NCAA eliminates football signing class restrictions for two years

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Should be permanent due to the transfer portal. Just make the cap 85 total.

Also the way BN has been recruiting, it may seem like he knew this change was coming(?).

Personally, I think eliminating the limit on schollys will mean the premier schools will get MORE of the top recruits, thus increasing their strangle hold on conferences and any semblance of parity. I can only hope UF has done what is necessary to position themselves to be in the group of schools able to snap up these recruits.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Napier had to have known something was up with this. He never seemed too worried about it. It will give him time to trim the excess, so to speak, on what he has. Right now he needs bodies, so it gives him some time. He for sure seems to know what is going on and for once in a damn long time is ENGAGED into his job from his former predecessors.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Personally, I think eliminating the limit on schollys will mean the premier schools will get MORE of the top recruits, thus increasing their strangle hold on conferences and any semblance of parity. I can only hope UF has done what is necessary to position themselves to be in the group of schools able to snap up these recruits.
I guess what I was trying to say was eliminate the 25 per class limit, but keep the 85 roster limit. With all the potential transfers, it would be much easier to maintain if you could sign more than 25 in a given class, as long as you stay under the 85 roster cap.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I like this. If you lose a lot to the draft or portal you can make the numbers up. And if you have a strong year...HS players...you take more that year.

I think the SEC Champaignship draws too much money but we now may see 2 from the East or West.

I'd like us to play more SEC games and drop the non-SEC to 2 or less.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So with a tie they go to head to head matchup? And if there wasn’t a head to head?

I think SEC is getting rid of divisions as well. They’ll go to pods.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I don't see how this helps us. Aren't we well over 85 now?

It absolutely helps a coach turnover their roster much faster. Napier can purge the muLLLLLLLen recruits and replace with his own. Meaning, in year 3 he could still be playing with muLLLLLLLen Jr and Seniors versus his own.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Should be permanent due to the transfer portal. Just make the cap 85 total.

Also the way BN has been recruiting, it may seem like he knew this change was coming(?).

I wonder how many teams realize they are now part of a farm system? Every G65 and maybe half the P5 schools will see every decent player level up to a better program.

We really need to be on the up side of that…

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The SEC is not a fan of pods.

I hope Swamp Donkey has a good support group. He lives to talk about counters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator