NBA Finals

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
KD tore that Achilles.

TOR lost that game more than GS won it. Good defense by GS in the final seconds.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
KD just lost a ton of money. Maybe resign with GS for one more year, try to come back in 9 months...then next summer will be huge for him.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Sucks that this happened on a fa year, but shouldn't we assume he has a lucrative insurance payoff coming?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He probably came back to soon but he actually was playing pretty good and then his Achilles gave out. Now he probably won't sign anywhere with this major injury so this wrecks the prospects of the teams trying to get him and trying to pair him with another star like Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irving.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This will go to a game 7, but toronto will prevail. Then all the cali cucks and all the bandwagon fans will scream asterisk for the next 12 months. Ive got a extreme bandwagoneer in my office. He never ceases to jump on whatever team is hot and act like hes been a huge fan for life. 6 years ago he was the biggest OKC homer. Then "poof" one day he shows up all "warriors baby!!!"

I pissed him off this morning. He was walking around crowing about the W and i reminded him that it took life support and 4 superstars to barely win 1 game against 1 guy and a supporting cast of mostly unknowns. I absolutely detest bandwagon fans.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Related note: I miss when sports channel broadcast actual sports events and highlights and not an endless presentation of talking heads opining on medical conditions of which they have ZERO expertise.

I get the significance of KD's injury, but the speculation and opinions have become excessive IMO.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The worst thing that could've happened to the Raptors was taking that lead late and even going up by 6. If they'd just consistently trailed by 3-12 points and came up short, oh well. Still sucks, but you can rationalize that GS was just incredible from 3 and you still have the clear psychological advantage. Once that happened, then they allowed the Warriors to regain the lead despite another over-and-back, a basket interference call and a moving screen, and then bricked a chance at the win to finish, I think the mental hangover from last night could be too much to overcome. There are close losses that are worse than blowouts, and I think this was one of them.

Side note: If you asked Tim Duncan, throughout his entire career he may have committed 5-6 actual fouls. The rest were just great defense and bad calls. Kyle Lowry is officially the new Tim Duncan(minus the talent and angled glass-shot). I've never seen anyone protest as much as he does on virtually every play. Just randomly taking issue with everything. And is it me or is he the least fit non-bigman in the NBA? Guy looks like he spends the offseason with McElwain's S&C guy.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The worst thing that could've happened to the Raptors was taking that lead late and even going up by 6. If they'd just consistently trailed by 3-12 points and came up short, oh well. Still sucks, but you can rationalize that GS was just incredible from 3 and you still have the clear psychological advantage. Once that happened, then they allowed the Warriors to regain the lead despite another over-and-back, a basket interference call and a moving screen, and then bricked a chance at the win to finish, I think the mental hangover from last night could be too much to overcome. There are close losses that are worse than blowouts, and I think this was one of them.

Side note: If you asked Tim Duncan, throughout his entire career he may have committed 5-6 actual fouls. The rest were just great defense and bad calls. Kyle Lowry is officially the new Tim Duncan(minus the talent and angled glass-shot). I've never seen anyone protest as much as he does on virtually every play. Just randomly taking issue with everything. And is it me or is he the least fit non-bigman in the NBA? Guy looks like he spends the offseason with McElwain's S&C guy.

He was quite the one hit wonder at Nova, and has had a solid career for north of a decade.
But yeah by the looks of it he sucks down a poutine with extra gravy for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
this is your take? while draymond greene is on the same floor? you gotta be fuggin kidding...

To clarify, I'm talking quantity, not severity.

No question, when Green gets called for a foul he disagrees with, he's the worst on the floor, probably the NBA, and it wouldn't shock me if his antics, and subsequent suspension, cost his team a second title in 4 years. But it's not every single call and there are times when he accepts the verdict.

So no, Lowry is nothing like him in terms of childish implosions. Neither was Duncan, my original comparison. It's just that he seems to have a problem with every foul, or thinks that every opposing score is due to something questionable. In game 1 for instance, after Curry gets a layup, he's the only Raptor insisting that he'd traveled. The rest of the team is running the floor to get the offense set, the crowd is silent, and he's protesting. I find it more funny than anything else. To me, he's like the WR's who insist there should be a PI flag on every play.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I absolutely detest bandwagon fans.
I'm with you on this one. I always wonder how they get any real enjoyment when their newfound team wins. I've been a Capitals fan since the franchise started in the mid 70s and was awful for a long time. Even when they became good they could never seem to make it past the second round. Before last season, the Caps made it to one Stanley Cup final (where they got swept) in 42 seasons! So last season when they finally put it all together and won the cup, it was incredible for long time fans. The rest of the family was at the in-laws in Florida, so I'm by myself in my basement watching the clinching game on the big screen and absolutely yelling my head off, and pounding on a wood pillar. It was pure joy. How can bandwagon fans ever really get that feeling?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
KD goes down and will miss next season.

Klay goes down and will miss at least half of next season and will take the entire year to get back to 100%

Who gives a shyte about the raptors title after seeing all the injuries the warriors suffered? Wish Klay and KD speedy recoveries.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
KD goes down and will miss next season.

Klay goes down and will miss at least half of next season and will take the entire year to get back to 100%

Who gives a shyte about the raptors title after seeing all the injuries the warriors suffered? Wish Klay and KD speedy recoveries.
Missed end of game. Was the injury he has to recover from incurred when he came back to shoot the free throws?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.