New Board Features

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Except when I pick dark mode the font colors a unreadable. Is there a selection for that?

Questions and concerns about the color of something really should bring a screen shot with them, otherwise Ox has no idea really what you (general population 'YOU') are talking about.

All colors are set by the admin within the two available styles (light and dark), so there is no user control other than selecting one of those two styles. That's how this software works = admin tweaks the details of the style, users get to pick an overall style.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Ox, great work overall. I can't really cite any complaints from what I see. Kudos on making the upgrade, and for it being so quick and clean. A bit of feedback, as you may expect the speed of loading a page has def picked up. Interface is faster, colors appear a bit more sharp, overall a good idea executed well.

This bit...

2) The floating circle on the bottom right is our new quick navigation menu. Unfortunately, the one we always used along the left side is not available for X2, and this is the best we have for now. I'll be looking for alternatives as time marches on. Maddeningly, you have to click around the edges of the circle for it to open up - hitting the dead center does nothing. After it's opened, clicking anywhere else on the page will close it. If you don't want this option, it can be removed in preferences.

I honestly liked the floating bar on the left, but knew it would break with X2. I'm glad you found the bottom right option, even if it isn't ideal. Thanks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks. Speaking of new board features, you should see my profile banner.
:shocked3:

Damn! Not even I knew you could do that!

trt454544.jpg

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
On mobile now. That bottom right quick access for forums works better here (fat thumbs) than on desktop (fine point mouse on much larger screen).

However I can’t access my profile or alerts via the right end of the navbar. Generating an error (didn’t try on desktop)

Attachments

• 183CBBEB-CD0C-48E4-B857-9F6B2EC2D77E.png
    183CBBEB-CD0C-48E4-B857-9F6B2EC2D77E.png
    327.6 KB · Views: 7

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
@TLB Have zero idea why that would happen, unless it's something to do with security settings on your phone. I would log out and log back in.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Since we're talking about the lil Orange button... how about a "New Posts" shortcut link in the button.
Mostly, I click New Posts when I wanna rove around here.
Also, a "return to top" shortcut would help a lot.
Put it in the circle.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
@Egor's Assistant I added the "New Posts" shortcut in the circle. As for return to top, now there is an arrow in the upper right of every post. Click it to return to the top of the page.

yuh.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is only to introduce new board features and their functions. Any complaints about stuff not working (outside the new features discussed in this thread) need to go in the bitch thread in the "Issues and Suggestions" section. Here's the thread:

I put it there because the nitpicking has gotten to the point of annoyance and I don't want to look at it here.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
@oxrageous
We lost bullets/numbering in the change

Functions are still there, if you like doing things (bbcode) the hard way without a nifty easy button

• This is a list.
  • A list of lists?
  • No, gtfo

[list][*] This is a list.
[*] A list of lists?
[*] No, gtfo
[/list]

= = = = =

1. This is a list.
  2. A list of lists?
  3. No, gtfo

[list=1][*] This is a list.
[*] A list of lists?
[*] No, gtfo
[/list]

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Functions are still there, if you like doing things (bbcode) the hard way without a nifty easy button

• This is a list.
  • A list of lists?
  • No, gtfo

[list][*] This is a list.
[*] A list of lists?
[*] No, gtfo
[/list]

= = = = =

1. This is a list.
  2. A list of lists?
  3. No, gtfo

[list=1][*] This is a list.