NBA Finals

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Yes. You could see the ACL go in the video. :eek3:
The Warriors staff definitely did the right thing by taking Klay Thompson out of the game after the free throws. Not sure what Steve Kerr was thinking when he left Klay in the game after the FT rather than taking him out after the 2nd attempt. Instead, they were forced to foul, giving Toronto 2 attempts at the FT line.:scratchhead:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
c33876db0b21c5f1e94c1d69a0552f07.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
@Ancient Reptile

I misread your post. The injury happened on the foul. They took him into the locker room, but told him if he didn’t shoot the free throws, he wouldn’t be allowed back in the game. So, he fought through the pain and came back out for the free throws in case he was cleared after being examined.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
@Ancient Reptile

I misread your post. The injury happened on the foul. They took him into the locker room, but told him if he didn’t shoot the free throws, he wouldn’t be allowed back in the game. So, he fought through the pain and came back out for the free throws in case he was cleared after being examined.
I think you understood. I saw that. Just wondered if he had shot the free throws with a season ending injury. Thanks again.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Klay knew when it happened. What does GS do now? Free agency just got shuffled up a bit. Durant is gonna be 32 before he plays his next season. Not sure how you give him a max deal at 32 coming off an achilles. Hell no.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Toronto got their title but at what cost? It seems they'll lose their gm and best player. Green and Gasol are probably gone. Siakam will probably be gone the following season. They will be bottom feeders for years to come. Would you really take a title if you knew your team would suck for the next 7-10 years?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Toronto got their title but at what cost? It seems they'll lose their gm and best player. Green and Gasol are probably gone. Siakam will probably be gone the following season. They will be bottom feeders for years to come. Would you really take a title if you knew your team would suck for the next 7-10 years?
As opposed to being a mediocre team for eternity? Yes

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Well, this is certainly the right crowd to be answering that question.

Also, does it HAVE to be a full 10 years? Isn’t 9 enough?

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Well, this is certainly the right crowd to be answering that question.

I think it is an interesting question. We've been irrelevant for a decade now. As a gator fan, would you

1. Sell everything to win a title next season (It is what Toronto did). But, all those assets are gone after the season. We'll suck another 10 years.

2. Keep a team together, compete, and try to add pieces here and there in the hopes of winning a title. The important thing is, you stay competitive. There's at least something to root for.

In 2 years, everyone who is congratulating Toronto will be laughing at how bad they are.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is an interesting question. We've been irrelevant for a decade now. As a gator fan, would you

1. Sell everything to win a title next season (It is what Toronto did). But, all those assets are gone after the season. We'll suck another 10 years.

2. Keep a team together, compete, and try to add pieces here and there in the hopes of winning a title. The important thing is, you stay competitive. There's at least something to root for.

In 2 years, everyone who is congratulating Toronto will be laughing at how bad they are.
How is that any different than Miami, Cleveland, LA, etc?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
No brainer; you bet your azz I would. (But then I am Wizards fan and we haven't won a title since the 70s.....)

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Since when did the “pivot, side step, jump back, jump shot” not be called a travel?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
LMAO...the Bullets!!! Of course! Why didn't you say so?
We're not allowed to use that word anymore........hurts too many feelings.

Side story - As a kid I used to collect pennants and had one for the Bullets. My son was thrilled when he came across it in a box in the basement. He thought it was hilarious and it now hangs proudly in his room.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016

It''s the NBA. Who watches it now the way we all watched it back in the 80's and 90's? Not one person even cared about Boston winning 16 titles until they won another title 22 years later.
Now if I'm a Raptors fan, I sure accept the title even if they sucked for the 10-12 years. It seems every team in the NBA has down years in what seems to run in cycles. Who would have thought we would see the Clippers in the playoffs consistently? They sucked forever.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
We're not allowed to use that word anymore........hurts too many feelings.

Side story - As a kid I used to collect pennants and had one for the Bullets. My son was thrilled when he came across it in a box in the basement. He thought it was hilarious and it now hangs proudly in his room.
How is it that in DC, they were able to get rid of the name Bullets but can't rid of the Redskins name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb