NCAA announces all athletes can make money

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That’s actually a result of the NFL’s outdated 3 year rule. No kid should be forced to play a physical, at times violent game, for a year or at all if they feel they’re good enough to get paid. If they value the development they’ll receive for free in their collegiate career, then that just adds to the actual compensation they’re already getting. If they feel they don’t need that and are ready, it’s probably a mistake, but I’d say go ahead. I’d rather have a player completely skip UF than play half hearted and concerned for his future every snap.
Not me. I'd rather have Kyle pitts strolling around on the field in a wheel chair then have gamble out there

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
You know, being a free market capitalist, I actually think the NIL ruling is a good idea. Even college students should be able to make money. However, to preserve the sanctity of college sports and in particular revenue positive sports, I propose the following. 1. Absolutely no contact by any representative of a college or university (including athletic staff, alumni, boosters, or anyone known to root for that institution) with anyone not already admitted to said institution solely based on academic credentials. 2. Scholarships and fiducial recompense be limited to the difference between the actual cost of education (tuition, fees, books, food and rent) and any moneys acquired by the student athlete derived from notoriety gained from association with the institution. 3. Participation in competition by opposing institutions' team members shall be limited to those players who meet the most stringent academic standards of the institutions in the competition.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You know, being a free market capitalist, I actually think the NIL ruling is a good idea. Even college students should be able to make money. However, to preserve the sanctity of college sports and in particular revenue positive sports, I propose the following. 1. Absolutely no contact by any representative of a college or university (including athletic staff, alumni, boosters, or anyone known to root for that institution) with anyone not already admitted to said institution solely based on academic credentials. 2. Scholarships and fiducial recompense be limited to the difference between the actual cost of education (tuition, fees, books, food and rent) and any moneys acquired by the student athlete derived from notoriety gained from association with the institution. 3. Participation in competition by opposing institutions' team members shall be limited to those players who meet the most stringent academic standards of the institutions in the competition.

I didnt know Dr Fuchs posted here.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I think that the bigger the city, the bigger the market, and the bigger the potential NIL income for the players. Chip Kelly is sitting on a gold mine.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And he will keep sitting.

I suspect you would struggle to find 1% of the LA population who knows the name of a UCLA football player.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How would 1 % of the LA population compare with the entire population of Gainesville? or Starkeville?
The market is Orlando, Tampa and Jax and the rest of Gatornation.

UCLA is a large school... full of people who couldnt care less about ollege football.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The market is Orlando, Tampa and Jax and the rest of Gatornation.

UCLA is a large school... full of people who couldnt care less about ollege football.
Mebbe. Think you overestimate Orlando and Tampa's interest and underestimate what the West Coast media could do for a charismatic football player.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not me. I'd rather have Kyle pitts strolling around on the field in a wheel chair then have gamble out there

That's because he was a mismatch for defenders. But those defenders that he faced were often in the same position of going to college basically to bide their time until the NFL as well. It's all relative. I forget who it was, but someone kept talking about watching Div-2 football last year to avoid some of the political garbage and really getting into it. When you see guys at that level playing against other guys at that level, it's still entertaining. That's what would happen. We'd be playing guys that are a step slower, not as athletic, etc., but they'd be facing defenders of the same caliber.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mebbe. Think you overestimate Orlando and Tampa's interest and underestimate what the West Coast media could do for a charismatic football player.

If you're a business owner in LA, you are advertising with USC players. Nobody cares about the Bruins and their homo coach playing a game that very few are watching.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
If you're a business owner in LA, you are advertising with USC players. Nobody cares about the Bruins and their homo coach playing a game that very few are watching.
My real point was the LA market. The Chip Kelly remark was a throw-away. It really triggered you guys.
I know nothing about how the population views the two schools and care very little. I do wonder how a large public university known for athletics, academics, and hot cheerleaders can be totally ignored.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
My real point was the LA market. The Chip Kelly remark was a throw-away. It really triggered you guys.
I know nothing about how the population views the two schools and care very little. I do wonder how a large public university known for athletics, academics, and hot cheerleaders can be totally ignored.
Nobody cares about either of those programs out here. A few feign interest in USC. UCLA football is invisible.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I'd take kiffin over mullen in a nanosecond. The dude is twice the offensive mind Dullen is, actually throws the freaking ball and doesn't use his qb as the entire running game. On top of that the dude can recruit and is at least hungry to win. Give kiffy Florida talent and a solid defensive coordinator and he's winning a lot of games.

You could probably say the same about dumbass Dan, but he doesn't want any Florida talent, or a solid d coordinator. Only thing mullen wants to do is take a break.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I'd take kiffin over mullen in a nanosecond. The dude is twice the offensive mind Dullen is, actually throws the freaking ball and doesn't use his qb as the entire running game. On top of that the dude can recruit and is at least hungry to win. Give kiffy Florida talent and a solid defensive coordinator and he's winning a lot of games. You could probably say the same about dumbass Dan, but he doesn't want any Florida talent, or a solid d coordinator.

Only thing mullen is amped to do is take a break.
Mullen is mediocre and has hit his ceiling, but Kiffen sucks out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator