NC outright winner

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Not trying to jump the gun or personally jinx myself. But, I have to post this because I have never seen anything like it. Given, there was help with the OK loss, but prior to our game at SC, Vegas had us at 44000 odds to win it all. 2 days ago it had dropped the whole way to 6500. We currently sit at 3000 odds to take it within days.

A big takeaway from this to me is let the public bring the line up for Jax (6.5). Future plays on the title favoring us by a large margin and UGAy going from 750 to 1500 this week tells a different story about what Vegas really thinks.

obviously... just win. Get that. Vegas doesn’t think like that though. It’s better than any poll IMO.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
3 consecutive games against 3 of the top 4 ranked teams in the country.

Those are slim odds for anyone.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I mean, that is how every team essentially has to do it... certainly in the sec. It's the playoff.

Yes. Bama has lost 2 NC games to Clemson in the last 3 years. The prior year when bama won it, they didn't play in the conference championship game.

None of the other P5 conferences will play a top 5 opponent in their conference championship game, then have to win the next 2 games against 2 of the top 4 teams in the country.

So when I say pretty slim odds, in fact, it is. Hasn't happened once in the last 3 years.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Yes. Bama has lost 2 NC games to Clemson in the last 3 years. The prior year when bama won it, they didn't play in the conference championship game.

None of the other P5 conferences will play a top 5 opponent in their conference championship game, then have to win the next 2 games against 2 of the top 4 teams in the country.

So when I say pretty slim odds, in fact, it is. Hasn't happened once in the last 3 years.
Considering the SEC is most likely the only conference that it could or would happen for, the odds aren’t as impossible as you make it sound. There really isn’t enough of a sample size. Sure, beating the best teams multiple weeks in a row is a challenge. That’s exactly why those who do are national champions.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Not trying to jump the gun or personally jinx myself. But, I have to post this because I have never seen anything like it. Given, there was help with the OK loss, but prior to our game at SC, Vegas had us at 44000 odds to win it all. 2 days ago it had dropped the whole way to 6500. We currently sit at 3000 odds to take it within days.

A big takeaway from this to me is let the public bring the line up for Jax (6.5). Future plays on the title favoring us by a large margin and UGAy going from 750 to 1500 this week tells a different story about what Vegas really thinks.

obviously... just win. Get that. Vegas doesn’t think like that though. It’s better than any poll IMO.

Damn, 44,000 to 1 just a few weeks ago? Had I known that, I probably would have flown to Vegas and put down $1,000 or at least $100. Crazy odds like that for a team playing pretty good don’t come around that often. When they do you need to jump quickly. Heck, even 6500 to 1 warrants taking a flyer. Are you sure about those odds?

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Damn, 44,000 to 1 just a few weeks ago? Had I known that, I probably would have flown to Vegas and put down $1,000 or at least $100. Crazy odds like that for a team playing pretty good don’t come around that often. When they do you need to jump quickly. Heck, even 6500 to 1 warrants taking a flyer. Are you sure about those odds?

I could screen shot my plays, but take my word for it. Have one of each. Did not play the 3000 odds. We currently sit at 3500. 44000 was placed on 10/16. The reason for my OP. I’ve literally never seen a drop that drastic, that quick.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I could screen shot my plays, but take my word for it. Have one of each. Did not play the 3000 odds. We currently sit at 3500. 44000 was placed on 10/16. The reason for my OP. I’ve literally never seen a drop that drastic, that quick.

Vegas Insider has us at 40/1 odds. San Diego State and a few others are at 10,000 to 1. Something’s not adding up. What site are you getting this from? Not doubting you but I think we’re talking 2 different things. Good luck on your bets though.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Vegas Insider has us at 40/1 odds. San Diego State and a few others are at 10,000 to 1. Something’s not adding up. What site are you getting this from? Not doubting you but I think we’re talking 2 different things. Good luck on your bets though.
Yeah definitely not adding up when we aren’t on the same page. Sorry for the confusion. My numbers were not fractional like yours. The current 3500 I see equates to 35/1. So your odds at 40/1 or 4000 is the better take.
Lord. 44000/1. FSU maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator