NBA Finals

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Imagine if Green doesn't get the "accumulation" suspension for Game 5 in 2016 and we're likely staring at 4 straight. Outside of the bay area, would people even be watching at this point?

And yes, I hate the Durant addition. That Warriors team had a solid team that seemed to grow into a beast, the right way. Adding KD just kills that.

Game 1 Warriors - Rockets set an all time TNT audience record. More and more teams are playing very team oriented, ball movement basketball. Warriors are incredible with ball movement. Harden dribbled 550 times in game 1 while Steph, Klay, and KD dribbled 549 times combined. Magic and Bird brought the NBA back from the brink with this type of ball sharing. Fans are excited to watch this kind of approach. Celtics are awesome at it as well. Lebron scored 42 but had 12 assists and is often criticized for his pass first mentality.

As far as KD goes there are many teams adding multiple all stars. For many it does not work.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Barnes being garbage that entire series didn't help either.

And you'll get no argument from me that James is the best overall player in the game. But if he were to not win another title, it would be worth mentioning that 2 of his 3 rings were almost directly tied to a controversial suspension and a Ray Allen three.
Yup, I think he needs one more Chip to make a very strong argument of being the GOAT. His playoff records such as scoring, assists, most games with X points, X assists, playoff triple doubles, etc are going to be untouchable in aggregate, but another championship, especially with a 3rd different team would be hard to deny as probably the greatest NBA career of all time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Game 1 Warriors - Rockets set an all time TNT audience record. More and more teams are playing very team oriented, ball movement basketball. Warriors are incredible with ball movement. Harden dribbled 550 times in game 1 while Steph, Klay, and KD dribbled 549 times combined. Magic and Bird brought the NBA back from the brink with this type of ball sharing. Fans are excited to watch this kind of approach. Celtics are awesome at it as well. Lebron scored 42 but had 12 assists and is often criticized for his pass first mentality.

As far as KD goes there are many teams adding multiple all stars. For many it does not work.

Yeah, that wasn't designed to really question the attendance or actual interest in the game. I was commenting on La's post regarding the Warriors and the fact that they're that much better than everyone else. It does kind of dampen things when you practically know the outcome before the game even starts. As he pointed out, that likely will take its toll. But I'm not debating their style of play. I wasn't a Spurs fan per se, but did enjoy watching them when they were very similar a few years ago.

That Harden stat is insane.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yup, I think he needs one more Chip to make a very strong argument of being the GOAT. His playoff records such as scoring, assists, most games with X points, X assists, playoff triple doubles, etc are going to be untouchable in aggregate, but another championship, especially with a 3rd different team would be hard to deny as probably the greatest NBA career of all time.
Lol

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Celts' swarming defense completely bottled up the Cavs in the first two games.

A do or die game for LeBron at home this evening. I look for a lot of output from #23, which may or may not overcome for the fact that Boston has conceded on James getting his points.

It's the lack of production from the other guys that's killing Cleveland's chances.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Celts' swarming defense completely bottled up the Cavs in the first two games.

A do or die game for LeBron at home this evening. I look for a lot of output from #23, which may or may not overcome for the fact that Boston has conceded on James getting his points.

It's the lack of production from the other guys that's killing Cleveland's chances.

Well the defense has been “swarming” .......but the real truth is the Cavs are not a very good team. You have Lebron. Then a wildly inconsistent Love. Korver and JR are just spot up shooters and JR has been horrible. Thompson also very inconsistent. The rest are barely serviceable backups. Lebron had an insane season but there just isn’t enough support. That said I think they get one at home at the least.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well the defense has been “swarming” .......but the real truth is the Cavs are not a very good team. You have Lebron. Then a wildly inconsistent Love. Korver and JR are just spot up shooters and JR has been horrible. Thompson also very inconsistent. The rest are barely serviceable backups. Lebron had an insane season but there just isn’t enough support. That said I think they get one at home at the least.
My guess is the mercenary leaves Cleveland after the season.

Rockets
Sixers
Lakers

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LeBron with the backdoor reverse windmill. Cavs laying the wood to the Celts late in the third.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect the Sixers. Good fit there not so good in Houston. LA is best for his business interests but I just think it will be Philly.
You may be right. The Lakers are said to be interested in Kawhi Leonard.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
GS was simply awesome tonight. Curry came alive in the 3rd qtr. 41 pt blowout!

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Watched the BOS/CLE game last night. I don't think I've ever seen an NBA game where a team missed that many layups or dunks. Painful....

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watched the BOS/CLE game last night. I don't think I've ever seen an NBA game where a team missed that many layups or dunks. Painful....
And then you add all the blocked shots Cleveland had right at the rim.... how many did they have? It was painful.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
These conference finals have been unwatchable.

For me I think it depends on 2 things....whether or not teams you like are playing and how much of a basketball junkie you are.

I haven’t missed one minute of the conference finals. I’ve enjoyed every game. But I like 3 of the 4 teams (can’t stand Houston).

I love the style of play....extreme ball movement. Even with all the points Lebron has piled up he prefers to pass. He took just 12 shots in game 3. Warriors and Celtics play the game the way it should be played.

It has been very entertaining for me and I think the finals will be even better.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
For me I think it depends on 2 things....whether or not teams you like are playing and how much of a basketball junkie you are.

I haven’t missed one minute of the conference finals. I’ve enjoyed every game. But I like 3 of the 4 teams (can’t stand Houston).

I love the style of play....extreme ball movement. Even with all the points Lebron has piled up he prefers to pass. He took just 12 shots in game 3. Warriors and Celtics play the game the way it should be played.

It has been very entertaining for me and I think the finals will be even better.

I grew up a lakers fan, but the star favoritism from refs drove me away. Thankfully, that isn't as bad as in the past. I don't have a favorite any more. I just want good games. I like watching the celtics, rockets, and warriors. Not a single game has been competitive yet in either series. As far as the finals, west in 5. It will be horribly ugly.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yuge come-from-behind win on the road for the Rockets last night. Series knotted 2-2.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Yuge come-from-behind win on the road for the Rockets last night. Series knotted 2-2.

Their defense was better than I have ever seen them other than the first 4 minutes of the game and the 2nd half of the 3rd qtr. They were running shooters off the line and really switching well. GS strangely reverted to a lot of ISO basketball in the 4th which is rare for them.

All that said Klay was held by Ariza on that last shot. If he gets the call and knocks down both FT’s....it goes to overtime.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CLE's backcourt is simply awful. Hill & Smith both made exactly one FG each last night.
Unlike the Western Finals, where each team has won on the road, this one has been a decidedly home-court series. Look for LeBron to come up big in Game 6 in Cleveland and force Game 7 in Boston.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.