New Chappelle Netflix Special

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you haven’t seen it, check it out. One of the funniest stand ups I’ve seen in years.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I saw him in Ft Lauderdale a year or so ago. He was terrible. There were maybe a half dozen funny lines in the whole show and two of them were dealing with hecklers. I loved his show on TV. I summed it up to him being better at skits vs actual stand up. Glad to hear the Netflix show is good, I'll give it a watch.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw him in Ft Lauderdale a year or so ago. He was terrible. There were maybe a half dozen funny lines in the whole show and two of them were dealing with hecklers. I loved his show on TV. I summed it up to him being better at skits vs actual stand up. Glad to hear the Netflix show is good, I'll give it a watch.

He did a show about a year ago that was okay.

This one is funny as hell.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seen him live twice and would pay double to see him again. One of the funnest live event I've ever been to. From the opening act through Dave's set.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Got around to watching it finally. It was good but not as funny as Chapelles Show. He’s much better at sketches than standup.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meh it was average at best. If you want a good stand up watch some Bill Burr now that guy is ****ing hilarious

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the way he spoke to issues of the day was important, and in today's cancel culture, sort of brave. But I didn't think this was one of his better stand-up sets. I laughed only a few times.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Killing them softly is one of the best stand up routines of all-time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.