NCAA announces all athletes can make money

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That’s actually a result of the NFL’s outdated 3 year rule. No kid should be forced to play a physical, at times violent game, for a year or at all if they feel they’re good enough to get paid. If they value the development they’ll receive for free in their collegiate career, then that just adds to the actual compensation they’re already getting. If they feel they don’t need that and are ready, it’s probably a mistake, but I’d say go ahead. I’d rather have a player completely skip UF than play half hearted and concerned for his future every snap.
:exactly: when our resident pyro-maniac iggles fan is right, he is right.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Uh...this sure reads a lot like you are saying a reason they shouldn't get paid is they are too stupid to deserve it.
I’m saying they shouldn’t be allowed into any university if they have the bar lowered. Really has nothing to do with NIL. They issue with NIL is that without college sports most would have a much lower celebrity and not garner endorsements.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I’m saying they shouldn’t be allowed into any university if they have the bar lowered. Really has nothing to do with NIL. They issue with NIL is that without college sports most would have a much lower celebrity and not garner endorsements.

Ok

Now you are going to be giving a bunch of ignorant sh1theads a bunch of money, and say "go represent our school". Exactly how many kids are going to try to parlay these new gains into seed money for guns and drugs. Over half the football players probably smoke dope now, can't wait for them to start selling now too.

Most are dumb and will remain dumb. Anything they make will be frittered away. They will not get out of the ghetto.

hell, look at Reche Caldwell. Caught up dealing after being in the league so long. Just another dumb dumb

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
UF is getting left out because UF is staying out. You are making up dumbfuch ratios as if they mean something. 80/20 to 90/10...geesh, stop making stuff up to try and justify your wrongness. I couldn't care less about UL Monroe being left out on the college football landscape. I would rather see the SEC and other P5 teams get stronger and keep those players longer. So, yeah...College Football will get way better.

laughing.gif

You should take this personally. You're an idiot.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
a) So kids that can make millions in the NFL we stay in college for endorsement payments?

b) UF won't take advantage of the opportunity. Everybody knows that.
How many kids do you think will be making millions as college players?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
How many kids do you think will be making millions as college players?
Don't know, don't care. Pretty sure they can get more money in the NFL, though.

My concern are the recruits that get more money to go to Bama, Georgia, FSU, Miami.
If I thought UF would win any of the bidding wars I'd be happy. But we all know we won't.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Don't know, don't care. Pretty sure they can get more money in the NFL, though.

My concern are the recruits that get more money to go to Bama, Georgia, FSU, Miami.
If I thought UF would win any of the bidding wars I'd be happy. But we all know we won't.

There is no bidding war for recruits. Its for players. Im not naive either but keep in mind that this might have the exact opposite effect than what you are thinking. If you are a big time recruit going to a team full of big time recruits your chances of making $ from your NIL could be less than if you went to a big school with less stars. I think the law of saturation will apply more than the way you think it will happen.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
There is no bidding war for recruits. Its for players. Im not naive either but keep in mind that this might have the exact opposite effect than what you are thinking. If you are a big time recruit going to a team full of big time recruits your chances of making $ from your NIL could be less than if you went to a big school with less stars. I think the law of saturation will apply more than the way you think it will happen.
I have a confession. I don't really read anything you write. Working in IT I imagine your day is filled with googling for answers to questions and ogling the vaguely masculine looking emo girl in accounting. Google, ogle, google, ogle. This is your day. Google, ogle. In short, you should leave opinions about the business of commerce to the professionals.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I have a confession. I don't really read anything you write. Working in IT I imagine your day is filled with googling for answers to questions and ogling the vaguely masculine looking emo girl in accounting. Google, ogle, google, ogle. This is your day. Google, ogle. In short, you should leave opinions about the business of commerce to the professionals.

Is that all you got? That is the stupidest attempt of internet putdown in a long time. Geesh you are a dumbfuch.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is that all you got? That is the stupidest attempt of internet putdown in a long time. Geesh you are a dumbfuch.
Come on man, you gotta give the brotha credit.

What is the masculine chick's name? Pat?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Come on man, you gotta give the brotha credit.

What is the masculine chick's name? Pat?

It hilarious. His reply signaled only one thing to me...he reads everything I write and he googles everything. People always accuse others of the things they actually do themselves.
200.gif

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Like Jimbo said, the NIL isn't going to be equal. If you guys think that Saban, Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma, and A&M won't be able to stock pile talent due to every player not getting a huge deal I believe you will be disappointed. As you can already see Saban is ahead of the game while the other top tier programs are sure to catch up.

If I knew that I could make close to a million for starting one or two years at Bama, I would happily accept chump change for a couple of years knowing that I'll be guaranteed at the minimum one national championship, a playoff appearance every year, SEC championship, and a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.

But that's just me, who knows how this will play out.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Can we get kiffin here? I used to think he was a prick. Now, I kinda like the mother****er. We'd probably get similar results but atleast he says some funny shcit sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator