New 8 pound Gator is here!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Update - boy is doing fine, his momma and I are tired but wouldn't change it for the world. Here are a couple of my favorite photos so far...
5a74f0eca64e4e4e5d3dd2786b4e5e87.jpg

f0fcff55284c93aa3ba356235575d956.jpg

96d258275c943d359e16e027c42175af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n268155 said:
Update - boy is doing fine, his momma and I are tired but wouldn't change it for the world. Here are a couple of my favorite photos so far...

You're doing this solely for likes aren't you? :suspect: ;)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Beautiful kid, man. Take it all in.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n266540 said:
I'll warn you of something Durty that both my kids did to me. Picture this: giving them a nice warm bath in the bathtub. They are finally old enough to play with a small toy or splash the water a little. Momma is in the kitchen finally making dinner again. Life is good. And then the little SOB decides to release everything in her bowels into that bath water. Quick... what do you grab first?

Your beer?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;268529 said:
You're doing this solely for likes aren't you? :suspect: ;)

😆😆😆😆

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We had our 1 week appointment today, everything's good. He's already back to his birth weight. Last 2 days have gotten some pretty good sleep at night. He's not fussy like some kids. Mama's happy!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Got his game day jersey ready to go!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n268768 said:
Give it time. :lol2:

Yep. I remember when I could say that. Then we started taking him to daycare and it all went to hell. Half the kids are walking around with snotty noses and coughing and a newborn catches every last virus out there. Weekly doctors visits and antibiotics to cure the colds, sinus and ear infections. Then the squirts from the antibiotics leading to buying barrels of desitin to cure the red ass. Good times.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n268783 said:
Yep. I remember when I could say that. Then we started taking him to daycare and it all went to hell. Half the kids are walking around with snotty noses and coughing and a newborn catches every last virus out there. Weekly doctors visits and antibiotics to cure the colds, sinus and ear infections. Then the squirts from the antibiotics leading to buying barrels of desitin to cure the red ass. Good times.

and then U.S. adults start catching it all cause we aren't used to it as much either. Good times.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n268155 said:

Need to work on those swaddling skills there, bro.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n269027 said:
Need to work on those swaddling skills there, bro.
Agreed. Very shoddy work. Durty needs to learn the "burrito" technique asap. Nom Nom.

Attachments

• conv_4277.jpeg
    conv_4277.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 73

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My swaddling skills are subpar, and my boy has some very strong arms for a 1 week old.

And wobbs is just sore that my boy wasn't a girl :proud:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Some unsolicited advice:

Everybody is going to give you advice. Don't engage. They are all trying to validate their own choices. It's like discussing politics and religion but worse.

So are you planning to use disposable diapers or reusable?

DON'T ANSWER. It's a trick question. If they disagree with your choice, they'll argue why it's the wrong choice; and if they agree with your choice, they'll argue why its the right choice.

Same goes for swaddling or not swaddling, crib bumpers, pacifiers, breast pumps, butt paste or baby powder, you name it.

Folks are crazy.

Play dumb and use misdirection: "Ah, I dunno, my wife read all the books so I'm sure she'll make all the right choices, hey look at this picture of the little fella!"

Alex.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n269499 said:
Some unsolicited advice:

Everybody is going to give you advice. Don't engage. They are all trying to validate their own choices. It's like discussing politics and religion but worse.

So are you planning to use disposable diapers or reusable?

DON'T ANSWER. It's a trick question. If they disagree with your choice, they'll argue why it's the wrong choice; and if they agree with your choice, they'll argue why its the right choice.

Same goes for swaddling or not swaddling, crib bumpers, pacifiers, breast pumps, butt paste or baby powder, you name it.

Folks are crazy.

Play dumb and use misdirection: "Ah, I dunno, my wife read all the books so I'm sure she'll make all the right choices, hey look at this picture of the little fella!"

Alex.
That's somewhat true, but most of the advice I give is from learning the hard way and doing it wrong, often not knowing I was doing it wrong until I looked back at it. Let me give you an example:

Diaper Genie. Great idea, right? WRONG. For those of you who don't know what one of these things is, it essentially turns your baby's poo into an endless series of link sausage. You simply drop the disgusting, soiled, smelly, aweful diaper into the genie, close the lid and voilà it disappears into the contraption's 50-ft long plastic bag repository which will coil inside the innards of this device like an elephant's intestinal tract, seemingly never to be heard from again. I used this demonic device for four years before I realized how screwed up my life had become because of it. Even if you're one of those hyper-organized dudes who has everything on a schedule (which I am not), when it comes to the chore of emptying the Diaper Genie (and, by the way, this task always falls on the father), the overpowering stench, the sh!t eating gnats going up your nose, the gagging that accompanies the effort is almost unbearable. When you lack sleep, lack basic reasoning skills, lack any sense of time and space, as all new fathers do, the accumulation of diapers can go on for weeks without you realizing it. At that point, the weight of the "sausage links" alone makes the task of emptying this monster difficult, and if you don't vomit during the process, consider yourself lucky. Whatsmore, it needs to be cleaned out and sprayed with Lysol every time you dump it. The "odor proof" lid on it is so effective that it traps a volatile and noxious combination of ammonia and methane that becomes imbedded in its interior walls.

When I finally realized I'd had it, I threw the gottamn thing, nasty sausage links and all into the garbage pile for trash collection. I can only imagine the vermin that tried to get into it that night and the horror they must have discovered. From that point on, I had a stack of plastic Publix bags next to a very small diaper pale. I wrapped the diapers up in the bags and threw them in the pale. When the pale was full, (about every other day), I simply emptied it into a large trash bag for disposal. This could be the most valuable piece of advice you ever get, Durty. Go forth and do likewise, gent. Go forth and do likewise.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n265835 said:
6) Lay a wipe over his Johnson while changing the diaper. It'll save you from the inevitable rain of piss.
7) When he becomes mobile and you're the one watching him, be resigned to the fact that's all you'll be doing. Don't even attempt to do anything else or you'll just make yourself angry and look foolish.
8) Coffee is your best friend.
9) Don't bother changing your shirt just because it has snot and spit on it. Wait for the stuff from the bottom end and you'll cut your laundry load in half.
10) When the grandparents offer to babysit so you and the wife can go out, NEVER decline this offer.

#1 Never underestimate a girl.

#2 Its not the pee you have to worry about.

o-BABY-POOPS-ON-DAD-570.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.