New coaching staff #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Law98gator;n159189 said:
lm not going to be around in midseason.

Thee tea leaves are easy to read. Same guys on offense. OL will have at least three freshmen playing. We may play five and even walkons if we have the normal amount of injuries. Nusschamp couldnt score with that OL even if he had Richardson and Lacy back.

Defense will have to adjust to a new scheme being called by Mr. 80 Ranked Defense.

The offense will clearly be on Chimp, but blowing up the defense is on Mac.

Vandy and two of the cupcakes games are the only clear wins I see. I wont be surprised to see us lose to ECU and even go winless in the SEC.

I didnt see 4-8 coming. This one is obvious. Im turning it off. Too painful to think about even.

Man you like stirring it don't you :lol:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;159202 said:
I am going to watch every game until the last down. Even during Muschamp era I did that. .

Damnnnnnnn. You a glutton for punishment.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Law98gator;n159189 said:

Thee tea leaves are easy to read. Same guys on offense. OL will have at least three freshmen playing. We may play five and even walkons if we have the normal amount of injuries. Nusschamp couldnt score with that OL even if he had Richardson and Lacy back.

Defense will have to adjust to a new scheme being called by Mr. 80 Ranked Defense.

Vandy and two of the cupcakes games are the only clear wins I see. I wont be surprised to see us lose to ECU and even go winless in the SEC.

I didnt see 4-8 coming. This one is obvious. Im turning it off. Too painful to think about even.

Yippie!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Any decent coach could have produced some offense with the players we have. It would only take some real coaching and a little creativity along with being able to judge talent and put the right players on the field. Our defense was good enough and will still be good enough to win with a boost on offense. No way Mac loses that many games.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Gatoravatara;n159202 said:
I am going to watch every game until the last down. Even during Muschamp era I did that.

Same here. For me it was always about finding something to give me hope for the future. Obviously didn't happen with WM, but hope begins again under JMac.

law98gator said:

What are you gaining by sticking around now if all you do is piss and moan about how bad things are? Why not give yourself, and everyone else, a break and start that sabbatical early?

I'm getting a bit tired of countering your negative statements, so this is my last effort.
- You claim an offense that has too few players and hardly any of them any good cannot improve under a new coach. And yet you also claim that a defensive roster full of quality players will fall apart under a new coach. I see. The fact that both sides of the ball are returning virtually unchanged (other than a few Defensive starters) is irrelevant to the fact that coaching changes will impact the defense and not impact the offense. Got it.
- You claim the defense will have a new scheme, when I already pointed out (with quotes from the players and coaches) that the scheme is essentially the same but some new terminology applied where needed. I could buy this being coachspeak if it were just from the coach, but players at his old and new schools are saying it's the same and they don't do coachspeak. Your opinion of doom and gloom is more valid than the players and coaches who have discussed the matter? Okaaay, then.

Yes, the offensive line is thin and even if we land a monster class with freshman and juco's we will likely be trying to just survive this year on offense - I'll agree. But I also expect to see an improved offense over what WM provided. You don't want to tune in to see what JMac and Nuss can do with what is there? You don't want to watch the defense keep us in games, or as you predict they may fall apart and be worse than they have been. Fine, your choice, but how about sparing us the bitchfest between now and when you decide not to tune in anymore. Tune out now, for your mental health and the sake of everyone you infect.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even an unpopular one. But what are you gaining by repeating the same unfounded negativity? Once or twice could be venting, something we all do at times. But this endless barrage of negativity, in the face of valid counter arguments - for what purpose? I know you're not a troll, and believe you are just so down from the past few years you can't pull your head up. Take a break, wait for something to pull you back up so you can actually enjoy these discussions. As it is, you obviously aren't happy and you aren't helping anyone else. Don't tell me it's a 'dose of reality we need to accept.' It's your (negative) opinion, one we've heard over and over and over and over. It's not that negativity is banned, but for someone I like and at times respect, I do not enjoy seeing you this way, and as the past weeks have shown it isn't doing you any good either. Step away, take a deep breath, gain perspective and/or let things unfold a bit further to see what's what.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n159189 said:

You make some points but I just don't see a total collapse being possible. I think 7-5 would be the bottom unless we had some major injuries at QB or something like that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n159189 said:

Promise?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Avoiding work a bit more, and decided to go back and see what WM's contract was, and what extensions he got.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/41662/details-of-muschamps-contract-released

Florida released the details of new coach Will Muschamp's contract Thursday.

Here are some details from his contract:
The first-year coach is set to make $13.752 million over the five years of his contract, which runs through the 2015 season. Muschamp received a $750,000 signing bonus and will make an annual salary of more than $2.7 million.

Muschamp will make a base salary of $250,000 a year.

He'll make $1.7 million each year under the activities agreement which includes TV and radio shows and a website maintained by Florida. He'll also receive $290,000 from the school's equipment fee for the first contract year. Thereafter, he will earn $260,000, in order to share some proceeds of the Athletic Association's agreement with its equipment manufacturer. Muschamp will also receive $200,000 from Nike, $61,000 for an expense account and $29,400 in pension.

Muschamp's contract includes a $500,000 buyout clause and he will receive a $500,000 retention bonus if he is still employed at Florida on Jan. 31, 2016.

His bonus incentives include earning $100,000 for reaching a BCS bowl (non-national championship) and $150,000 for reaching the BCS national championship. Muschamp will earn $250,000 for winning a BCS title. Reaching the SEC title game will earn Muschamp $37,500 and he will get $75,000 for winning it. If Muschamp were to earn The Associated Press Coach of the Year, he'll earn an extra $50,000. He will get $25,000 for AP SEC Coach of the Year and $50,000 for a top 10 finish (AP or USA Today Coaches Poll).

Former Florida coach Urban Meyer made more than $4 million dollars per season with the Gators. Muschamp replaced Meyer at Florida at the conclusion of the 2010 season.

If Muschamp is fired, he will earn $2 million for every year left on his contract.

As the defensive coordinator and head-coach-in-waiting at the University of Texas, Muschamp made more than $900,000, making him the highest paid assistant coach at the time.

When comparing Muschamp's salary to other SEC coaches, he's stuck in the middle.

Alabama coach Nick Saban is top dog in the SEC and is one of the highest paid coaches in the country, bringing in almost $6 million a year.

Arkansas' Bobby Petrino enjoyed a hefty raise this offseason and is now making $3.56 million a year. Other SEC coaches receiving raises this offseason include South Carolina's Steve Spurrier, who is up to $2.875 million, Mississippi State's Dan Mullen is at $2.65 million, and Auburn's Gene Chizik is now making $2.1 million a year.

and

Florida Releases Will Muschamp's Contract: Salary Is $2.75 Million Per Year

e University of Florida (or the University Athletic Association) released head football coach Will Muschamp's contract this afternoon, and the Gainesville Sun's Robbie Andreu zipped to Twitter to mete out the details. Basically, it's a five-year, $13.7 million deal with a fair few bonuses for performance.

UF just released Muschamp's contract. It's for $13,752,000 over five years. Average per year is $2,750,400

Muschamp contract full of bonus incentives: $75,000 for winning SEC title game; $250,000 for winning BCS title game

Muschamp received a $750,000 signing bonus. Per year in his contract,$200,000 comes from Nike apparel deal.

Muschamp has a $500,000 buyout. He also has a retention bonus of $500,000 if he is still coach in Jan. 2016.

If UF fires Muschamp, he will receive $2 million for each year left on his contract.

The quick-and-dirty analysis, before we get our hands on the contract and can go through it? Muschamp's making a lot of money for a first-time head coach, and there are significant incentives in place for UF to keep him around for a while. Muschamp's buyout is a paltry $500,000, sure — and yes, that's paltry in this world of SEC coaching salaries, but not in many other places — but if the difference between keeping him and cutting ties is just $750K more per year, it's cheaper to keep him.

Again, we'll have more when the full contract is available.

I notice the last bit about cheaper to keep him...rings painfully true for 2014.

As for extensions:

First one was Feb 2012 = Gators extend Muschamp’s contract

As first reported by Matt Hayes of the Sporting News, the Gators have given its head football coach a one-year contract extension. The move means Muschamp is now signed through the 2016 season.

UF subsequently confirmed that the school had picked up an option year written into the coach’s contract.

“Coach Muschamp’s original contract was for five years with an option year,” UF wrote in a statement. “The UAA exercised that option year in January and he now has five years remaining on his current contract.”

The extension doesn’t come with a bump in an annual salary that averaged $2.75 million under the terms of his original five-year deal.

The second in August 2012Will Muschamp received another contract extension — in August

“It’s easy to do it when you’re 11-1, but we did it back in August because we liked the direction the program was heading,” Foley told Pat Dooley of the Sun. “We wanted to convey to Will how much confidence we had in what he was doing.”

That one-year extension is on top of the one Muschamp received in February of this year to take him through 2016. The terms of Muschamp’s contract remain the same. He’ll receive $2.7 million annually plus incentives such as $100,000 for beating Florida State and going to a BCS bowl game (the Gators appear Sugar Bowl bound).

Muschamp is now 18-7 in two years at UF. The Gators haven’t always looked pretty winning this season, but there’s no arguing the number of quality wins Florida has under its belt. If a four-team playoff was implemented this year, there wouldn’t be any question that Muschamp’s team would be among the four selected.

Followed by a pay raise July 2013 - Florida rewards Will Muschamp with $250,000 annual pay raise

Florida coach Will Muschamp will see a bump in his contract after leading the Gators to an 11-win season and Sugar Bowl appearance in 2012. On Friday, the school announced that Muschamp will get a $250,000 raise in each of the five years remaining on his current contract.

"Dr. [Bernie] Machen and I believe strongly in Coach Muschamp and his leadership and we felt it was appropriate to adjust his salary to be more in line with his market value," Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley said in a statement.

The raise will bring Muschamp right around the $3 million per season mark, which actually ranks near the middle of the Southeastern Conference. Alabama's Nick Saban ($5.47 million annually) leads the league while LSU's Les Miles, South Carolina's Steve Spurrier, Georgia's Mark Richt, Arkansas' Bret Bielema and Texas A&M' s Kevin Sumlin make between $3.1 and $3.8 million annually.

Muschamp has helped lead the Gators to great success on the recruiting trail. Florida's 2013 signing class was ranked No. 3 nationally according to the 247Sports Composite Ranking -- a strong sequel to Muschamp's 2012 class, which ranked No. 4 in the 247Sports Composite Ranking.

Under Muschamp, the Gators are 10-6 in the SEC and 18-8 overall. He was named CBSSports.com's SEC Coach of the Year in 2012.

That's about all I could find. Not trying to spin it either direction, just wanted to have all the facts on the table and look at them fairly.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not so sure why some are ready to throw the towel in right now. If you watched the Muschamp ERROR you should have no problem getting behind this team. We've said for a long time now that we needed coaches who can coach. Perhaps we have that now. Talent is there and ready to be coached. I just have a hard time seeing that McElwain will sh!t the bed as badly as Musbarn did. I expect to see some struggles but also to see a vastly improved mental and physical team. And perhaps a little offense for a change.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n159189 said:

Always such a ray of :pumper:

:weep:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n159256 said:
Same here. For me it was always about finding something to give me hope for the future. Obviously didn't happen with WM, but hope begins again under JMac.

What are you gaining by sticking around now if all you do is piss and moan about how bad things are? Why not give yourself, and everyone else, a break and start that sabbatical early?

I'm getting a bit tired of countering your negative statements, so this is my last effort.
- You claim an offense that has too few players and hardly any of them any good cannot improve under a new coach. And yet you also claim that a defensive roster full of quality players will fall apart under a new coach. I see. The fact that both sides of the ball are returning virtually unchanged (other than a few Defensive starters) is irrelevant to the fact that coaching changes will impact the defense and not impact the offense. Got it.
- You claim the defense will have a new scheme, when I already pointed out (with quotes from the players and coaches) that the scheme is essentially the same but some new terminology applied where needed. I could buy this being coachspeak if it were just from the coach, but players at his old and new schools are saying it's the same and they don't do coachspeak. Your opinion of doom and gloom is more valid than the players and coaches who have discussed the matter? Okaaay, then.

Yes, the offensive line is thin and even if we land a monster class with freshman and juco's we will likely be trying to just survive this year on offense - I'll agree. But I also expect to see an improved offense over what WM provided. You don't want to tune in to see what JMac and Nuss can do with what is there? You don't want to watch the defense keep us in games, or as you predict they may fall apart and be worse than they have been. Fine, your choice, but how about sparing us the bitchfest between now and when you decide not to tune in anymore. Tune out now, for your mental health and the sake of everyone you infect.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even an unpopular one. But what are you gaining by repeating the same unfounded negativity? Once or twice could be venting, something we all do at times. But this endless barrage of negativity, in the face of valid counter arguments - for what purpose? I know you're not a troll, and believe you are just so down from the past few years you can't pull your head up. Take a break, wait for something to pull you back up so you can actually enjoy these discussions. As it is, you obviously aren't happy and you aren't helping anyone else. Don't tell me it's a 'dose of reality we need to accept.' It's your (negative) opinion, one we've heard over and over and over and over. It's not that negativity is banned, but for someone I like and at times respect, I do not enjoy seeing you this way, and as the past weeks have shown it isn't doing you any good either. Step away, take a deep breath, gain perspective and/or let things unfold a bit further to see what's what.

Dude, that's just it. This hasn't been Law for the last few weeks. This has been Law for the last few years. It is his mode of operation. Negativity is his comfort zone. Get used to it. It aint changing.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Only Gators http://www.onlygators.com/01/26/201...ida-coaching-staff-vacancy-gators-recruiting/

Still missing: wide receivers coach
As was mentioned one week ago in this space, new Florida Gators head coach Jim McElwain has been in no rush to fill the last position on his initial coaching staff with Florida still looking for its wide receivers coach 21 days (as of press time) after every other member of the staff was officially announced.
Nevertheless, a source close to the program reaffirmed to OnlyGators.com on Sunday that there is indeed a high level of interest in the position with at least two former Gators players, and one former Florida assistant coach, in the pool of candidates for the job. There are also a couple NFL assistants hoping to get the gig. McElwain has a few front-runners in the aforementioned grouping and will continue interviews this week between recruiting visits and phone calls.

Whether a wide receivers coach is hired in the nine days before National Signing Day (Wednesday, Feb. 4) ultimately remains to be seen, though there is a growing expectation that one could be hired before the week is out.

Update on Tuesday at 4:50 p.m.: According to CoachingSearch.com, former San Francisco 49ers offensive assistant Ronald Curry, who played wideout when McElwain was quarterbacks coach with the Oakland Raiders in 2002, is one of those candidates.
Josh Newberg of 247 Sports wrote Sunday on Twitter that he was “hearing some buzz” about Miami Dolphins assistant wide receivers coach Phil McGeoghan being another possibility.
While OnlyGators.com is unable to report the names of the two former Gators players up for the position at this time due to conditions of a confidential discussion, we have been told that one of the two is expected to interview for the job this week.

gradientDivider.gif

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/01/26/201...taff-vacancy-gators-recruiting/#ixzz3Q3u8JIWZ
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not exactly block buster names and almost certainly not the top of his list, but hey. Getting the right former gator could be cool though.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen in a couple places that Marvin Harrison is a serious candidate. A good friend of mine heard the same

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
t-gator;n161297 said:
I've seen in a couple places that Marvin Harrison is a serious candidate. A good friend of mine heard the same

Me too!!! That would be absolutely AWESOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator