***NCAA Tournament*** Florida vs Wisconsin

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida takes on Wisconsin Friday night at approximately 9:59 PM EST on TBS. This will be a much tougher opponent than Virginia because Wisconsin can score. They shoot the 3 well and have 2 good bigs that can score inside. We need to play out of our minds on defense once again and have a complete offensive effort. That means Allen and Barry need to step up and get back their shooting strokes. We have to play like this means everything to us. And above all keep having fun. We need everyone to play at their best and Gak to keep providing a spark off the bech

Prediction:

Florida- 78
Wisconsin- 62
POG- Allen

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I will refrain from making a prediction because I am always wrong. But, Hill and Allen can get Koenig in foul trouble with their quickness. Koenig ain't afraid to shoot it and will whenever he gets an inch. Lucky though that UF guards the three line very well.

But such a late game is a drag.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will refrain from making a prediction because I am always wrong. But, Hill and Allen can get Koenig in foul trouble with their quickness. Koenig ain't afraid to shoot it and will whenever he gets an inch. Lucky though that UF guards the three line very well.

But such a late game is a drag.
7pm is perfect for me. :bart:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Back Court - Advantage Florida
Front Court - Advantage Wisconsin
Coach - wash

Winner - whichever team leverages their advantages and minimizes their weaknesses. If our back court plays like they are capable, we win. It is that simple

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Need our bigs to stay out of foul trouble and play defense - rebound, and limit their second chances.

We need at least a few players to step up and hit 3s. Create some pull to get them out of the paint on defense, and not to just mark the hot shooter - again, more than one.

UF - 68
WISC - 62

in regulation, no OT.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Feel much better about this game since the emergence of Gak. He may turn out to be a key piece to our tourney run.

Hill and Cheese need to harass Koenig 90 feet from the basket and stick on him all game. Wear him out!

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Run, run, run em off the court!
florida.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I'm much like Mac...just happy to be here. Purdy kewl, huh?
:chomp:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I'm much like Mac...just happy to be here. Purdy kewl, huh?
:chomp:
After Bu went down, I was content with the Sweet 16. But now we have a great opportunity to really make some noise and get Coach White and the program some real attention, especially if we win a couple more and get to the 4.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
After Bu went down, I was content with the Sweet 16. But now we have a great opportunity to really make some noise and get Coach White and the program some real attention, especially if we win a couple more and get to the 4.
I get it, but not a damn one of us expected to be here before the season. Hell, none of us expected to be here after the way we ended the regular season, so I'm just happy about where we're at. Anything from here on is just icing on the cake!

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't stop watching!!

A little color:
Yeguette with the awesome block off the glass, Frazier battles for the ball and knocks it free, Hill comes up with the loose ball, streaks down the floor, and passes off to a hard charging Prather for the slam! Oh my!

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I get it, but not a damn one of us expected to be here before the season. Hell, none of us expected to be here after the way we ended the regular season, so I'm just happy about where we're at. Anything from here on is just using on the cake!
I believe I said at the beginning of the year that with our level of talent and experience, we should be in the Sweet 16 (I'll go back and see if I can find it). If we had not made the 16, I would be questioning White's coaching (though with Bu missing, I think he did a great job, minus the Vandy losses). I think next year will be the bigger challenge, especially now that it's looking like DRob is seriously going to test the NBA waters (and I don't blame him) and Bu will still be out (if he even stays). We're gonna lose a lot of the roster after this year (6 guys likely gone, and all but one are in the top 6 players on the team).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I believe I said at the beginning of the year that with our level of talent and experience, we should be in the Sweet 16 (I'll go back and see if I can find it). If we had not made the 16, I would be questioning White's coaching (though with Bu missing, I think he did a great job, minus the Vandy losses). I think next year will be the bigger challenge, especially now that it's looking like DRob is seriously going to test the NBA waters (and I don't blame him) and Bu will still be out (if he even stays). We're gonna lose a lot of the roster after this year (6 guys likely gone, and all but one are in the top 6 players on the team).
Well, I certainly didn't think we'd be here. Kudos to you, Mr. Smarty Pants! :bart:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I certainly didn't think we'd be here. Kudos to you, Mr. Smarty Pants! :bart:
lee-corso-meme.jpg

I was wrong, but close - I said Top 25, but not Sweet 16.

Here's my quote from Oct. 27 in the exhibition game thread:
Agree about the first game playing together and tough road to start the season, and I'm a supporter of giving Coach White a chance, but if he can't take this team to the dance, and at least win one game, then he probably isn't the guy. We have enough talent and experience to be in the top 25. Anything less than the round of 32 would be a failure, IMO.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Thanks for starting this thread now Leefor3. I too felt there was plenty of talent on this team. I am glad for the run in the tourney, but like others would have wondered if he could not get in the tourney with this group and win a game or two. I am not that happy that UF allowed an under talented team like UK who has no forwards to win the SEC regular season, though the unbalanced schedule hurt UF as they played more games against the top contenders than anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator