New 8 pound Gator is here!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks everyone! Mom and son are doing great! He's sleeping and eating and isn't fussy at all. We are staying tonight and checking out tomorrow morning. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night but not bc of him, he slept the whole time. These fold out chair things are awful lol.

Edit - did I forget to mention hospital food blows? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n265410 said:
3d05dde51fc31fba605d89716c253bd6.jpg

Beautiful child, my friend. You are about to love something in a way you never knew existed. I am so happy you'll have this experience.
Five pieces of advice:

1) Never change your boy in the dark. I made this mistake and got a mouthful of pee.
2) (Via Divits). Give up biting your fingernails immediately.
3) Sleep when he sleeps. You'll be inclined to "get stuff done" when he's asleep. You'll regret it later when you are a walking zombie.
4) Recognize when your wife is at the end of her rope and jump in to relieve her. She'll appreciate it in the long run.
5) The only way to smuggle alcohol into Disney World is in a sippy cup.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Congratulations on your new son.

well_done_sir.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n265811 said:
Beautiful child, my friend. You are about to love something in a way you never knew existed. I am so happy you'll have this experience.
Five pieces of advice:

1) Never change your boy in the dark. I made this mistake and got a mouthful of pee.
2) (Via Divits). Give up biting your fingernails immediately.
3) Sleep when he sleeps. You'll be inclined to "get stuff done" when he's asleep. You'll regret it later when you are a walking zombie.
4) Recognize when your wife is at the end of her rope and jump in to relieve her. She'll appreciate it in the long run.
5) The only way to smuggle alcohol into Disney World is in a sippy cup.

6) Lay a wipe over his Johnson while changing the diaper. It'll save you from the inevitable rain of piss.
7) When he becomes mobile and you're the one watching him, be resigned to the fact that's all you'll be doing. Don't even attempt to do anything else or you'll just make yourself angry and look foolish.
8) Coffee is your best friend.
9) Don't bother changing your shirt just because it has snot and spit on it. Wait for the stuff from the bottom end and you'll cut your laundry load in half.
10) When the grandparents offer to babysit so you and the wife can go out, NEVER decline this offer.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Valuable advice from MJM and Pasty. My advice, which we got from a good friend, this too shall pass.

Jun 2, 2015
Oh good grief, another Gator and a big one at that! Gators are multiplying much faster than Canes. Durty, gotta admit that he is a fine looking young man. He has a perfect shaped head and is not red or wrinkley. Congrats to you and your wife. Now begins about 22 years of hard labor and lots and lots of expense. Just wait till he says "DaDa" and "MaMa", then somehow it's all worth it.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Congratulations! Great looking boy, so glad everybody is doing well. Just 15 short years til hes driving :panic:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
One thing you will soon learn is that know matter how much you love your own parents the love you have for your children will outstrip even that.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Whew, I'm exhausted just thinking of the conveyor belt ride ahead of you... unconditional love is great, enjoy, congratulations Gator!

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great pics - he's beautiful child. Congratulations, brother.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks everybody. I know I'm biased but I think he's just precious, gerber baby precious. All the nurses keep coming by to see him bc he's so cute. Lord help me when he's 16!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n266182 said:
Thanks everybody. I know I'm biased but I think he's just precious, gerber baby precious. All the nurses keep coming by to see him bc he's so cute. Lord help me when he's 16!

Well if he turns out looking like his father, then there is nothing to worry about.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n266182 said:

Um.... trying have 2 girls. :suicide:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n266185 said:
Well if he turns out looking like his father, then there is nothing to worry about.

I laughed out loud

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats on the new addition to the fam!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll warn you of something Durty that both my kids did to me. Picture this: giving them a nice warm bath in the bathtub. They are finally old enough to play with a small toy or splash the water a little. Momma is in the kitchen finally making dinner again. Life is good. And then the little SOB decides to release everything in her bowels into that bath water. Quick... what do you grab first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.