotation. I'm sorry but that bothers me. We have plenty of guys here to stock the nba.
I don't have a problem with international players. In fact, they seem to be much better at the fundamentals than our players over here. The NBA has gotten to be too much about entertainment and not enough about solid basketball. I think the Europeans add some of that back to the mix.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n3453 said:

rolleyes.gif

So I can't watch games because I was pulling against the Heat? Or I'm just not allowed to comment because I was pulling against the Heat? And really, because a team has foreign players that means it's Un-American to cheer for them? Give me a break. That is asinine and silly. Tim Duncan is one of the greatest players to play in the NBA, and he's extremely classy and humble. I'll cheer for that guy all day long!

I used to be a huge NBA fan, but I just find it completely unwatchable now.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T, you are making the most retarded argument I have ever seen to not like a team. :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Duncan is the best thing for the sport right now. While I believe that Jordan was the GOAT (and it's not even close), I think isolation basketball (that he was largely responsible for) really damaged the sport. Basically the new crop of players and schemes all involved isolation and it slowed the game down and made it more about the players than the teams. I like the Spurs because they are the antithesis to that. Similar to the Phoenix ran a couple years back and the Mavericks as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb