NCAA Playoff Expansion

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I dont deny that it makes it relevant to win, but it also makes it a penalty too. If somehow we made it into the playoffs last year under this system we would have been penalized for getting to our conf champ game and could have had to play UGA on the road even though we bested them in conf play. We could have been left out of it too while UGA got in. Thats the point Im making by saying its making our conf play meaningless.
We would deserve a penalty for putting up that SEC East Champions poster:headslap:. It doesn't make conference play meaningless at all because you can't win your conference and get a buy if you don't play in the conference CG.

Win your conference then you don't have to be concerned with whining about where you're seeded or who you have to play. It's pretty simple. For the teams that get in without being Power 5 conf champs, just be glad you got in and try not to bltch about who you play, or about crowd noise, or if throwing a shoe is really a penalty would be my advice. The only team with a gripe is the 5th place conference champ because they don't get a buy. Everyone else stfu and be glad you have a shot.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So...taking 2nd place in your division if the team the bested you in conf div play loses gets you a better seed?

Im taking the ridiculousness of last years coaching out of this and being practical. Theres no way a team that made it to the conf champ game should be a lesser seed to a team it bested during the regular season conf play. That is the pure definition of making conf play meaningless.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
That is the only reason they are talking about 12 teams, more money from networks and cities.

Isn't that the way it usually goes? That's why I think it will be a Bid System to jack the money up.

I'd like to them to Form 6 Conferences with Play-Offs. And 2 at large.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So...taking 2nd place in your division if the team the bested you in conf div play loses gets you a better seed?

Im taking the ridiculousness of last years coaching out of this and being practical. Theres no way a team that made it to the conf champ game should be a lesser seed to a team it bested during the regular season conf play. That is the pure definition of making conf play meaningless.
You are complaining about something that didn't happen. What happened last year is we wimpered to a 3 game losing streak to end the season. Are you seriously blitching about how we deserved to be seeded ahead of someone in a fictional 12 team playoff last year? And how about the BCS/playoffs? Didn't Alabama win it a couple of times without winning the SEC? Was that "fair"? Again, who cares where you are seeded if you don't win your conference. You don't deserve to be in anyway.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You are complaining about something that didn't happen. What happened last year is we wimpered to a 3 game losing streak to end the season. Are you seriously blitching about how we deserved to be seeded ahead of someone in a fictional 12 team playoff last year? And how about the BCS/playoffs? Didn't Alabama win it a couple of times without winning the SEC? Was that "fair"? Again, who cares where you are seeded if you don't win your conference. You don't deserve to be in anyway.

Im taking the ridiculousness of last years coaching out of this and being practical.

Im b!tching about the possibility of a team besting another team in conf play yet being left out because they lose in the conf championship game.

Sure, you win your conference and your conference is strong enough to be top 4 G5 then you get a bye the first week. Awesomesauce. You get rest and recovery as well as time to scout that next team. That is meaningful. Not denying that.

But if you get into your conf championship and lose then you are penalized with the possibility that lower teams in the conference jump you in the rankings and competition for the at large spot. So, I am actually most likely b!tching about something that will help Mullens because in the future when we are watching Bama butt rape UGA (again) in the conf championship and we maybe finished 2nd in the east we could be in a better position for the at large pick than UGA.

Thats my point. That is making the conf championship regular season play meaningless.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Im b!tching about the possibility of a team besting another team in conf play yet being left out because they lose in the conf championship game.

Sure, you win your conference and your conference is strong enough to be top 4 G5 then you get a bye the first week. Awesomesauce. You get rest and recovery as well as time to scout that next team. That is meaningful. Not denying that.

But if you get into your conf championship and lose then you are penalized with the possibility that lower teams in the conference jump you in the rankings and competition for the at large spot. So, I am actually most likely b!tching about something that will help Mullens because in the future when we are watching Bama butt rape UGA (again) in the conf championship and we maybe finished 2nd in the east we could be in a better position for the at large pick than UGA.

Thats my point. That is making the conf championship regular season play meaningless.
I see your point but there is never a perfect system. First of all I think 12 is a stupid number. 8 is too logical but money talks I guess. So if they are set on 12 then it would be fairer to scrap the Conf championship games, declare a conference winner the old way with record, head to head, first, second, third tie-breakers, etc. That way everyone would have played the same number of games and the Buys would be that much more meaningful. But that's never going to happen so I go back to my first point of stfu and play if you sneak in with an at large bid.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
And thats my point. We have been slowly moving towards making the regular season conf play watered down. 12 teams is going to make it even closer.

I would rather dump all the new teams in the SEC and keep the legacy teams with a full SEC schedule and declare the winner that way. Make more conferences with less teams.

And F ND.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
An as an expert on sucking, Tijuana knows what he is talking about.
Its seems clear to me you dont understand how a donkey show works.
75e7ad1d1ce659.gif

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Yeah...we do disagree on the point. Because you are wrong. When you take teams into the playoffs that didnt even qualify to play in their conference championship then winning the conference championship loses a lot of meaning. UGA and/or aTm would most likely had gotten into the playoff this year. Duh. Meaningless.

LOL who are you to declare another persons opinion is "wrong"? As others have said while correcting you pompous BS the top four must be conference champs, bingo. Nothing is meaningless about an eleven game playoff to determine a NC based on the field results over a having committee selecting 4 teams based on an eye test, Remember being conference champion is not a requirement for inclusion currently. These 11games would be exciting and relevant unlike us mailing it in to the cotton bowl with several key players sitting it out. I'm done sparring with you it's too easy.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

So using your logic would 3 loss UF have made the 12 team field over 1 loss TA&M? The Gaggies happened to be one of the top teams in the country losing only to Bama in the regular season and would have been a terrific story had they managed to get to the championship game as a rematch. Never forget our rematch with FSUcks to conclude the 96 season.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
We got us a Jimbo Bowdenbastard fan in dis bytch!

LOL no not a fan of Jimbo, any more than a fan of Satan or Kirby yet not so blind as cannot see reality. TA&M has become very relevant under Jimbo's massive contract and by the conclusion of this past year they were a legitimate contender, whether they won the SECW or not. The fact they did not play in the SECCG does not diminish the fact they were a more legitimate participant than was ND.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
No matter what system they use...someone will find fault. The SEC 2nd place team generally can beat most other teams in other conferences...Sometimes even the 3rd.

And look at last year...Not all Conferences even played the same number of games.

I'm no NFL Fan but we all know some teams in weak Conferences make the playoffs while better teams are left out...You play within the system.

As so well put...opinions ARE JUST THAT.

Argue Facts: Present Data...There is a right and a wrong.
Argue Opinion: PROVE your assumption or it's just that OPINION

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So using your logic would 3 loss UF have made the 12 team field over 1 loss TA&M? The Gaggies happened to be one of the top teams in the country losing only to Bama in the regular season and would have been a terrific story had they managed to get to the championship game as a rematch. Never forget our rematch with FSUcks to conclude the 96 season.

No...geesh you're slow, Im using the logic that UGA would have got in and we probably wouldn't have even though we beat them in conf play.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
LOL who are you to declare another persons opinion is "wrong"? As others have said while correcting you pompous BS the top four must be conference champs, bingo. Nothing is meaningless about an eleven game playoff to determine a NC based on the field results over a having committee selecting 4 teams based on an eye test, Remember being conference champion is not a requirement for inclusion currently. These 11games would be exciting and relevant unlike us mailing it in to the cotton bowl with several key players sitting it out. I'm done sparring with you it's too easy.

Because, my point was that making a 12 team playoff that involves adding MORE teams that didnt win their conf championship (furthermore, DIDNT EVEN MAKE THEIR CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME) does nothing but make conference play meaningless.

You are wrong. And you are a twatwaffle.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Because, my point was that making a 12 team playoff that involves adding MORE teams that didnt win their conf championship (furthermore, DIDNT EVEN MAKE THEIR CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME) does nothing but make conference play meaningless.

You are wrong. And you are a twatwaffle.

Wow and you are a 6 YO.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LOL no not a fan of Jimbo, any more than a fan of Satan or Kirby yet not so blind as cannot see reality. TA&M has become very relevant under Jimbo's massive contract and by the conclusion of this past year they were a legitimate contender, whether they won the SECW or not. The fact they did not play in the SECCG does not diminish the fact they were a more legitimate participant than was ND.
You clearly dont realize that they cheated by illegally have 20,000 fans which completely overcame our ability to win and specifically play defense (you know, when the crowd is quiet to let their offense hear).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.