NCAA Tourney Thread

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It wouldn't hurt for Barry to rediscover his 3 pt range, too.

Barry is career about a 34% shooter from the arc which is just what he has shot this year. He has tailed off a bit the last few games, so are hot night from him would be a plus too.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jay talkin' all that smack to me about Zags gonna lose to WVU and metrics don't mean sh*t. Well Jay got OWNED and DESTROYED!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Jay talkin' all that smack to me about Zags gonna lose to WVU and metrics don't mean sh*t. Well Jay got OWNED and DESTROYED!

It was an odd discussion. You'd think advanced metrics banged his wife at some point. I found your stat fascinating.

There's never a full proof metric but some of them can help point you in the right direction for sure.

I think I may have one bracket left with all FF teams alive.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It was an odd discussion. You'd think advanced metrics banged his wife at some point. I found your stat fascinating.

There's never a full proof metric but some of them can help point you in the right direction for sure.

My only viable bracket left has Gonzaga over UCLA in the title game. Duke and Oregon were my other Final 4 teams. Not so sure about Oregon or UCLA, but you gotta take risks to win pools this time of year.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Had Oregon not had that devastating injury to one of their starters just before the tourney, I might have picked them to win it all.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Lol they won a close game that could have EASILY gone the other way if not for WVU suckage. That last possession alone was one of the worst sequences I've ever seen (worse than any Hill layup as time expires). But suuuure it was the metrics that helped you know that WVU would go full URG in the final minute.

It's fine to use metrics as a "guide" but you have to realize they are flawed and tell maybe half the story.

Btw who did you take to win it all? I really hope
it was Gonzaga.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

:nutswinger:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lol they won a close game that could have EASILY gone the other way if not for WVU suckage. That last possession alone was one of the worst sequences I've ever seen (worse than any Hill layup as time expires). But suuuure it was the metrics that helped you know that WVU would go full URG in the final minute.

It's fine to use metrics as a "guide" but you have to realize they are flawed and tell maybe half the story.

Btw who did you take to win it all? I really hope
it was Gonzaga.
:sadnanner:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Who did the metrics say would win in the Xavier/Zona game?
Our discussion was about Gonzaga's merits, and you said there was no way they'd beat Arizona. I guess in a roundabout way you were right, there's no way they'll beat Arizona in this tournament. :dance:

Also, I clearly said metrics aren't perfect, but Gonzaga would be in the Final 4.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Our discussion was about Gonzaga's merits, and you said there was no way they'd beat Arizona. I guess in a roundabout way you were right, there's no way they'll beat Arizona in this tournament. :dance:

Also, I clearly said metrics aren't perfect, but Gonzaga would be in the Final 4.

Answer my question :grin:

If WVU had any brains whatsoever, they would have beaten your boys. Oh, and it the refs didn't bail them out vs Northwestern :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.