NBA Finals

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This one's grinding to a close. LeBron within three assists of a triple double.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely not the kind of ending Boston wanted where it comes down a few critical possession and players who can make plays. Cleveland has the best player in the league.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Will the Worriors lose a single game to either of these teams? I'd rather see Houston go, but I can't see them getting it done.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fat chance the Celts are erasing this deficit with LeBron on the floor.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Celtics' backcourt quiet all game long.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, If the Warriors lose tonight, I think they’ll lose Game 7.

Different than the Celtics, they aren’t winning in Cleveland but Lebron will come to play in Game 7 in Boston and might actually pull it off.
Nailed it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LeBron's had a terrific game but this more about what the Celtics didn't do than what LeBron did.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Unreal. Just unreal. 35 15 9 on 48 minutes. Houston fans whining about being tired. Lebron played 94 of the last 96 minutes. The Cavs only had 35 bench minutes the entire game. Houston had over 60 bench minutes last night. The Rockets are at home. Suck it up and play everyone 40 minutes like the Cavs did. Every starter played at least 35 minutes and 3 over 40. No time to rest now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stevens has run into the same problem as Thibodeau did with the Bulls behind Rose, Deng and Noah a few seasons back. Great team defense will take you only so far. You need guys who can post it up, score off the dribble and make outside shots.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
LeBron's had a terrific game but this more about what the Celtics didn't do than what LeBron did.

I really respect what Lebron did tonight. Against all expectations he didn’t try to come out and just force his domination. He let the game come to him and despite missing out on about 6-8 early assists due to wide open misses he kept trying to get his teammates involved. It paid off. This was a team win with Lebron as the conductor.

A ton of credit to Jeff Green. His 19 and 8 were critical with only 5 Cavs bench points.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stevens has run into the same problem as Thibodeau did with the Bulls behind Rose, Deng and Noah a few seasons back. Great team defense will take you only so far. You need guys who can post it up, score off the dribble and make outside shots.
Boston needed to stop chucking up 3s. They would have won by 10 if they had.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8 straight Finals. Wow. If he wins the championship this year I think he’s neck and neck with MJ.

The only reason I’ve had MJ over Lebron is that MJ demanded excellence from his teammates and they was so dominant that teammates laid it all out and played beyond their skill level for him. Hell, GP asked for his autograph during the finals.

But from a production standpoint, if Lebron wins it this year I think he may pass Jordan in on court production.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Jayson can do that. He’s just 20. He’ll be one of the top 5 players in the next couple years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LeBron is a great player and this just adds to it. Cleveland likely won't win a title but they won't be swept either. He'll will them to one or two wins, maybe more. No one has an answer for his physical presence.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
8 straight Finals. Wow. If he wins the championship this year I think he’s neck and neck with MJ.

The only reason I’ve had MJ over Lebron is that MJ demanded excellence from his teammates and they was so dominant that teammates laid it all out and played beyond their skill level for him. Hell, GP asked for his autograph during the finals.

But from a production standpoint, if Lebron wins it this year I think he may pass Jordan in on court production.

They have an outside chance if they play the Rockets. No chance against the Warriors. They just cant match up.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Except Michael won a title and series MVP in every Finals trip. No one has come close to equaling what he did in the Finals.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To be up 3-2 with a G7 at home and come away empty handed has to feel crushing for the Celtics.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MJ>bron forever. Nothing Bron can do to even it up. Ever. This watered down NBA is a joke.

Stevens is one of the best coaches in all of sports. Dude is missing how many studs to injury?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Except Michael won a title and series MVP in every Finals trip. No one has come close to equaling what he did in the Finals.

I’m stil an MJ guy for GOAT but with the gap closing. But...every year he had the best team in the league he won the championship. Every year he didn’t....he didn’t make it to the finals. Lebron lost at least one finals where he had the better team (Mavs). But he has taken teams to the finals that had no business being there....including this one.

I usually stay out out of the whole GOAT thing. I just enjoy watching them play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.