NBA Finals

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
CLE's backcourt is simply awful. Hill & Smith both made exactly one FG each last night.

So true....3 of the Cav’s starters barely scored. Just awful. Cleveland just isn’t a real good team.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Unlike the Western Finals, where each team has won on the road, this one has been a decidedly home-court series. Look for LeBron to come up big in Game 6 in Cleveland and force Game 7 in Boston.

I agree. Lebron looked tired. he led the league in minutes played and now leads the Playoffs in minutes played. The 2 days off will help him and he will probably have a monster game. But if the others can’t produce the Celtics might be finally able to win one on the road. I doubt it though. I see a game 7.

Warriors will have Klay and Iggy out next game in Houston. That could mean trouble for the Warriors.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I agree. Lebron looked tired. he led the league in minutes played and now leads the Playoffs in minutes played......

He also leads the league in the number of minutes spent recovering in a hyperbaric chamber. But I digress....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He also leads the league in the number of minutes spent recovering in a hyperbaric chamber. But I digress....
Seriously, does he Michael Jackson out in one of those?

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
So true....3 of the Cav’s starters barely scored. Just awful. Cleveland just isn’t a real good team.

But is not Lebron the defacto General Manager of this club? It certainly appears that the roster was constructed according to his specifications.

The narrative sets up perfectly for him. If they make it to the Finals and lose, his heroic performance has led a historically bad team to unexpected heights. If they somehow manage to win he will be seen as taking the worst team ever to an NBA title. Either way he wins the PR battle.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Game 5 is a must win for Golden State.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Game 5 is a must win for Golden State.
You could argue it's more of a must win for the Rockets. Lose and you have to go win one on the road.

The Celtics handled the same pressure beautifully last night.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You could argue it's more of a must win for the Rockets. Lose and you have to go win one on the road.

The Celtics handled the same pressure beautifully last night.
Yes, If the Warriors lose tonight, I think they’ll lose Game 7.

Different than the Celtics, they aren’t winning in Cleveland but Lebron will come to play in Game 7 in Boston and might actually pull it off.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, If the Warriors lose tonight, I think they’ll lose Game 7.

Different than the Celtics, they aren’t winning in Cleveland but Lebron will come to play in Game 7 in Boston and might actually pull it off.
A Game 7 in Boston would be closer than Game 5, but I don't think LeBron can overcome the Celtics' tremendous team defense.

I'm going with my original prediction of Houston and Boston in the Finals.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’m not a Lebron apologist. Even when he was on my Heat I was a Wade guy. But I have to acknowledge the insane level he has played this year.

I dont care who constructed this team. It is not a good team. If he takes them to the finals...much less win it....it will be one hell of an accomplishment. The Celtics are not some easy eastern conference team. They are legit. They will give GS or Houston all they can handle.

BTW i actually thought they didn’t play again until Saturday.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not a Lebron apologist. Even when he was on my Heat I was a Wade guy. But I have to acknowledge the insane level he has played this year.

I dont care who constructed this team. It is not a good team. If he takes them to the finals...much less win it....it will be one hell of an accomplishment. The Celtics are not some easy eastern conference team. They are legit. They will give GS or Houston all they can handle.

BTW i actually thought they didn’t play again until Saturday.

Cleveland would get annihilated by GSW or Houston.

The WCF is the de facto championship imo.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There have been some bs calls against the Rockets tonight.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
HOU has played some gritty tough basketball. GS hasn't played well at the end of games, poor D, sloppy with the ball handling, missing open shots.

The 4th qtr game 4 choke by GS will define this series barring a miracle....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And Paul goes down with a hammie. Although this graphic points to Houston being better with just Harden on the floor.

fbd255194df0a84ecaa427c6b77d308b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb