NCAA Rules on Committments

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Just read a bspn article on the committment of DT Dexter Lawrence to Clemson. Odd thing was that Dabadu bragged at length on the lad and his committment to Clemson. I thought that constituted a violation. Am I wrong? If it is legal why don't we do it to help cement committments?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just read a bspn article on the committment of DT Dexter Lawrence to Clemson. Odd thing was that Dabadu bragged at length on the lad and his committment to Clemson. I thought that constituted a violation. Am I wrong? If it is legal why don't we do it to help cement committments?

Did he sign his financial letter? If so, then the staff can comment on him.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Did he sign his financial letter? If so, then the staff can comment on him.
Yeah, it worried me when Mac announced EEs that signed financial letters and include Eli Stove who has now decommitted. Didn't LSU get penalized in a similar situation? And I have never seen a coach brag like that before a LOI.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, it worried me when Mac announced EEs that signed financial letters and include Eli Stove who has now decommitted. Didn't LSU get penalized in a similar situation? And I have never seen a coach brag like that before a LOI.

I know something happened with LSU. I think they got hit on their ability to bring in EEs. I don't know if the rule still the same. I know Mac commented on Isaiah and he just decommitted.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The NCAA makes up the details and the punishment depending on the school as they deem necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator